A brilliant Idea

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
I wish I could take credit for it but no, someone phoning into c-span said. "treat the illegals that come into the ER. Add up all the money they cost us in treatment, and other social entitlements and then deduct that much from the country of origins foreign aid money."

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

How about eliminate paying for benefits for illegals, AND eliminating foreign aid until our own governmental financial situation is in the black? No use handing out money for other countries to spend when we put ourselves in more of a bad situation

I wish I could take credit for it but no, someone phoning into c-span said. "treat the illegals that come into the ER. Add up all the money they cost us in treatment, and other social entitlements and then deduct that much from the country of origins foreign aid money."

That means that hospitals would have to be reimbursed for their services for these illegals by the government, rather than just writing it off as free care (which is likely most of the cost). Otherwise, the federal government would be saving money in foreign aid at the expense of the hospitals.

That means that hospitals would have to be reimbursed for their services for these illegals by the government, rather than just writing it off as free care (which is likely most of the cost). Otherwise, the federal government would be saving money in foreign aid at the expense of the hospitals.

huh?

huh?

What I'm saying is that hospitals would have to be reimbursed for their services for these illegals by the government, rather than just writing it off as free care (which is likely most of the cost). Otherwise, the federal government would be saving money in foreign aid at the expense of the hospitals.

huh?

What I'm saying is that hospitals would have to be reimbursed for their services for these illegals by the government, rather than just writing it off as free care (which is likely most of the cost). Otherwise, the federal government would be saving money in foreign aid at the expense of the hospitals.

as I understand it the hopitals get reimursed for unisured care by charging the insured excessive fees. Secondly, I have no problem with the hospital getting reimbursed from money that would ordinarily go to foreign aid. I think it's a brilliant plan. So the hospital loses nothing either way.

as I understand it the hopitals get reimursed for unisured care by charging the insured excessive fees. Secondly, I have no problem with the hospital getting reimbursed from money that would ordinarily go to foreign aid. I think it's a brilliant plan. So the hospital loses nothing either way.

there you go.

"It has become fashionable in certain right-wing circles to avoid embarrassment over the fact that the U.S. devotes a smaller portion of its gross domestic product to foreign aid than any other rich country by intoning pompously that throwing money at the problems of poverty or healthcare in the developing world doesn't work. So why bother? Lately, the leading exponent of such a view has been William Easterly, author of "White Man's Burden," who has been adopted as a kind of standard bearer by those who simply can't tolerate being made to feel guilty by Jeffrey Sachs, author of "The End of Poverty." "

Boston Review — banerjee.php

if you ( american) go to e r without ins. they can't treat you. they want to send you elsewhere. why don't they alert authorities when illegal come in for treatment. then send them back to mexico for treatment.

So much of what illegals cost this country would be solved by not letting them enter in the first place! Such a simple solution. I want to know what Mexico gives back to this country for all that this country does for them??? Cheap labor? Nah, not nearly enough to pay for all the perks these people get from the people who pay the most taxes.

"It has become fashionable in certain right-wing circles to avoid embarrassment over the fact that the U.S. devotes a smaller portion of its gross domestic product to foreign aid than any other rich country by intoning pompously that throwing money at the problems of poverty or healthcare in the developing world doesn't work. So why bother? Lately, the leading exponent of such a view has been William Easterly, author of "White Man's Burden," who has been adopted as a kind of standard bearer by those who simply can't tolerate being made to feel guilty by Jeffrey Sachs, author of "The End of Poverty." "

Boston Review — banerjee.php

I love the "portion of GDP" stat. Fact is we give way more than any other nation in dollars, and thats just the government. We give far more via charity, which is where it should come from. Taxes should not be used for charity purposes, citizens themselves are fully capable of giving to whatever charities they want.

Forum List

Back