A Brief Presentation of White Privilege

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilege

This brother get's it.

Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.

Thanks.

1. This guy is talking jibberish. Whites with 1/4 the income of blacks, are better off then those higher income blacks ? Is there a doctor in the house ? I mean really.

2. 2004 DOJ "study" ? That would be George W. Bush's DOJ. A confirmed illegal alien ass-kisser RINO, hardly different than Obama, in many ways.

3. Whites continually discriminated against by racial Affirmative Action, are better off then the black beneficiaries of the discrimination ? Hurry doctor.

Strike 1……...Strike 2...…...Strike 3.

. And just FYI death is not the lawful punishment for mouthing off to the police, disrespecting them, fleeing from them, not obeying their orders, etc.
Actually, death by shooting IS the lawful punishment for not obeying the police order to "keep you hands visible". It is taught in all police academies, that when a suspect is confronted, and he violates this command, allowing his hands to disappear from the cops's view, he must be shot instantly.

Sadly, gun-ignorant, police ignorant liberals running our schools, don't educate kids about this, and consequently many of them die as a result.

I never doubted those scenarios happen. It is wrong. If it is a first time offender it is understandable to be upset. As far as defending other blacks, oj simpson, michael ferguson, pretty much any black found guilty of a crime, if a white is found guilty he deserves punishment. Also, multiple offenders deserve harsher punishments, i dont care what their race is. All those saying oj and michael were innocent would think differently if they were white offenders, but i wouldnt
My focus was on racial discrimination against African Americans in general, which would include the criminal justice system, but that's just a small but significant part, while your main focus seems to be on African Americans as criminals.

According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 2,220,300 adults were incarcerated in US federal and state prisons, and county jails in 2013 – about 0.91% of adults (1 in 110) in the U.S. resident population. Additionally, 4,751,400 adults in 2013 (1 in 51) were on probation or on parole.
Even if every single one of the individuals who are currently incarated were black, it still wouldn't be anywhere close to "all black people" or even "most black people" yet due to racial bias and discrimination ALL black people are painted with the same broad brush as those who are actual criminals. And just FYI death is not the lawful punishment for mouthing off to the police, disrespecting them, fleeing from them, not obeying their orders, etc.

I can't believe you even brough up OJ Simpson and then put him in the same category with Michael Brown.
Both were criminals. No, death is a punishment for those causing harm or with intent. I never said nor implied all or most anything. I was stating that it seems that anytime a black is stopped or involved in altercations with cops blacks blame it on discrimination, as if they can do no wrong. I do agree that there are bad cops, but i dont believe they are the majority, but should be fired when there is injustice. Look at many black posters painting all whites with that broad brush, many times we see YOU WHITES. I do not see all blacks or even most as bad, i dont know all or most.

You obviously haven’t read my posts because I shut down idiots like PTWB every chance I get and I ask everybody probing questions so I can gain a better understanding of how they think. I ask it of blacks, whites, reds and yellows, I dont care who I’m talking to or what the subject.

So as a white guy who is also a coach that works with children how am I supposed to use the white privilege argument with the kids in a productive way? I’m not seeing how teaching the white kids that they have an advantage or teaching the minorities that they are disadvantaged is a helpful thing. I teach all kids to do their best, work hard, show respect, have character, integrity and pride in who they are how they carry themselves.

While I do understand the historical reality of “white privilege” I can only understand its practicality in an intellectual level. If you feel it has practical application and is an important thing to teach and promote then I’m curious what your message is, who you want it delivered to, and what your goal is??

I’m a white guy who despises racists so here is you opportunity to explain to me how I can make a difference.
I've observed your posts and I agree with your sentiment.

To answer the white privilege question you posed, I'd simply say this...

If you believe it's a real thing, then you understand that it is wrong, and as such should be done away with. Paramount to doing away with a pervasive problem is to be AWARE of the problem. Hence it would be productive to teach your youth, of all stripes, about the pervasive nature and damaging nature of white privilege, the purpose is to stomp it out.

The youth are one of the best places to start.

Agree?
Yes I agree and thank you for reading my posts with an open mind. I do hear white privelege explained in many different ways so I am curious about your thoughts about the right message to teach our youth in regards to privilege. Both for white children and for black children.

