A breakdown of who is really paying taxes

We were with-in 163 billion dollars of a balanced budget in 2007.
We were within $163 billion of a balanced budget in 2007 as sure as Clinton left a surplus!

Do you deny the Clinton SURPLUS???????

Clinton had a GOP congress as did GWB in 06 (the birth place of the 07 budget)
GWB had 2 wars to fight that we had no choice in fighting.
ROTFL so according to you invading a random country is a war we had no choice in fighting

:cuckoo: wow Obama really brainwashed a good percentage of this country.

:cuckoo: to think that poor folks pay any kind of tax.(sales don't count, it won't pay for infrastructure or anything ACTUALLY needed in this country)

and :cuckoo: it's nuts to be that jealous of well off people. Yeah it must be nice so why don't ya just get motivated to go get "your own" money. lol

ROTFL i see so according to you poor people dont pay taxes because we should not include taxes that they actually pay as taxes.
God damn you are reaching new levelsof dipshitery

and who ran the house and the senate?
Not one Republican voted for the Clinton tax increase that paid the bills. They don't get to claim they had anything to do with the success of that tax increase.

Nope
welfare reform
budgets
shutting down the federal govt to get those budgets had nothing to do with that surplus
years after Clintons tax increase

Welfare reform caused wasteful spending to skyrocket
Initial Impacts of Welfare Reform on Single-Mother Families -- Press Release 8/22/99
^Welfare reform reduced the poorest people’s income by 1,500 dollars in 2 years.
^
The changes that contributed to the Welfare reform act of 1996 300% increase
In administrative (wasteful) spending include but don’t exclude:
1) A workforce development component.
2) The act gave more autonomy over welfare delivery to the states, decentralizing welfare.
^
Comparing the New (TANF) with the Old (AFDC) - Federal Spending On Afdc And Tanf - Expenditures, Billion, Programs, and Percent
Teens Children and Money - Forms Of Aid To Children - Recipients, Tanf, Families, and Income
^In 1996 12 million Americans were on welfare.
^In 2001 5 million Americans were on welfare.
^In 1996 total welfare spending was 28 billion
^In 2001 total welfare spending was 24 billion
^Welfare benefits were 1,820(2001 dollars) in 1996.
^Welfare benefits were 1,644 in 2001.
^In 1996 6 billion was spent on welfare administration costs or 21.5%
^In 2001 15 billion was spent on welfare administration costs or 62.5%
*************The 1996 welfare reform act:
1) Increased wasteful spending by 300% or 9 billion dollars each year.
2) Welfare recipients saw their benefits fall 176 dollars a year or 9.5%.
3) Total welfare recipients fell by 7 million or 58%.
*************If we repealed the welfare reform act of 1996:
1) This means that we could increase welfare recipients by 100% or 5 million without increasing total costs.
2) We could increase welfare benefits by 9 billion a year without increasing total costs.
^
CHART: On 15th Anniversary Of 'Welfare Reform,' Aid Is Not Getting To Those Who Need It Most | ThinkProgress
^Welfare reform has made it so that only 27% of families in poverty get benefits down from 68 before reform, and 82% in 1979.

Nope
welfare reform
budgets
shutting down the federal govt to get those budgets had nothing to do with that surplus
years after Clintons tax increase
The Clinton tax increase on the wealthy and middle class tax cut paid for the budgets. Without that revenue there would be deficits as far as the eye can see. The proof is once Bush replaced Clinton, the same GOP congress never had another "surplus" again!!!! Tax cuts and deficit spending was what the GOP congress produced without Clinton there to keep them in line.

That little event called 9-11 had something to do with that
In 2008 these same lies won you the election
by 2010 those who did no DD began to when they seen how messed up it really was and how good GWB really was as a president

Mid terms began the healing
Did you see the new gallup poll out today?
Its going ot get allot worse son
And Bush allowed Reagan's "Freedom Fighters" to attack us. Then he turned around and falsified the intel to attack Iraq which had nothing to do with 9/11 just to avenge his father. Yeah tell all the families of the dead in Iraq just how wonderful the lying son of a bitch is!!!

It will only get worse if Rotney gets elected, child.

