"A Clockwork Orange" turns 40!

Uh folks, this movie was a satire about FREE WILL~

You either get the movie or you don't.

I guess many dont get that the violence of Alex gave the story a reasoning that the state should "fix" him in most peoples minds.

What peopel dont seem to get is that the WAY they tried to TEACH him was behavior modification instead of trying to reach him as a human being and TEACH him compassion for others.

When you teach you inform a person of how they can change themselves.

It has to come from within.

when you behavior modify you are simple programed to act a certain way and it is not out of human choice.

Human to human reasoning and compassion can not be programmed into a person.

You have to confront the thinking process of a human being and help them find the path in their own mind.

He was void of this in the begining because no one had treated him as a thinking compassionate human being.

It was a failure of the society to truely reach its children and teach them the REASONS people are compassionate and kind to each other.

It was a statement on where human kind was headed with it surface level only in the way they teach kids both in schools and in homes.

Going through the motions instead of actually engauging our childrens minds.

Uh folks, this movie was a satire about FREE WILL~

You either get the movie or you don't.

And if you didn't get the movie, you can get the commemorative action figure set!
(while supplies last)

-144781106165525510.jpg

I loved the movie and the book, too.

CO is one of those movies I loved, however, that I do not really want to see again.

I've read the book a few times.

The book is, I think, rather brilliant in that it invents a futuristic patrois for Alex and co., and does a damned fine literary exploration on issues like free will, rights of the individual versus rights of society, and so forth.

I was living in Southern California at the time, the movie was simply a documentary for us.

I loved the movie and the book, too.

CO is one of those movies I loved, however, that I do not really want to see again.

I've read the book a few times.

The book is, I think, rather brilliant in that it invents a futuristic patrois for Alex and co., and does a damned fine literary exploration on issues like free will, rights of the individual versus rights of society, and so forth.

The book was great as well, 1984 is another one of my favorites (both the book and the movie).

Forum List

Back