A Brief Presentation of White Privilege

Racist policies? Then why do Asians and Jews earn more? Why do Hindus earn the same?

If you took some time to click through links I provided and to think about the history of the specific policies mentioned then you might be able to provide your own answers to some of these questions. That is, I talked about the systematic impoverishment of African Americans over literally 100+ years. Other groups have also faced discrimination in America, but there are important differences in scope and intensity that you need to look at in more detail if you want to actually understand the issue, rather than just wanting to justify your preconceptions. With regard to Asian (and Indian) immigrants, part of the answer to you question is that they are more recent immigrants who were of higher socio-economic status before they came to the US.

See for example Pew Research:

"These milestones of economic success and social assimilation have come to a group that is still majority immigrant. Nearly three-quarters (74%) of Asian-American adults were born abroad; of these, about half say they speak English very well and half say they don’t.

Compared with the educational attainment of the population in their country of origin, recent Asian immigrants also stand out as a select group. For example, about 27% of adults ages 25 to 64 in South Korea and 25% in Japan have a bachelor’s degree or more.2 In contrast, nearly 70% of comparably aged recent immigrants from these two countries have at least a bachelor’s degree."
Or the Migration Policy Institute:

"Using data from the U.S. Census Bureau (the most recent 2014 American Community Survey [ACS] and pooled 2009-13 ACS data), the Department of Homeland Security’s Yearbook of Immigration Statistics, and the World Bank's annual remittance data, this Spotlight provides information on the Asian immigrant population in the United States, focusing on its size, geographic distribution, and socioeconomic characteristics....

Asian immigrants have significantly higher incomes than the total foreign- and U.S.-born populations. In 2014, the median income of households headed by an Asian immigrant was $70,000, compared to $49,000 and $55,000 for overall immigrant and native-born households, respectively. Households headed by Indian ($105,000), Taiwanese ($91,000), Filipino ($82,000), and Malaysian ($80,000) immigrants had the highest median income among all Asian immigrant groups, while Saudi ($22,000), Iraqi ($27,000), and Burmese ($38,000) households had the lowest median incomes."
None of this is contradictory to the argument I'm making, which to sum up is that a long history of explicitly racist anti-black policy and discrimination, combined with the effects of segregation, have uniquely led to the the wealth and income disparities between whites and blacks in the US. This disparity, reinforced through the criminal justice system, creates a vicious cycle which is both self-sustaining and also contributes to racist beliefs. None of this applies in the same way to recent Asian immigrants, nor exactly to most American Jews.

Are you arguing for white privlege or black disadvantage? Pick one.

I'm arguing with the claims you made. We could talk about the "white privilege" concept, but I doubt it's possible to come to a useful understanding of that concept in the absence of some grasp of the facts about racial inequality, so that seems like a better place to begin in any case.

Racist policies? Then why do Asians and Jews earn more? Why do Hindus earn the same?

If you took some time to click through links I provided and to think about the history of the specific policies mentioned then you might be able to provide your own answers to some of these questions. That is, I talked about the systematic impoverishment of African Americans over literally 100+ years. Other groups have also faced discrimination in America, but there are important differences in scope and intensity that you need to look at in more detail if you want to actually understand the issue, rather than just wanting to justify your preconceptions. With regard to Asian (and Indian) immigrants, part of the answer to you question is that they are more recent immigrants who were of higher socio-economic status before they came to the US.

"These milestones of economic success and social assimilation have come to a group that is still majority immigrant. Nearly three-quarters (74%) of Asian-American adults were born abroad; of these, about half say they speak English very well and half say they don’t.

Compared with the educational attainment of the population in their country of origin, recent Asian immigrants also stand out as a select group. For example, about 27% of adults ages 25 to 64 in South Korea and 25% in Japan have a bachelor’s degree or more.2 In contrast, nearly 70% of comparably aged recent immigrants from these two countries have at least a bachelor’s degree."

"Using data from the U.S. Census Bureau (the most recent 2014 American Community Survey [ACS] and pooled 2009-13 ACS data), the Department of Homeland Security’s Yearbook of Immigration Statistics, and the World Bank's annual remittance data, this Spotlight provides information on the Asian immigrant population in the United States, focusing on its size, geographic distribution, and socioeconomic characteristics....

