A Comment on The Layout of This Place...

before the recent changes, this site had the feel of a comfortable and inviting neighborhood tavern...

it now, IMHO, has all the ambiance of an office cubicle...

Pogo said:
I like the analogy, Bill. Some character has been lost.

By the way did you know you can "like" or "agree with" this post? Because everybody gets a medal, no matter what. It's all about rainbows and unicorns.

Pogo, whining: priceless. :badgrin:

Pogo said:
The good news is, even though it doesn't count for anything you can also "disagree" behind the scenes and never have to explain what you 'disagree' with.

Awwwww. How cute. :badgrin:

Pogo said:
Like Henry does.

Heeeeeeeeeere comes the jellyfish, Pogo. Don't you let it sting ya, now, sonny. :badgrin:

Back on topic, I think the new format rocks, myself.

There are some good things and some bad things.

I definitely find it moves faster.

However, it is harder to read. One big reason I liked the old place better was because it was easy to scroll through all the topics. Now, because a quarter of the page is blank on the right, the topics are scrunched together in a smaller space.

it now, IMHO, has all the ambiance of an office cubicle...

Now, because a quarter of the page is blank on the right, the topics are scrunched together in a smaller space

the space to the right is just to large, its an intrusion whether there is an advertisement or not - as the OP points out the experience its like working in a (tight) cubicle.

Why oh why.

images

Forum List

Back