A Brief Introduction

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself to all of you, as per the suggestion upon my registration to this Forum. I am, "The Voice" which I felt was a nice moniker for myself as I intend to speak my views upon these threads. Will my views line up and fit nicely with others? Well, I hope in some cases, that I do and in others not. Yet, I will make the promise now, to never personally attack any individual for their views. Will I attack your views? Possibly, and I implore you to do the same to my own views. As that is what good discussion is made up of. Yet I will, and I hope you will as well, make the distinction between "The Individual" and "The View".

That is what I am here for, to discuss a variety of topics that encompass the entire forum. I also hope to create connections within the political sphere that encompasses this Forum, and to develop those connections into whatever they could become.

Within the coming weeks, and months as I graduate from school I hope to become more active on these boards and to become involved within the community.

Thank you all in advance for the time you'll spend welcoming a new soul into your community. I hope this will become a beneficial relationship for all of us.

-The Voice

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself to all of you, as per the suggestion upon my registration to this Forum. I am, "The Voice" which I felt was a nice moniker for myself as I intend to speak my views upon these threads. Will my views line up and fit nicely with others? Well, I hope in some cases, that I do and in others not. Yet, I will make the promise now, to never personally attack any individual for their views. Will I attack your views? Possibly, and I implore you to do the same to my own views. As that is what good discussion is made up of. Yet I will, and I hope you will as well, make the distinction between "The Individual" and "The View".

That is what I am here for, to discuss a variety of topics that encompass the entire forum. I also hope to create connections within the political sphere that encompasses this Forum, and to develop those connections into whatever they could become.

Within the coming weeks, and months as I graduate from school I hope to become more active on these boards and to become involved within the community.

Thank you all in advance for the time you'll spend welcoming a new soul into your community. I hope this will become a beneficial relationship for all of us.

-The Voice

A brief introduction?

A. You are an attorney

B. You are typing this in your underwear

Either way, Welcome (if it is B, close your damn drapes!)

A. You are an attorney

My professors seem to think that is the route I should take in continuing my education, but unless someone wants to foot the Law School bill....I think I will stay in the Private Sector of Business for now.
Get a recommendation in writing from those professors, The Voice. Take it with you to the registrar and request whether there is an unclaimed scholarship available. That happens now and then, you know. The school only gets the funds if there's a warm body in class using the tuition up on knowledge. :) Those written endorsements have paved a path for many an errant student who took a semester off or changed their mind after graduation. Something happens to set a person's soul on fire often when they've been in the real world and see how it is and how much better it would be with a law school credential hanging on the wall of their office. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Get a recommendation in writing from those professors, The Voice. Take it with you to the registrar and request whether there is an unclaimed scholarship available. That happens now and then, you know. The school only gets the funds if there's a warm body in class using the tuition up on knowledge. :) Those written endorsements have paved a path for many an errant student who took a semester off or changed their mind after graduation. Something happens to set a person's soul on fire often when they've been in the real world and see how it is and how much better it would be with a law school credential hanging on the wall of their office. ;)

That is some very good advice, I'll have to keep that in mind as the semester winds down. I have a few opportunities ahead of me as graduation nears, and Law School could be one of them and I'll be sure to keep that advice of yours with that opportunity.

brief
[breef] Show IPA adjective, brief·er, brief·est, noun, verb
adjective
lasting or taking a short time; of short duration: a brief walk; a brief stay in the country.
using few words; concise; succinct: a brief report on weather conditions.
abrupt or curt.
scanty: a brief bathing suit.
noun
a short and concise statement or written item.
an outline, the form of which is determined by set rules, of all the possible arguments and information on one side of a controversy: a debater's brief.
Law.
a.
a writ summoning one to answer to any action.
b.
a memorandum of points of fact or of law for use in conducting a case.
c.
a written argument submitted to a court.
d.
(in England) the material relevant to a case, delivered by a solicitor to the barrister who tries the case.
an outline, summary, or synopsis, as of a book.
briefs, ( used with a plural verb ) close-fitting, legless underpants with an elastic waistband.

ironically, the definition of brief, isn't.

But I hope this helps.

That is some very good advice, I'll have to keep that in mind as the semester winds down. I have a few opportunities ahead of me as graduation nears, and Law School could be one of them and I'll be sure to keep that advice of yours with that opportunity.
It's April. By May professors can be in a dither to finish up the semester to get going on vacation of summer jobs. Get the recommendations asap. I hear the job market sucks for grads right now, too. I'd give anything if it were different. Letters of recommendation from trusted professors can win when the competitive field seems even. Go for the gusto!!!
And, only good wishes. :eusa_whistle:

EGO ero paratus ut lucror.

boys-briefs-fruit-of-the-loom.jpg

Or

615115695_o.jpg

A. You are an attorney

My professors seem to think that is the route I should take in continuing my education, but unless someone wants to foot the Law School bill....I think I will stay in the Private Sector of Business for now.

Welcome...and smart choice. The job prospects for newly minted lawyers are pretty dismal, unless one goes to one of the elite univerisities.

Forum List

Back