The Clinton tax increase on the wealthy and middle class tax cut paid for the budgets. Without that revenue there would be deficits as far as the eye can see. The proof is once Bush replaced Clinton, the same GOP congress never had another "surplus" again!!!! Tax cuts and deficit spending was what the GOP congress produced without Clinton there to keep them in line.

by 2010 those who did no DD began to when they seen how messed up it really was and how good GWB really was as a president

And Bush allowed Reagan's "Freedom Fighters" to attack us. Then he turned around and falsified the intel to attack Iraq which had nothing to do with 9/11 just to avenge his father. Yeah tell all the families of the dead in Iraq just how wonderful the lying son of a bitch is!!!

From Hans Blix, UN insoector
Jan 27 2003
Update 27 January 2003

Iraq has declared that it only produced VX on a pilot scale, just a few tonnes and that the quality was poor and the product unstable. Consequently, it was said, that the agent was never weaponised. Iraq said that the small quantity of agent remaining after the Gulf War was unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991.

UNMOVIC, however, has information that conflicts with this account. There are indications that Iraq had worked on the problem of purity and stabilization and that more had been achieved than has been declared. Indeed, even one of the documents provided by Iraq indicates that the purity of the agent, at least in laboratory production, was higher than declared.
There are also indications that the agent was weaponised. In addition, there are questions to be answered concerning the fate of the VX precursor chemicals, which Iraq states were lost during bombing in the Gulf War or were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq.
I would now like to turn to the so-called “Air Force document” that I have discussed with the Council before. This document was originally found by an UNSCOM inspector in a safe in Iraqi Air Force Headquarters in 1998 and taken from her by Iraqi minders. It gives an account of the expenditure of bombs, including chemical bombs, by Iraq in the Iraq-Iran War. I am encouraged by the fact that Iraq has now provided this document to UNMOVIC.
The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for. The discovery of a number of 122 mm chemical rocket warheads in a bunker at a storage depot 170 km southwest of Baghdad was much publicized. This was a relatively new bunker and therefore the rockets must have been moved there in the past few years, at a time when Iraq should not have had such munitions. The investigation of these rockets is still proceeding. Iraq states that they were overlooked from 1991 from a batch of some 2,000 that were stored there during the Gulf War. This could be the case. They could also be the tip of a submerged iceberg. The discovery of a few rockets does not resolve but rather points to the issue of several thousands of chemical rockets that are unaccounted for.
The finding of the rockets shows that Iraq needs to make more effort to ensure that its declaration is currently accurate. During my recent discussions in Baghdad, Iraq declared that it would make new efforts in this regard and had set up a committee of investigation. Since then it has reported that it has found a further 4 chemical rockets at a storage depot in Al Taji.
I might further mention that inspectors have found at another site a laboratory quantity of thiodiglycol, a mustard gas precursor.

I have mentioned the issue of anthrax to the Council on previous occasions and I come back to it as it is an important one.
Iraq has declared that it produced about 8,500 litres of this biological warfare agent, which it states it unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction.
There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared, and that at least some of this was retained after the declared destruction date. It might still exist. Either it should be found and be destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision or else convincing evidence should be produced to show that it was, indeed, destroyed in 1991.

Iraq also declared the recent import of chemicals used in propellants, test instrumentation and, guidance and control systems. These items may well be for proscribed purposes. That is yet to be determined. What is clear is that they were illegally brought into Iraq, that is, Iraq or some company in Iraq, circumvented the restrictions imposed by various resolutions.

Jan 27 2003
Update 27 January 2003

Iraq has declared that it only produced VX on a pilot scale, just a few tonnes and that the quality was poor and the product unstable. Consequently, it was said, that the agent was never weaponised. Iraq said that the small quantity of agent remaining after the Gulf War was unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991.

