A challenge for all partisans

Let's try an effort in futility.

Most of us are set in our ways, our beliefs. We argue daily, sometimes about mundane shit and sometimes about heartfelt issues. Often what we forget which is often most important is that were all Americans. We can have deep divides but at the end of the day were all in this together. I often have liberal clients and their life ambitions are no different than mine were at their age. Get kids through school, put some money away for later in life and most importantly enjoy life.

We all talk shit to each other on here but truth be told I would love to sit down face to face over a drink and shoot the shit with about any of you. While I may have more in common with say, Full Auto , my conversation with Jillian would be far more exciting if for no other reason than our differences.

I've really enjoyed the interaction with most of you cept for the haters. So can you all commit to repping at least 6 out of your next 10 to someone with a different view than you? After all what makes us unique is our differences and our ability to discuss said differences without throwing shoes at each other or wearing suicide vests to each others birthday parties.

Can you do it or are you too partisan......

Good idea if it comes from the heart.

I try to give POSREP to people whose posts are good regardless of whether or not I entirely agree.

Occassionall I even give POS REP when somebody's quip is so clever that it makes me look like a fool, too.

Your HONEST detractors, when they're on the mark, are your best friends, really.

They are helping YOU improve by pointing out flaws in your thinking or arguments.

And occassionally, when you're becoming pompous, their lampoons can save you from HUBRIS.

I've been making an effort to get along with some on the left over here.

One thing I admire about the commies (affectionately) on this board is they are in the minority here, yet they keep coming back exprssing thier beliefs. I got to give them credit for that.

I have never given anyone a neg rep does that count?

You've only been here a couple of months, and have no rep to hurt anyone... so no. :lol:

On topic: I quite often rep intelligent liberals.... I'm as likely to neg a 'conservative' as a one of the rabid lefties. I feel like I'm already walking the walk on this one.

There are quite a few liberals that I'd absolutely meet up with... and there are quite a few right wingers that I'd actively avoid.

why does rep matter?

I'm new here but, i'm a little confused...it has no real implications does it?

When your Rep Power reaches 500 you get coupons for free beer.

When it reaches a 1000 you get coupons for Scotch.

When it reaches 2000 you get a Biggest Loser medal.

When you hit 3000, you get a 'Everybody Phears U' badge. I treasure mine. :lol:

For the most part, by the time people have formed an opinion about why the world goes 'round, then the biases have already been formed. Everything from parents to schools as well as friends and common interests, and last but not least, media stations tend to catch viewers with issues and stances, in which one could say, "I agree with that; down with the opposition!" It then becomes a form of social deconstruction, if one were to be truly non-partisan.

Most of us are set in our ways, our beliefs. We argue daily, sometimes about mundane shit and sometimes about heartfelt issues. Often what we forget which is often most important is that were all Americans. We can have deep divides but at the end of the day were all in this together. I often have liberal clients and their life ambitions are no different than mine were at their age. Get kids through school, put some money away for later in life and most importantly enjoy life.

We all talk shit to each other on here but truth be told I would love to sit down face to face over a drink and shoot the shit with about any of you. While I may have more in common with say, Full Auto , my conversation with Jillian would be far more exciting if for no other reason than our differences.

I've really enjoyed the interaction with most of you cept for the haters. So can you all commit to repping at least 6 out of your next 10 to someone with a different view than you? After all what makes us unique is our differences and our ability to discuss said differences without throwing shoes at each other or wearing suicide vests to each others birthday parties.

I'll rep you cuz I loves that monkey :lol:

I don't remember ever giving anyone a neg rep. If I have, I'm sure they'll let me know.

why does rep matter?

:lol:

OK , good to know, people here act like you will get kicked from the site if your rep goes down.

So far based upon the conversations i've had on here a bad rep would be a badge of honor.

why does rep matter?

OK , good to know, people here act like you will get kicked from the site if your rep goes down.

So far based upon the conversations i've had on here a bad rep would be a badge of honor.

Lol consider all the people in red and that is your ambition?

Just about everyone of them are on my ignore list. True loons

why does rep matter?

Sure it is. :lol::lol:

take a look at those with the 'red badge of honor'... most are racist little shits. If you're a racist little shit, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to wear it. Decent posters - left or right - are not in the red.

Sure it is. :lol::lol:

take a look at those with the 'red badge of honor'... most are racist little shits. If you're a racist little shit, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to wear it. Decent posters - left or right - are not in the red.
To be fair, some posters appear to intentionally get neg repped in order to fall back to 999...so they can cross the 1000 threshold and welch some Scotch.

It was about a year ago you posted this. And about a year ago I decided I was no longer a Republican, as the politics of that party drifted so far away from mine.

And since I made that choice, you have chased me around every single thread, hurling unprovoked insults, nasty comments, name calling....with no shame.

Guess you were too partisan to follow your own advice.

Thread_Necromancer.jpg

It was about a year ago you posted this. And about a year ago I decided I was no longer a Republican, as the politics of that party drifted so far away from mine.

And since I made that choice, you have chased me around every single thread, hurling unprovoked insults, nasty comments, name calling....with no shame.

Guess you were too partisan to follow your own advice.

Cry more fraud

Forum List

Back