Asian immigrants have significantly higher incomes than the total foreign- and U.S.-born populations. In 2014, the median income of households headed by an Asian immigrant was $70,000, compared to $49,000 and $55,000 for overall immigrant and native-born households, respectively. Households headed by Indian ($105,000), Taiwanese ($91,000), Filipino ($82,000), and Malaysian ($80,000) immigrants had the highest median income among all Asian immigrant groups, while Saudi ($22,000), Iraqi ($27,000), and Burmese ($38,000) households had the lowest median incomes."
None of this is contradictory to the argument I'm making, which to sum up is that a long history of explicitly racist anti-black policy and discrimination, combined with the effects of segregation, have uniquely led to the the wealth and income disparities between whites and blacks in the US. This disparity, reinforced through the criminal justice system, creates a vicious cycle which is both self-sustaining and also contributes to racist beliefs. None of this applies in the same way to recent Asian immigrants, nor exactly to most American Jews.

I'm arguing with the claims you made. We could talk about the "white privilege" concept, but I doubt it's possible to come to a useful understanding of that concept in the absence of some grasp of the facts about racial inequality, so that seems like a better place to begin in any case.

So, you're making an argument for "Inherent class" based on genetic ability?

I mean, Asians who are educated there, come here, and do well?????????

Well, explain how that proves you guys, rather than us?

I understand white privilege to exist in tandem with whites making up the majority of the population. The closer the ratio of whites to POC gets the less privilege for whites. Flip through television channels forty years ago and how many POC would you see compared to white people? When I was young I had tons of barbie dolls and only one of them was black. That may be bc my parents bought me dolls that looked like me but then why buy a black doll at all? I played with her the same as the others. Nowadays our culture more reflects the population and there are more POC than before, but it’s a slow process. There are more white men at the “top” than black men but slowly POC are coming in and taking places that only whites filled before. Add to this the era of Jim Crow ended only 50 years ago...

To me privilege has very little to do with wealth and success and much to do with culture reflecting the population. It is something that’s hard to see when you benefit from it. I used to take offense to the idea of white privilege too, and though it’s sometimes used as an insult it shouldn’t be. From my POV it’s just the nature of things.
Actually, non-whites(specifically black people, but increasingly Hispanics too) are already over-represented in all mediums.

Jim Crow is back in America, and it is against whites in Democrat states.

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilege

This brother get's it.

Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.

Thanks.

Considering the fact that the idiot who posted that video is a racist piece of shit, that tells you all you need to know about Tim "Wise".

White privilege is a disgusting lie designed to completely disenfranchise and self-neuter a global minority to create the environment for a reverse manifest destiny and steal Europe from its indigenous population.

Tim Wise apparently identifies as Jewish.

I made a thread that supports there might be more of a Jewish privilege.

Is it Jewish privilege, or White privilege?

He is half Jew half white.

He is a piece of shit who is scared to debate me.

White Polish Catholics are the most oppressed by the U.S.A for some time now. End of frigging story.
It's no longer the 1860's when Blacks were enslaved.

Like Blacks in Northern states, because of our Catholic origins we were sometimes denied housing, or jobs.

The U.S.A promoted the Soviet takeover of Poland in Tehran, Yalta, and Potsdam conferences which killed Poles, oppressed Poles, and starved Poles etc.

The U.S.A has the dumb Polak joke, which wouldn't be accepted against any minority like Blacks, Jews, Gays, Hispanics, or Asians etc.

The U.S.A has a ton of News-Media blaming Poland for the Holocaust, even though millions of Polish Catholics died against Nazis, and the first victims of Auschwitz were Polish Catholics.

Yet, the U.S.A News-Media wouldn't dare blame Blacks for slavery, be it Black slavers in Africa, or Blacks slavers in America like Anthony Johnson.

Now the U.S.A government even is pushing a law to have Poland give Jews monetary compensations.

