A camera that takes one trillion frames per second.

bobcollum

Rookie
Sep 1, 2011
where I'm located
Incredibly fascinating. :thup:

Ramesh Raskar presents femto-photography, a new type of imaging so fast it visualizes the world one trillion frames per second, so detailed it shows light itself in motion. This technology may someday be used to build cameras that can look "around" corners or see inside the body without X-rays.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_9vd4HWlVA]Ramesh Raskar: Imaging at a trillion frames per second - YouTube[/ame]

THAT'S amazing.. Sincere thanks for that.. Fits into my medical imaging and machine vision interests.

Love TED -- should spend a little LESS on USMB and more at TED..

Can you imagine the bill for film and developing? Yikes!

here's some scenes from my Vacation to the Grand Canyon, 90 trillion photos, cost $2 billion to develop

THAT'S amazing.. Sincere thanks for that.. Fits into my medical imaging and machine vision interests.

Love TED -- should spend a little LESS on USMB and more at TED..
What is TED?

A non-profit society dedicated to bringing exceptional research and talent to light. It's MOSTLY science and technology, but some art and humanities as well.

Seminars are given all over the world and all presentations are archived at TED: Ideas worth spreading.

You can spend hours there just cruising thru brilliant ideas and futuristic stuff.
Someone should probably start a TED thread with recommendations.

Some of my favorites are the World Econ lectures by the guy from Finland. He shows these animated graphs that compares development all around the world.

Forum List

Back