A Clear Cut Win for George W. Bush!

I did not watch the debate...I can't stomach listening to Kerry's bullshit and then think about the millions of people who buy into his lies. :(

:-/

nakedemperor said:
That doesn't seem quite fair...

Isn't the Hells Angels a criminal organization...? Or more like a hunting club with huge, fast, offensively loud motorcycles?

Hmmm. I thought it was totally fair. And huge, fast, offensively loud motorcycles is what I work on for a living. And the Hells Angels are a motorcycle club, of which I have personally met and drank with the father of the club, Sonny Barger.

Sounding more fair?

I've watched all three debates and found them all immensely entertaining.

I thought Kerry handidly won the first, keeping Bush on the defensive.
I though Bush won the second one, calling Kerry out on some of his positions very well and being more confident in his answers.

However, I'm fairly surprised with so many members believe Bush did well in the last debate? Kerry was much more focused on his positions during the debate (whether they are right, is another debate all together). However, his call on Cheney's daughter was ill placed. Bush didn't have the same folky wit that served him so well in the second debate. His retorts seemed a bit contrived and I don't think he got his message out on domestic issues as clearly as Kerry. All and all, the debate delivered no knock out punch by either side, but Kerry seems to be more eloquent in his speaking style and I think would come across better to the uninformed voter.

Debates are (and unfortunately) rarely about the issues. They are about appearances. I don't think Bush brought his A-game.

Isaac Brock said:
I've watched all three debates and found them all immensely entertaining.

I thought Kerry handidly won the first, keeping Bush on the defensive.
I though Bush won the second one, calling Kerry out on some of his positions very well and being more confident in his answers.

However, I'm fairly surprised with so many members believe Bush did well in the last debate? Kerry was much more focused on his positions during the debate (whether they are right, is another debate all together). However, his call on Cheney's daughter was ill placed. Bush didn't have the same folky wit that served him so well in the second debate. His retorts seemed a bit contrived and I don't think he got his message out on domestic issues as clearly as Kerry. All and all, the debate delivered no knock out punch by either side, but Kerry seems to be more eloquent in his speaking style and I think would come across better to the uninformed voter.

Debates are (and unfortunately) rarely about the issues. They are about appearances. I don't think Bush brought his A-game.

I couldn't disagree more. I thought the President did an extremely good job in the third debate. He clarified his position with the constitutional amendment he proposed, I thought he wiped the floor with Kerry on social security, he continued to point out the fact that in 20 years Kerry has accomplished virtually nothing in the Senate, and I thought his wit was quite sharp. Kerry is the one that really needed to deliver a knock out blow, and he didn't do it.

Forum List

Back