A Call For Dirty Campaigning!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Why is it that women are nearly always the ones that call out for such radical ideas? (Wait to you find where she's writing from!) :shocked:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005431

2. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Even with the best intentions, any discussion of kerry's record ends up looking like dirty campaigning. Democrats call Pres. Bush a liar, claim he is stupid, assert he is in league with Bin Laden, that he knew about the attacks on 9-11 before they happened and that he attacked Iraq because Saddam wanted to assasinate Bush Sr. No liberal bats an eye at these ridiculous claims. But whenever a Republican discusses kerry's voting record, accusations of distortions and dirty politics start to fly.

3. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Republicans have a track record of this kind of stuff. Karl Rove is the cherry on top of the sundae.

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Campaigning politicians, in my opinion, will do just about ANYTHING to get elected. Democrat, Republican, liberal or conservative, there isn't much they wont do. Keeps the campaign season interesting though.

5. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Tell me - do you have to expend a lot of effort to be so self-righteous, or is it a natural talent?

Take a look at the tactics of the Clinton campaign. And you have the damn nerve to bitch about Rove when you have that spawn from hell Soros working for the libs.

Please.

6. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not aware of the improprieties and "dirty" nature of Clinton's campaign. I am not saying they didn't exist, I am just unaware.

I really don't know what Soros has done, but to compare him to Bush's official political strategist, Karl Rove, is a stretch...don't you think?

I think the record is pretty clear though. The GOP is the king of dirty tricks and dirty campaigning. I think you are in a serious case of denial to argue otherwise.

7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I fail to understand why talking about your opponent's voting record or stance on the issues is supposed to be bad or 'negative.' Shouldn't a candidate be able to draw a distinction between his stance and his opponent's stance?

8. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose if he thinks his stance is average or below average he can compare and contrast it with his opponent. I think an incumbent President should have a long list of all the positive things he has done in four years to enumerate. His record alone, if it is good enough, should carry the day.

9. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Why won't you just admit you ignore anything that does not support your position?

10. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    He does and it will.