A case to prove Hypocrites

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
The left insisted when Bush was elected and sworn in and for the 8 years he was President, that no one could mention Clinton because he was no longer President, that if anyone did they were deflecting and hiding and trying to change the subject. NOW all the left can do is talk about Bush and guess what? He isn't President anymore.

The left complained about how Bush ran up a deficit, doubling it in 8 years. Yet they fawn all over Obama who will, if given what he wants double the deficit in 4 YEARS.

The left complained about Bush cutting taxes during a war. Obama cuts taxes DURING a war and they applaud him.

Bush's last year deficit was about 500 billion, the 1.3 trillion claim involves counting a 750 Billion package the Democrats created and passed. All bad according to the left. Obama in less then 2 months creates an 800 Billion dollar package that is all deficit and the left applauds him.

The Right still talks about Clinton to this day and did so for after Bush was elected! It is called politics and people in politics like to move the subject off themselves and what better way to do that than blame the last guy.
Watch the scene in "Traffic" when Michael Douglas's character takes over Brolin's character! That pretty much sums up how the game works.

The Right still talks about Clinton to this day and did so for after Bush was elected! It is called politics and people in politics like to move the subject off themselves and what better way to do that than blame the last guy.
Watch the scene in "Traffic" when Michael Douglas's character takes over Brolin's character! That pretty much sums up how the game works.

You do realize the Right still talks about Clinton to this day because the Left can't stop bringing him up, right?

Most people will just always blame the President of the other side even when the causative mechanism is totally ambiguous. If things go well while Obama's in office, the right will say it was because of something Bush did, the left will praise Obama; if things go badly under Obama, the right will blame Obama, the left will blame Bush.

You do realize the Right still talks about Clinton to this day because the Left can't stop bringing him up, right?
It always come backs to the left! You guys complain about Clinton because we bring it up, got it!
So, using your logic it is the rights fault we complain about Bush.
Like I said before it is politics and you need something to complain about!

It always come backs to the left! You guys complain about Clinton because we bring it up, got it!

The RIGHT complains about Bush.

So what exactly IS your point?

The left insisted when Bush was elected and sworn in and for the 8 years he was President, that no one could mention Clinton because he was no longer President, that if anyone did they were deflecting and hiding and trying to change the subject. NOW all the left can do is talk about Bush and guess what? He isn't President anymore.

I'm sure the left's attempts to deflect and use the "he isn't president anymore" line were pretty lame and pathetic back in February 2001. Most intelligent people probably saw through that just like most intelligent people today are seeing through it when the right says the same thing about Bush.

But not to worry, as Obama's term moves along the "Bush isn't president anymore" line will become more effective, probably starting right after the mid-term elections.

The left complained about how Bush ran up a deficit, doubling it in 8 years. Yet they fawn all over Obama who will, if given what he wants double the deficit in 4 YEARS.

I think the gripe is how the money is spent. But yeah, they are hypocrites there. Just like y'all are a bunch of hypocrites with this reinvention of fiscal conservatism in the Republican party.

The left complained about Bush cutting taxes during a war. Obama cuts taxes DURING a war and they applaud him.

Yep, hypocrites there too. Since the right applauded Bush for doing the same I can assume you are praising the president for cutting taxes?

Bush's last year deficit was about 500 billion, the 1.3 trillion claim involves counting a 750 Billion package the Democrats created and passed. All bad according to the left. Obama in less then 2 months creates an 800 Billion dollar package that is all deficit and the left applauds him.

It's all about where and how the money is being spent.

The point is both sides are hypocritical ESPECIALLY when power has been transferred to a new party.

Such is politics.

RetiredGySgt said:
Bush's last year deficit was about 500 billion, the 1.3 trillion claim involves counting a 750 Billion package the Democrats created and passed. All bad according to the left.

