A Brokered Convention?

4 years ago they were having this same discussion about the Repubs...

Seems like Sanders was running away with this thing. Ironically, he is probably the easiest to beat. None have a chance though.

Could any hand-picked Democrat beat Trump? Could the party survive it?

Realistically who might be anointed? One of the current crop? Someone not now in the picture?

A 'brokered convention' designed to block Bernie Sanders would be a poison pill | Nathan Robinson

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ur-hats-democratic-race-could-get-very-messy/
boox7.jpg

Realistically who might be anointed? One of the current crop? Someone not now in the picture?

A 'brokered convention' designed to block Bernie Sanders would be a poison pill | Nathan Robinson

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ur-hats-democratic-race-could-get-very-messy/

4 years ago they were having this same discussion about the Repubs...

boox7.jpg

Would they survive?

It is the only way they can survive-)

CONSIDER----------------> Both sides of the aisle can agree on this point of fact...….BERNARD can not, and will NOT moderate his position.

Why?

Because you have 3 years of Trump as a politician, you have 25 years of BERNARD all over youtube telling you EXACTLY what he wants/is going to do. He can NOT moderate his position, as he would be laughed off the stage. Would anyone believe after 25 years of the same diatribe, he would suddenly moderate in the last 6 months? Americans are forgetful, but when presented with the facts, they are not STUPID!

The ONLY question in the DNC primaries is-------------> can BERNARD garner enough delegates, to force himself on the DNC! And if he can NOT; and in fact nobody can win the nomination on the 1st ballot, who will the DNC turn to as a HEALING candidate, with a BERNARD apostle to keep the Bernie Bro's on board.

Remember all----------->if it is a brokered convention, the person winning the nomination does NOT have to be on that debate stage. It can be ANYONE!

Once you come to that realization, and if BERNARD can not win on the 1st ballot and is iced, you are going to see the presumed most powerful Democrat in the country at the top of that ticket, with a Bernie person as VP to keep his supporters on board.

Who is that DNC person? I think it is Kerry, but others say no. One thing is for sure----------->if not DOOMBERG, his money is going to help finance this, so his opinion is going to be huge. Therefore, it is easy to see that if they need DOOMBERG money, it will not be anyone on that stage besides DOOMBERG! If polls say he can NOT win and the BRO's won't vote for him, it will be the most powerful moderate, with a BERNARD acolyte as VP! Think Warren!

Wont be a brokered convention. If Bernie will make or break this on Tuesday and if he does then he is going to run away with it the same way Trump did.

If the Dems really want to get rid of Sanders all that they have to do is tell Hillary that he is going to testify against her.

Wont be a brokered convention. If Bernie will make or break this on Tuesday and if he does then he is going to run away with it the same way Trump did.

Bernie can win to a certain point. That point is Bloomberg's $60b.
The 771 super-delegates could steer only 16% of votes to any candidate.

Superdelegate Rule Changes for the 2020 Democratic Nomination
So Bernie or Bloomberg would need 1,991 votes to win on the 1st ballot and 2,376 to win on subsequent ballots when super-delegates vote.

I hope Bernie gets his 1991 delegates on the 1st ballot, or else it will Bloomberg v Trump.

Bernie can win to a certain point. That point is Bloomberg's $60b.
The 771 super-delegates could steer only 16% of votes to any candidate.

Superdelegate Rule Changes for the 2020 Democratic Nomination
So Bernie or Bloomberg would need 1,991 votes to win on the 1st ballot and 2,376 to win on subsequent ballots when super-delegates vote.

I hope Bernie gets his 1991 delegates on the 1st ballot, or else it will Bloomberg v Trump.
I think you overestimate the effect Bloombergs spending is going to do. It is only going to get him so far and the woke left is to powerful in the party right now for Bloomberg to break out IMHO.

The entire field is running on eating the rich. I don't see the democrats electing a billionaire.

Just a buncha nonsense. Every four years you guys hope we will have one, it never happens.
Don't be silly, Creepy … I don't give a flying rat's ass what you losers do. I just report the facts and you just whine a lot:

Democratic Leaders Willing to Risk Party Damage to Stop Bernie Sanders

Just a buncha nonsense. Every four years you guys hope we will have one, it never happens.
Don't be silly, Creepy … I don't give a flying rat's ass what you losers do. I just report the facts and you just whine a lot:

Democratic Leaders Willing to Risk Party Damage to Stop Bernie Sanders
Riiiiiiight.

Forum List

Back