I never doubted those scenarios happen. It is wrong. If it is a first time offender it is understandable to be upset. As far as defending other blacks, oj simpson, michael ferguson, pretty much any black found guilty of a crime, if a white is found guilty he deserves punishment. Also, multiple offenders deserve harsher punishments, i dont care what their race is. All those saying oj and michael were innocent would think differently if they were white offenders, but i wouldnt
My focus was on racial discrimination against African Americans in general, which would include the criminal justice system, but that's just a small but significant part, while your main focus seems to be on African Americans as criminals.

According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 2,220,300 adults were incarcerated in US federal and state prisons, and county jails in 2013 – about 0.91% of adults (1 in 110) in the U.S. resident population. Additionally, 4,751,400 adults in 2013 (1 in 51) were on probation or on parole.
Even if every single one of the individuals who are currently incarated were black, it still wouldn't be anywhere close to "all black people" or even "most black people" yet due to racial bias and discrimination ALL black people are painted with the same broad brush as those who are actual criminals. And just FYI death is not the lawful punishment for mouthing off to the police, disrespecting them, fleeing from them, not obeying their orders, etc.

I can't believe you even brough up OJ Simpson and then put him in the same category with Michael Brown.
Both were criminals. No, death is a punishment for those causing harm or with intent. I never said nor implied all or most anything. I was stating that it seems that anytime a black is stopped or involved in altercations with cops blacks blame it on discrimination, as if they can do no wrong. I do agree that there are bad cops, but i dont believe they are the majority, but should be fired when there is injustice. Look at many black posters painting all whites with that broad brush, many times we see YOU WHITES. I do not see all blacks or even most as bad, i dont know all or most.
Our criminal justice system found OJ not guilty, while Michael Brown was summarily executed by an agent of the state thereby depriving him of the opportunity to stand trial to determine his guilt or not. Death is supposed to be reserved for only the most serious of crimes not to be exercised by individuals who cannot control their tempers or make the distinction between an actual threat and something that just scares them,

I can't speak for the other black posters here but I get the impression that they're generally referring to a specific group of white individuals who make racist/white supremacist comments here on U.S. Message Board.

Our criminal justice system found OJ not guilty, while Michael Brown was summarily executed by an agent of the state thereby depriving him of the opportunity to stand trial to determine his guilt or not. Death is supposed to be reserved for only the most serious of crimes not to be exercised by individuals who cannot control their tempers or make the distinction between an actual threat and something that just scares them,

I can't speak for the other black posters here but I get the impression that they're generally referring to a specific group of white individuals who make racist/white supremacist comments here on U.S. Message Board.
That begs the question... why waste time with the lowest common denominators? Fuck those guys... who gives a shit what racist inbreds think?

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Our criminal justice system found OJ not guilty, while Michael Brown was summarily executed by an agent of the state thereby depriving him of the opportunity to stand trial to determine his guilt or not.

michael brown, barack obama.jpg

Hello. Sadly, my twelve years experience as a uniform cop, robbery and death investigator serving young 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims Shawn "Jay Z" Carter and Christopher "Biggie Smalls" Brooklyn, NY neighborhoods, leads me to sincerely believe 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim, the late Michael Brown, as well as the police officer he attacked, are two of COUNTLESS “EVERYONE(S)” the late popular American urban story-TRUTH-teller and 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Tupac Shakur is speaking about in his (often misinterpreted) #T_H_U_G_L_I_F_E Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment and Maltreatment *AWARENESS-PREVENTION* concept!

"The Hate U Give Little Infants Fvvks *EVERYONE"* ~'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Tupac Shakur

“We need more people who care; you know what I’m saying? We need more women, mothers, fathers, we need more of that…” ~Tupac Shakur

Unfortunately, before he gained the confidence to properly promote his #T_H_U_G_L_I_F_E Child Abuse *AWARENESS* concept, Tupac was brutally murdered by OTHER emotionally or mentally ill victims of America's Culture of African American Child Abuse, Neglect and Emotional Maltreatment evolving from America's multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism.

I write about and share evidence of America’s MUCH IGNORED, oppressive, potentially life scarring black or African American *MATERNAL CHILD CARE* #T_H_U_G_L_I_F_E HEALTH CRISIS that I, as well as a growing number of my reasonably responsible, caring, concerned American and foreign born neighbors believe is impeding our peaceful, responsible American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent from experiencing the equality and respect all peaceful, reasonably responsible Americans are entitled to enjoy.