Facts in error please correct and resubmit. The $750B bailout package was written by the Bush administration, submitted by them and passed, at least partially through their arm-twisting. The "left" as you so called it was in favor of the bill a necessary evil to get us out of where we found ourselves and still maintain that position.

RetiredGySgt said:
The left insisted when Bush was elected and sworn in and for the 8 years he was President, that no one could mention Clinton because he was no longer President

Facts again in error. To many in the "left" Bush was never elected first of all. Second, no one I know on the "left" stated you couldn't mention Clinton we just said you couldn't blame him for the failures of the Bush Administration.

RetiredGySgt said:

Close but still no cigar. Facts still in error. The "left" complained about Bush cutting taxes for the wealthiest 2percent during wartime. The "left" applauds Obama for at least attempting to keep a campaign promise despite a drastic change in circumstances and allow for a much needed tax cut on middle class.

RetiredGySgt said:

Facts not yet in evidence. I would ask you to provide some substantiation for this accusation. One that preferably doesn't come from wing-nut central.

Last edited:

The RIGHT complains about Bush.

So what exactly IS your point?
that you have no point! Your excuse for the right complaining about CLinton is it is the left's fault, because we have no entered the period where republicans are the minority and they have to play the blame game.
The people on the right complain about us bashing Bush while you complain about Obama. It always goes both ways!

RetiredGySgt said:
Bush's last year deficit was about 500 billion, the 1.3 trillion claim involves counting a 750 Billion package the Democrats created and passed. All bad according to the left.

Facts in error please correct and resubmit. The $750B bailout package was written by the Bush administration, submitted by them and passed, at least partially through their arm-twisting. The "left" as you so called it was in favor of the bill a necessary evil to get us out of where we found ourselves and still maintain that position.

RetiredGySgt said:
The left insisted when Bush was elected and sworn in and for the 8 years he was President, that no one could mention Clinton because he was no longer President

Facts again in error. To many in the "left" Bush was never elected first of all. Second, no one I know on the "left" stated you couldn't mention Clinton we just said you couldn't blame him for the failures of the Bush Administration.

RetiredGySgt said:

Close but still no cigar. Facts still in error. The "left" complained about Bush cutting taxes for the wealthiest 2percent during wartime. The "left" applauds Obama for at least attempting to keep a campaign promise despite a drastic change in circumstances and allow for a much needed tax cut on middle class.

RetiredGySgt said:

Facts not yet in evidence. I would ask you to provide some substantiation for this accusation. One that preferably doesn't come from wing-nut central.

Usual nonsense from the left, claim everything is incorrect even though it is not. Ohh and by the way provide some evidence Bush helped out the wealthy. His tax cuts were designed to help poor and middle class. They got the biggest cuts by his tax cuts. Explain again how it is ok to over tax people cause they happen to have more money then you?

Obama plans to spend 3 trillion, that is a fact, he has stated it several different times. The 800 billion bail out is just the start.

First of all, the deficit rises all time due to inflation. We are not actually responsible for paying it off you realize that right? If we want to print money left and right, who says when and where it has to be paid off? The government is not a person, that wants to have a zero balance every month....it does not work that way, we must always have a perpetual outstanding debt because our federal budget changes with the times and credit markets fluctuate. If an emergency happens, like war or economic meltdown, or a disaster....we inflate the budget and dip further into our deficit because we have to. Taxes today have been higher, and they have been lower....this means utterly nothing, because all of our taxes go to federal and state spending.....not federal and state debt relief. If obama wanted to spend 3 trillion dollars beyond budget, he would have to bailout wall street every year from now on....which will not happen. The stimulus package is meant to help homeowners, homebuyers, home lenders, unemployed workers and regulation; it is not perfect, nothing is. I would have liked a fair share of money going to job training and benefits for students or unemployed workers who go back to school, but what can you do. Here in California, we are getting raped. The democrats AND republicans of this state have passed the single worst budget in state history, raising taxes across the board including sales and service tax, stripping school funding to UC's and Cal States by 9 billion over two years and taking away state services thru to 2013 before this shit expires.

