A Commerce Daydream

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a consumerism-parable involving Venger (fictional metaphysics wizard) and Scarlet Witch (fictional mystic-heroine) about the Catholic Church and the symbolic accessibility of the media-friendly Vatican (Holy See) website.

Can we coordinate commerce with rhetoric (e.g., Black Friday)?

====

Venger used his mirror to cross-over from the realm of the netherworld into Earth-realm where he encountered the potent superwoman Scarlet Witch. Venger was intrigued by TrumpUSA and modern media access to all kinds of news (CNN) and information (Wikipedia) and entertainment (MTV). Scarlet Witch informed Venger that this sensory-overload of media stimuli was confusing modern man in this new age of ultra-fast commercial traffic (e.g., NASDAQ). Venger was more concerned about the 'evolution' of civilization and how it contributed to this confounding melee Scarlet Witch was discussing.

VENGER: I think you worry about 'cholesterol' in this 'convenience-culture.'
SCARLET WITCH: Consumers can order food online and trade stocks with buttons!
VENGER: Yes (haha), such conveniences promote laziness and gluttony.
SCARLET WITCH: Yes, and with so many buttons, people feel scattered...
VENGER: I see what you mean; there's no real 'modernism' guidance-force.
SCARLET WITCH: Yes, in the past we had the United Nations to guide us.
VENGER: The UN helped humanity get through the adolescence of globalization.
SCARLET WITCH: The UN was formed as a response more or less to WWII.
VENGER: That is partly true indeed; so we need a new guiding-force for consumerism.
SCARLET WITCH: Correct. The FDA and the EPA help for sure, but we need more.
VENGER: There's certainly no Internet regulation force to monitor spam/hackers.
SCARLET WITCH: True, but the NSA has a special cyber-division now.
VENGER: That is good. I worry about obsession with 'toys' and neglect of philosophy.
SCARLET WITCH: It's almost as if Netgrocer.com is turning men into 'beasts.'

Venger wondered if all this Earth-realm hysteria was drawing the undesirable attention of an alien-intelligence which would view humanity as foolish and deserving of colonization. Venger told Scarlet Witch that the two of them must defend Earth-realm from the schizophrenia of consumerism-adolescence hysteria and confusion. Venger flew around Earth on his dark horse and invisibly and noticed all the modern commercial traffic and all the industry. He noted Scarlet Witch's accurate observation that the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) were the only two real commerce-regulation 'institutions.'

Scarlet Witch knew that the problem lay in the evidential incompatibility between capitalism and democracy. Capitalism promoted natural competitiveness, while democracy espoused peer-editing, teamwork, and checks-and-balances. Democracy involved voting, while capitalism involved shopping and the two may never meet in the middle(!). Scarlet Witch suggested to Venger that they use the American lottery system to promote optimism and sanity in this modern age of blizzard-like consumerism. Venger liked the idea very much.

"I stand before you, President Trump to echo the concerns of my mystic-peer Scarlet Witch that the modern world of commerce is confounded by concerns that capitalism is simply disharmonious with democracy(!). Capitalism is a risk and contest-based economic system, while democracy promotes voting and checks-and-balances. If we could 'marry' capitalism with democracy with a careful meditation on the social value of the lottery system, there would be more fruitful dialogue regarding the 'democratic signature' of capitalism (which would aid your administration in geopolitical negotiations!). The lottery is a nifty American system. Consumers purchase lottery tickets (e.g., Powerball) and wait for winning-numbers to be broadcasted. Consumers buy tickets which adds to the prize-chest, and then a certain portion of the winnings (after taxes!) goes back to the government, so the lottery system is (in a way) a sort of 'political tithe' for democracy(!). Before I return to my own realm, President Trump, I'd like to formally request that First Lady Melania Trump work closely with Scarlet Witch in establishing protocols to encourage lottery-winners to post gratitude-prayers on the Vatican website. Good luck (and God bless America)!"

====

china5.jpg

Forum List

Back