A Canadian Town Offends Some Muslims

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Annie, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    by doing the right thing:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/070130/canada/canada_stoning_col_2

and on que:

2. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    This town has a set of balls I say: You see the old saying when in Rome do as Romans anyone remember that one? What the hell happened in the west when these people from muslims nations started invading our lands and pushing there lifestyles on us! So this town stands up and says you'll act in accordance with our lifestyle ways. Good for them keep your home and community in check we could learn from those liberal Canadians for once!
    I’m a immigrant from Ireland and even though I was young when we came to the US, our family always followed the rules in every community we lived in, it is just the rules back then and we as a Nation should stop being or hiding behind political correctness and offend these immigrants and make our stand that this is our country and you live by our rules. If you don’t like it then leave!
    And if they are offended has anyone ever thought we are offended by there actions and ill natures they do?

3. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I guess that logic assumes, Toronto could post notice to all US visitors:
    "We do not allow child molestation, infanticide, rape, or the pouring of toxic waste into our waters. SO stay out of Canada if you want to bring that shit up here."

No one could get offended at that, could they?
    Only because there are SOME Americans who have done, and will do those nasty things - not all Americans do.

4. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,741
    Bad analogy, our laws don't allow such things. Islamic law on the other hand does allow for the things that were mentioned.
    Or are you actually going to tell us that places like Saudi Arabia don't allow such things?

5. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I can't understand why some people bring up things that arent really on the same level. Point being this story was about muslims and religious beliefs being forced on a community. Again I using a once well known theory of acting in foreign lands:
    When in Rome do as the Romans

6. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    No muslim beliefs were being forced on this town, they made a pre-emptive and unnecessary set of rules that apply to nobody in the town... using cultural stereotypes that DO take place in some countries, yes, but not things that are actually Islamic... do Muslims in Toronto do these things? Don't we have laws that already state those things are illegal?

And nobody arriving in North America, including the white man ever completely respected the original inhabitants way of life... keep in mind the Roman hypocrisy of going to foreign lands and acting like THEY were still in Rome.

7. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Ancient history about the Indians, they truly got the bad end of the deal. Middle Eastern folk arriving here in the Northern Hemisphere should respect our country or get out! Need to take a trip to Detroit and get a birdseye view how things are going? I personally have no issue with there religious views as long as they keep it to themselves and don't try and change my homeland in the process. Have you ever been to Saudi Arabia? If not you need to make a trip and see again first hand at the way things are done over there. They may deserve to live in our parts but they must respect our land. If they can't it will result in very negative results and everyone will feel it.

8. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    No, I believe your wrong, that was the reason for the action of the town fathers.

It called closing the gate BEFORE the cows get out, and, if you know the rules, then you play by the rules, seems simple enough.

I'm sure there is a point in this statement, it just escapes me.:confused:

Yes, constantly.

Not sure, but they sure have them NOW, and they are crystal clear, wouldn't you agree?

Now, THAT is a lame statement. Kinda follow the leader kind of thing. So if everybody has been committing suicide in the town, then it's OK for new comers to KEEP committing suicide?

Besides, pre-emptive would insure against someone NOT respecting your customs, and laws, wouldn't you agree?

Which is what the Muslim's do, which is wrong, and that was the reason for the city fathers to take the action they did.:eusa_think:

9. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    ~Okay - I didn't realise ALL Muslims did that, seems like an exhaustive research project, recording the actions of almost a billion people. Kudos, unless you were stereotyping...

10. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Also, the cultural practices of honor killings, acid throwing, etc have moro to do with the COUNTRY, or REGION involved, than Islam... that is what I meant. Much like the culture of christian nations differs, so does that of muslim nations...