UNMOVIC, however, has information that conflicts with this account. There are indications that Iraq had worked on the problem of purity and stabilization and that more had been achieved than has been declared. Indeed, even one of the documents provided by Iraq indicates that the purity of the agent, at least in laboratory production, was higher than declared.
There are also indications that the agent was weaponised. In addition, there are questions to be answered concerning the fate of the VX precursor chemicals, which Iraq states were lost during bombing in the Gulf War or were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq.
I would now like to turn to the so-called “Air Force document” that I have discussed with the Council before. This document was originally found by an UNSCOM inspector in a safe in Iraqi Air Force Headquarters in 1998 and taken from her by Iraqi minders. It gives an account of the expenditure of bombs, including chemical bombs, by Iraq in the Iraq-Iran War. I am encouraged by the fact that Iraq has now provided this document to UNMOVIC.
The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for. The discovery of a number of 122 mm chemical rocket warheads in a bunker at a storage depot 170 km southwest of Baghdad was much publicized. This was a relatively new bunker and therefore the rockets must have been moved there in the past few years, at a time when Iraq should not have had such munitions. The investigation of these rockets is still proceeding. Iraq states that they were overlooked from 1991 from a batch of some 2,000 that were stored there during the Gulf War. This could be the case. They could also be the tip of a submerged iceberg. The discovery of a few rockets does not resolve but rather points to the issue of several thousands of chemical rockets that are unaccounted for.
The finding of the rockets shows that Iraq needs to make more effort to ensure that its declaration is currently accurate. During my recent discussions in Baghdad, Iraq declared that it would make new efforts in this regard and had set up a committee of investigation. Since then it has reported that it has found a further 4 chemical rockets at a storage depot in Al Taji.
I might further mention that inspectors have found at another site a laboratory quantity of thiodiglycol, a mustard gas precursor.

I have mentioned the issue of anthrax to the Council on previous occasions and I come back to it as it is an important one.
Iraq has declared that it produced about 8,500 litres of this biological warfare agent, which it states it unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction.
There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared, and that at least some of this was retained after the declared destruction date. It might still exist. Either it should be found and be destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision or else convincing evidence should be produced to show that it was, indeed, destroyed in 1991.

Iraq also declared the recent import of chemicals used in propellants, test instrumentation and, guidance and control systems. These items may well be for proscribed purposes. That is yet to be determined. What is clear is that they were illegally brought into Iraq, that is, Iraq or some company in Iraq, circumvented the restrictions imposed by various resolutions.
No one denies St Ronnie gave his buddy Saddam chemical weapons in the 1980s, but by the time Bush invaded, those that weren't destroyed were so degraded they couldn't kill a flea. And Chem weapons do not produce ConDiLosers Twice's "Mushroom Cloud."

Last edited:
According to statistics compiled from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by the Tax Foundation, those people making above $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, and carried 93.3 percent of the total tax burden.

In contrast, Americans making less than $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 3.5 percent and their total share of the tax burden was just 6.7 percent.

Americans making more than $250,000 had an effective tax rate of 23.4 percent and their total share of the tax burden was 45.7 percent.

Out of the 143 million tax returns that were filed with the IRS in 2010, 58 million – or 41 percent – of those filers were non-payers.

In other words, only 85 million actually paid taxes.
Americans Making Over $50,000 a Year Paid 93.3 Percent of All Taxes in 2010 | CNSNews.com

After the Republicans redistribution of wealth since Reagan, I'm surprised there aren't more destitute.

In contrast, Americans making less than $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 3.5 percent and their total share of the tax burden was just 6.7 percent.

If that's true, then I'm getting screwed. Because, between federal income tax, SS tax, Medicare tax, state income tax, state local tax, and state sales tax, I'm paying MANY TIMES MORE than 3.5% in taxes, and I made less than $50,000 last year.

If that's true, then I'm getting screwed. Because, between federal income tax, SS tax, Medicare tax, state income tax, state local tax, and state sales tax, I'm paying MANY TIMES MORE than 3.5% in taxes, and I made less than $50,000 last year.

JRK is a retard so plz excuses his stupidity

you need to get some dependants
It amazes me the left would call legitimate right-offs for Exxon a subsidy
with us there called dependants

I know the feeling ITM
faimly of 4 pays very little
another item here-in
Pay-roll taxes probably not included, we get those taxes wrote off

According to statistics compiled from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by the Tax Foundation, those people making above $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, and carried 93.3 percent of the total tax burden.

Americans making more than $250,000 had an effective tax rate of 23.4 percent and their total share of the tax burden was 45.7 percent.

Out of the 143 million tax returns that were filed with the IRS in 2010, 58 million – or 41 percent – of those filers were non-payers.

....A "statistic" more-commonly-referred-to as......

....Bull$hit.

6942358140_38bfba0942.jpg

handjob.gif

....A "statistic" more-commonly-referred-to as......

handjob.gif

Your post notes in fine print this has nothing to do with federal income
I thought RR and GWB caused the poor and middle class to pay all these taxes

I also am confused as to how your graph works
Is it saying that if you make 10,000 a year you pay 1740 in state and local taxes? including taxes on your home if you own it?

