A bug totem?

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
I posted a pic 2 days ago (I think it was 2 days) about a stick bug I found on my back door frame:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2z7onsw.jpg

I dont remember what thread I posted the pic in, but I thought it was kinda cool so I took the pic and posted it. Now keep in mind that I had a really good look at this particular stick bug and it had an owie on its butt that I dabbed some neosporin on before I put it on a branch....so I knew the unique marks on it.
Well..just now, Im kinda staring off into space when I notice something hanging from my asian painting over my bed. So I say to mysef...WTF?...and I go see what it is. Its another stick bug. But...as I hold out my finger and it crawls on...Im agog that its the SAME stick bug. Now, I put it in a tree in the middle of my yard. About 50 feet from the house, in the tree. So whats it doing in my bedroom hanging on a picture over my bed??? So I pet it awhile and its hanging on to my finger as I watch Celeb Apprentice while I wait for a commercial so I can AGAIN take it outside and put it back in a tree. Which gets me thinking. Is there a message here? The SAME bug? And it took 2 days to get from the tree to my room. Have you ever seen a stick bug walk? VERY...SLOWLY. And how did it find MY room of all the rooms in this house?

Now Im wondering what the message is. So I go hunt it up on google and discover the following (bold is mine) :

Ted Andrews: Animal-Wise:

Stick Bug (Walking-stick)
Keynote: Activity beneath the surface.

The stick bug is also known as the Walking-stick. There are about 2,000 species, and some are the world's longest insects, reaching lengths of 14 inches. Their bodies are so thin and sticklike that they are almost impossible to see as they rest in bushes and trees. Their appearance always indicates that there is activity around us beneath the surface that we may or may not be aware of. If we remain still, making no movement or commitment, the proper course of action will make itself known.

The appearance of the stick bug is a reminder to be patient. We should continue what we have been doing, quietly camouflaging our endeavors. The stick bug indicates results are coming, but we must allow them to come in their own time. When we do, we will be in a better position to grab them and use them for our benefit.

The stick bug reminds us to focus on our own activities and ourselves. It is also an indication that meditation and prayer will bring much greater results and benefits now. There is something in the offing, but we must be able to recognize it. This is where personal stillness--meditative and altered states of quietness--come into play. There may even be signals of what is ocming through the dream state.

Stick bugs are experts at camouflage. They hold still, keeping their legs and bodies in a position to resemble twigs. Their appearance is always a reminder to camouflage our intentions and our activities. We should keep them hidden beneath the surface. Most do their feeding at night, using the dark to further cloak their presence. Stick bugs also remain motionless around large animals, including humans, and are very difficult to detect. They remind us that for the greatest success in laying a strong foundation for our endeavors, we should use camouflage. We should not let others know of our activities. Present the appearnace that nothing is happening, but prepare quietly and thoroughly for what we seek to accomplish and we will find ultimate success.

The appetites of stickbugs are great, and if their numbers are abundant enough, they can deflliate trees and bushes, especially oak trees. (The significance of oak trees should be studied by anyone for whom the stick bug appears.) Because of its appetite, when stick bug appears, our appetites may be getting out of hand and may be becoming too public. We may be letting the wrong people know of our goals and endeavors. Stick bugs can also warn of being too open and too trusting. An old adage speak of strength through silence. Now is not a good time to let others know of your plans. Others may be undermining them or trying to steal them for themselves.

Sometimes the stick bug may indicate that we are holding our ideas too close to the chest. We may be thinking about them, making plans, but never acting upon them. We may be too distrustful and may need to open up to someone a little.

Are we discontent wiht what we are accomplishing?
Are we letting others know about and use our plans?
ARe we being too impatient, trying to rush the success before the proper protection and foundation has been set?
Are we not trusting in our own inner voice relying solely on others?

Im still gobsmacked that its the SAME bug. And how it got from point A to point B and knew exactly where I was and that I would find it. How could I not, with it hanging on my painting over my bed no more than 45 minutes ago. (Its now back outside on a branch).

Mr. (or Mrs) Stickbug? Message received.

Last edited:
  • Banned
More interpretations I just found via google:

These are insects in plant-disguise, animals with the appearance of a plant. Analogically you are a spiritual presence in human disguise, a species belonging to one of nature's realms but with the looks of another. you have the ability to go unnoticed, or, to move from one realm to the other.
As a totem these animals can teach you how to go about your own things without being hindered by the opinions of the outside world. An invitation to search inside for who you really are, and what talents you may have to develop.

Female warrior energy, strategy, time manipulation, stillness.

Stick Insect ! Walking Stick! Stick Bug’s Wisdom Includes:
Being Patient
Focusing on Your Own Activities
Hiding in Plain Sight
Blending In
Being Out of the Ordinary
Being Accepted for What You Are

Last edited:
bugcrucifix.jpg

The government has started a new program where they have implanted microphones into the body cavities of certain bugs and use them to listen in to the conversations of questionable persons here in the US. You are being watched by Big Brother.

• Banned
lol. Funny pics!!! Love the lady bug and especially the worshipped bug squashed on the shoe. LOL!!!

But at the same time...Im feeling mighty lonely right now. So many members here, and none are interested in this part of what interests me. Sniff.

lol. Funny pics!!! Love the lady bug and especially the worshipped bug squashed on the shoe. LOL!!!

But at the same time...Im feeling mighty lonely right now. So many members here, and none are interested in this part of what interests me. Sniff.

Funny stuff....

Forum List

Back