(*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*)
___
Recently, 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor Oprah Winfrey learned about and shared with her fellow citizens POWERFUL, eye-opening medical knowledge regarding America's easily PREVENTABLE, though potentially life scarring *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS.

Knowledge Oprah exuberantly declares is a "game changer."

Video search terms: "Oprah Winfrey, Fixing The 'Hole In Your Soul'"

_Belinda Pittman-McGee Oprah Winfrey_02.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

. And just FYI death is not the lawful punishment for mouthing off to the police, disrespecting them, fleeing from them, not obeying their orders, etc.
Actually, death by shooting IS the lawful punishment for not obeying the police order to "keep you hands visible". It is taught in all police academies, that when a suspect is confronted, and he violates this command, allowing his hands to disappear from the cops's view, he must be shot instantly.

Sadly, gun-ignorant, police ignorant liberals running our schools, don't educate kids about this, and consequently many of them die as a result.
Killing of black suspects is more than a 'white police problem' - Futurity
Cops arent generally shooting someone because of their race.

well named,

everyone has equal opportunity under the law. I think one of the greatest parts of our country is that everyone has a chance to succeed. If people do not have equal opportunities, it must obviously be addressed. People tend to be vague when answering how exactly opportunity is denied. I'm not a sociologist, so I have no idea how people are being prevented from succeeding.

My previous posts in this thread outline my views on how we effectively deny equal opportunities to many African Americans. There are a fair number of links in my first post to resources by which you can learn about some of the specifics. If you're interested, you could start with some of those. If you want something more in the form of a narrative rather than a collection of studies, I recommend this excellent piece by Ta-Nehisi Coates, which covers a lot of the same ground.

I would urge caution however in using the government as a hammer to enforce 'opportunity.' This goes down the road of ensuring outcome, and that is proven to be a disastrous means of governing.

Sure, I think that we should always evaluate potential policy choices in terms of costs and benefits, and we should recognize that the costs are not always obvious. Laws can have unintended consequences. A good example of this is in the way that "Ban-the-Box" laws probably lead to increased racial discrimination in employment. What researchers found is that -- in the absence of information on whether potential job candidates had a criminal history -- employers will just assume that black candidates probably had criminal convictions. In other words: we default to our prejudices. You can't fix those prejudices just by passing a law. It's a well-intentioned policy idea that fails because it's just trying to put a bandaid over a symptom of the larger issues.

The larger issues, as I've described them, include segregation and massive disparities in wealth and income driven by the long history of racist policy. Segregation, which contributes greatly to the concentration of neighborhood poverty, is again probably an issue that can't fixed purely through public policy. Both segregation and the failure of ban-the-box laws demonstrate the need for cultural change driven by education and consciousness-raising, beyond just policy interventions.

So there are certainly limits to what can be accomplished by law, but I also think the philosophy President Obama outlined in this interview probably makes a lot of sense. He suggests pairing rigorous enforcement of anti-discrimination law with universal policies aimed at addressing income inequality between poor and rich in general. I like this because I think economic inequality in the US in general is a big issue that transcends race, but that if we make progress on that issue we'll also probably make some progress on the economic dimensions of racial inequality.

So do either of you think any of these people should have been shot? Because these individuals didn't just have a gun, they pointed them at the police and others. Why weren't these actions viewed as a threat yet black people fleeing from the police are so much of a threat that they deserve being shot in the back as they're running away and no longer posing, if they ever had, a threat to the officers?
8 White People Who Pointed Guns At Police Officers and Managed Not to Get Killed
White guys get arrested; black guys often get shot in similar cases.
8 White People Who Pointed Guns At Police Officers and Managed Not to Get Killed

So do either of you think any of these people should have been shot? Because these individuals didn't just have a gun, they pointed them at the police and others. Why weren't these actions viewed as a threat yet black people fleeing from the police are so much of a threat that they deserve being shot in the back as they're running away and no longer posing, if they ever had, a threat to the officers?

If someone points or appears to point or have a firearm, the cops have the right to shoot. If anyone approaches a cop in a threatening manner, the cops have the right to shoot. It doesn't matter what race they are.

But then you have this: North Carolina trooper killed during traffic stop

Forum List

Back