A cold day in Portland

Sep 12, 2008
First time I can remember ever having snow in November. We didn't get much. But school had delayed opening today.

My kids got a day off.

IMG_0214.jpg

It never got over freezing today. And it was really very cold. Down into the low 20s

Just went out and opened up all the faucets around the property to avoid freezing. Cold as a witches tit out there. Sat our daytime high was as cold as the coldest night of this winter season. Today it reached 60 occasionally when the sun was blaring. But it will be in the teens by morning. The dog loves it!

Where I was, there was almost no snow at all. At higher elevations and on the west side, there was quite a bit.

My X is from russia and she thinks folks from Oregon are pussies when it comes to snow. I have listend to her go on about it at great length.

o i agree with the russian....we get a lot of them at the ski resort ...amazing....will be minus frozen nuts...and they are standing there with jackets unzipped and gloves off..talking...

Where I was, there was almost no snow at all. At higher elevations and on the west side, there was quite a bit.

My X is from russia and she thinks folks from Oregon are pussies when it comes to snow. I have listend to her go on about it at great length.

Well...if you call that snow... :eusa_whistle:

Meanwhile on the right coast Portland Maine has been enjoying rather warm weather during most of this fall.

We've all noticed this, right?

During years when the left coast is colder and wetter, the right coast typically has milder winters?

That random walki of the jet stream is the cause of this.

It is snowing lightly again. I don't drive in snow, as I have so little experience with the stuff. But I have to fetch my kids for thanksgiving.

White Christmas, OK, I am cool with that. White Thanksgiving? Who writes this stuff?

Meanwhile on the right coast Portland Maine has been enjoying rather warm weather during most of this fall.

We've all noticed this, right?

During years when the left coast is colder and wetter, the right coast typically has milder winters?

That random walki of the jet stream is the cause of this.

So this is weather not climate?

Forum List

Back