Last edited:
RetiredGySgt said:

RetiredGySgt said:

Usual nonsense from the left, claim everything is incorrect even though it is not. Ohh and by the way provide some evidence Bush helped out the wealthy. His tax cuts were designed to help poor and middle class. They got the biggest cuts by his tax cuts. Explain again how it is ok to over tax people cause they happen to have more money then you?

Obama plans to spend 3 trillion, that is a fact, he has stated it several different times. The 800 billion bail out is just the start.
the funniest thing in all this
the majority of the tax burden shifted from the middle class to the top 5% under Bush, yet he only hellped the rich

figure that one out

First of all, the deficit rises all time due to inflation. We are not actually responsible for paying it off you realize that right? If we want to print money left and right, who says when and where it has to be paid off? The government is not a person, that wants to have a zero balance every month....it does not work that way, we must always have a perpetual outstanding debt because our federal budget changes with the times and credit markets fluctuate. If an emergency happens, like war or economic meltdown, or a disaster....we inflate the budget and dip further into our deficit because we have to. Taxes today have been higher, and they have been lower....this means utterly nothing, because all of our taxes go to federal and state spending.....not federal and state debt relief. If obama wanted to spend 3 trillion dollars beyond budget, he would have to bailout wall street every year from now on....which will not happen. The stimulus package is meant to help homeowners, homebuyers, home lenders, unemployed workers and regulation; it is not perfect, nothing is. I would have liked a fair share of money going to job training and benefits for students or unemployed workers who go back to school, but what can you do. Here in California, we are getting raped. The democrats AND republicans of this state have passed the single worst budget in state history, raising taxes, stripping school funding and lowering state services and in many cases ending them.
thats because most of your republicans might as well be democrats ;)

The left insisted when Bush was elected and sworn in and for the 8 years he was President, that no one could mention Clinton because he was no longer President, that if anyone did they were deflecting and hiding and trying to change the subject.
Wrong. The left laughed at wingnuts that blamed Clinton for things that weren't his fault, not for things that were his fault.
NOW all the left can do is talk about Bush and guess what? He isn't President anymore.
Pointing out a real policy fuckup is valid. And Bush had plenty of them.

Running up a deficit to invade a country that couldn't harm us was retarded. Trying to save our country from economic colapse, not so much.

The only way to get the three Republicans that were needed to pass the bill was to include tax cuts. I agree they shouldn't be in the bill.

Is that why Gunny was forced to bring him up yesterday? :rofl:

The left insisted when Bush was elected and sworn in and for the 8 years he was President, that no one could mention Clinton because he was no longer President, that if anyone did they were deflecting and hiding and trying to change the subject.
"The Left" all said that, did they?

I must have not gotten that memo from "the Left" central

Honestly, where do you come up with this goofy blather?

"The Left" all said that, did they?

I must have not gotten that memo from "the Left" central

Honestly, where do you come up with this goofy blather?

Sure thing, deflect all you want. Then actually pay attention on these boards and you see exactly what I am talking about. But then you already know that.

Last edited:
RetiredGySgt said:

Ahh...the old I'm right and your full of nonsense defense. Never mind trying to argue real points. Given your taken position though I do understand.

The two links below are clearly show that the benefits of the Bush Tax Cuts were most strongly weighted in favor of the highest income earners. I know...I know the NYTimes is liberal communist fish rap and the CBO justs hates Bush...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/08/washington/08tax.html
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/79xx/doc7996/04-12-LaborSupply.pdf

As far as why I believe that the top income earners should pay more in taxes...because the benefit the most from the commonwealth of the nation, i.e. they owe more back. They benefit more from the public infrastructure than any other group. To ask them to pay more is not trying to punish the rich or soak them for their money, it just plain just.

As far as Obama going to spend $3T more please provide links for me to analyze otherwise...eh.

Forum List

Back