A Capitalism Diction

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a mock-discussion between two American celebrities (Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise) and a hypothetical anti-capitalism Devil's Advocate named Jan (all pictured below!).

The discussion regards 'capitalism bravado'.

Signing off,

====

HANKS: America is about beauty...
JAN: I disagree; I think America is about wealth!
CRUISE: You're both right (and wrong); America is about 'evangelism.'

HANKS: When I see American businessmen flourish, I think of capitalism.
JAN: I think of the AntiChrist.
CRUISE: I think we all think of something creative...

HANKS: Why do you think Woody Allen made the film Celebrity?
JAN: Americans like movies about silly fun...
CRUISE: Not true; Americans are pensive about consumerism and media!

HANKS: Wall Street symbolizes pure creativity.
JAN: I disagree; I think Wall Street symbolizes chess...
CRUISE: Anti-Western terrorists hate Wall Street.

HANKS: Capitalism is better than fascism.
JAN: Yes, the Spanish Inquisition was all about torture.
CRUISE: Anyone see my movie American Made?

====

darkmen.jpg

The Vending Mystery

====

GOD: One million people sip Starbucks coffee simultaneously from cups around the world and get a taste/buzz of the high-speed life (with a delicious/zesty flavor). One genius gets the idea to start carrying around fake Monopoly board-game play-money and pretend he's a 'capitalism comedian' and makes remarks about sipping Starbucks and fantasizing he's rich.
SATAN: Yes, such a 'perspective' can either be construed as Utopian or very very sarcastic...maybe that's how terrorists think too. I wonder if terrorists of anti-Western perspective dissect every minutiae of American culture --- e.g., iPods, digital home thermostats, ADT alarm-systems, FaceTime, Facebook, etc., etc.
GOD: Fortunately, America boasts the NSA's skilled cyber-division, which watches for unusual Internet-hacking activity.
SATAN: They should make a movie about an Ivy League graduate becoming an ADT computer-system hacker...
GOD: Yes, movies about nerds becoming burglars seem to fascinate the modern-day citizen!
SATAN: Blame it on Oliver Stone.

====

starbucks.jpg
money.png

Forum List

Back