Last edited:
I understand white privilege to exist in tandem with whites making up the majority of the population. The closer the ratio of whites to POC gets the less privilege for whites. Flip through television channels forty years ago and how many POC would you see compared to white people? When I was young I had tons of barbie dolls and only one of them was black. That may be bc my parents bought me dolls that looked like me but then why buy a black doll at all? I played with her the same as the others. Nowadays our culture more reflects the population and there are more POC than before, but it’s a slow process. There are more white men at the “top” than black men but slowly POC are coming in and taking places that only whites filled before. Add to this the era of Jim Crow ended only 50 years ago...

To me privilege has very little to do with wealth and success and much to do with culture reflecting the population. It is something that’s hard to see when you benefit from it. I used to take offense to the idea of white privilege too, and though it’s sometimes used as an insult it shouldn’t be. From my POV it’s just the nature of things.
Actually, non-whites(specifically black people, but increasingly Hispanics too) are already over-represented in all mediums.

Jim Crow is back in America, and it is against whites in Democrat states.

Examples for these claims?

What race are you?

More racist bullshit from one of the resident racists. The police are a hammer and anyone who attracts their attention is a nail when the kids learn that you'll have to find something else to bitch about.

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilege

This brother get's it.

Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.

Thanks.

Considering the fact that the idiot who posted that video is a racist piece of shit, that tells you all you need to know about Tim "Wise".

White privilege is a disgusting lie designed to completely disenfranchise and self-neuter a global minority to create the environment for a reverse manifest destiny and steal Europe from its indigenous population.

Tim Wise apparently identifies as Jewish.

I made a thread that supports there might be more of a Jewish privilege.

Is it Jewish privilege, or White privilege?

He is half Jew half white.

He is a piece of shit who is scared to debate me.

Tim Wise is in a better financial shape than most Whites or Jews because of White privilege.
In that he makes a ton of money off of books & lectures about White privilege.

Meanwhile prob the biggest group following him are self hating Whites who put Blacks on a pedastal.

Which actually makes Tim Wise a bull sh1t artist swindler.

Is there Asian privilege? They earn more than whites.

Ask a Asian about that. Because they don't like how whites try using them for racial mascots. The take your jew with neo nazi beliefs butt to that white person who coined the term and described what white privilege actually is so you can learn that what a person makes has not a damn thing to do with this.

More racist bullshit from one of the resident racists. The police are a hammer and anyone who attracts their attention is a nail when the kids learn that you'll have to find something else to bitch about.

You are one of the resident racists.

Ask a Asian about that. Because they don't like how whites try using them for racial mascots. The take your jew with neo nazi beliefs butt to that white person who coined the term and described what white privilege actually is so you can learn that what a person makes has not a damn thing to do with this.

Grady.PNG

Remember our little chat about whining? Now go get a job. Seriously, they're not that bad and you might not have such low self-esteem.

Both sides make valid points. Historically and generically whites have bennifited from and advanced from a discriminatory system. I think that is an important point to recognize.

On the other side we have to look at how we interpret and discuss this history and be sure not to play the victim card too hard. Values, hard work, and perseverance should still be taught and promoted. Some of the avanues I see these discussions go down can be counter productive as the stir up resentment and give excuses for mediocrity and lack luster efforts. That’s the last thing we need

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

There is no such thing as white privilege. It’s a phony, discriminatory concept that far left loons like you subscribe to in order to justify your own mediocrity and failures of your rotting subculture

I laugh at this because your stupid ass doesn't seem to get that the person who described his and created the term is white. So what we see here is a mediocre mind, unable to think, repeating some dumb shit he gets told by whites due to the fact you are Asian and knows that if you kiss up to whites you hope to gain acceptability. But go against one of these white people and they show you what they think your place is,. I've read them do it to you. And still you kiss their butts.. You are part of a loser subculture which is truly what is rotting this nation.

Remember our little chat about whining? Now go get a job. Seriously, they're not that bad and you might not have such low self-esteem.

Well since I did that for 43 years, I don't need to listen to a dumb ass loser who was given everything by the government.

Well since I did that for 43 years, I don't need to listen to a dumb ass loser who was given everything by the government.
I'm white, Never got free stuff. That's fo poo black folk.

Forum List

Back