Lets see in SC I paid about 5% income
18 cents federal on a gallon of gas
46 cents total as an avg per gallon of fuel

I am having trouble believing that one
the thread is clearly about federal income any-way

Jan 27 2003
Update 27 January 2003

No one denies St Ronnie gave his buddy Saddam chemical weapons in the 1980s, but by the time Bush invaded, those that weren't destroyed were so degraded they couldn't kill a flea. And Chem weapons do not produce ConDiLosers Twice's "Mushroom Cloud."

RR has what to do with Saddam becoming a mad-man?
you got proof of the weapons being supplied by RR?
Saddam was to destroy and document/witness
congress told GWB Oct of 02, if he don't use force to enforce the mandate
Blix comes out 12 weeks later and there you have it

What did I read one time; a lunatic is someone who is wrong but can't shut up and can't change the subject? I do like that you can transplant any of his posts out of this thread and insert them in a thread from 3 months ago or 3 months from now though.

What did I read one time; a lunatic is someone who is wrong but can't shut up and can't change the subject? I do like that you can transplant any of his posts out of this thread and insert them in a thread from 3 months ago or 3 months from now though.

I see ZZZ is still using the retard comment as hos best, well its the best he can do I guess

CC this is a message board about politics, we went thru this before. What is it you would like me to talk about?
The truth is simple
Repeating it is repeating the truth

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, ZZZkeeps calling me a retard and God knows what he expects with that
Ignore only works when no-one pays him any attention

CC your the first response he has had in days on the number of active threads I have going.
CC don't lower your reputation to his level, he has become a joke

People the truth is simple
It is at times very boring
My reputation as well as they way I decide who I support in the political theater is based on facts, not spun out spam
Another item. there are some people who have some serious issues with the truth and those who post it in this message board
ZZZ run straight to the head of that class with me in days. If you support Obama and you read a link I provide you do not like, go send the time and do your DD, don not blame me.
When we were talking about invading Iraq Hans Blix I seen as a left leaning check on GWB. thats why I use that speech when that subject comes up, as did GWB

I see ZZZ is still using the retard comment as hos best, well its the best he can do I guess

CC this is a message board about politics, we went thru this before. What is it you would like me to talk about?
The truth is simple

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, ZZZkeeps calling me a retard and God knows what he expects with that

CC your the first response he has had in days on the number of active threads I have going.

If you think WMDs were found in Iraq, you do have mental issues. Sorry
If you think the wars were paid for during Bush's term in office, you have mental issues. Sorry

As for being a joke, you should know, you've been one much longer than most and I will defer to your extensive experience.

The truth is simple

If you think WMDs were found in Iraq, you do have mental issues. Sorry
If you think the wars were paid for during Bush's term in office, you have mental issues. Sorry

As for being a joke, you should know, you've been one much longer than most and I will defer to your extensive experience.

I never said you were a joke, i said your better than ZZZ, dont lower your self to his level just because you both, well I am not sure what ZZZ believes
1) I never claimed there was WMDs found in Iraq in the manner we were led to believe, never. I have linked to the evidence presented to congress in 06 that did state there was munitions found Saddam was suppose to have destroyed and met the term WMD
2) What are saying about the wars? Are you saying they were not paid for or that they were not added to the debt during his 8 years?

I can be smart ass and say the 163 billion dollar deficit we had in 2007 was because of Katrina and no child left behind and the war was funded. But I will admit that 30-40% of the total debt we accumulated under GWB watch was 9-11 related
And how is that his fault?
let me add this

intelligence compiled by American officials, as well as the testimony of known al Qaeda associates, confirms that al Qaeda established a significant presence in Iraq prior to March 2003. The evidence that al Qaeda was in Iraq before the war is simply overwhelming. And it helps to explain why the insurgency became so lethal.
Even though Blair says it “later emerged” that Zarqawi had set up shop in Iraq in 2002, this connection was actually a formal part of the American case for war. Secretary of State Colin Powell included a section on Zarqawi’s network in Iraq in his February 5, 2003, presentation before the United Nations.

Former CIA director George Tenet reveals in his own autobiography, At the Center of the Storm, some of the intelligence that backed up Powell’s presentation. More than one dozen other al Qaeda terrorists had joined Zarqawi in Baghdad. One of them was an Egyptian known as Abu Ayyub al Masri, who had served Osama bin Laden’s deputy, Ayman al Zawahiri, since the 1980s. After Zarqawi was killed in 2006, al Masri took his place as the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq. Al Masri himself was killed earlier this year, and his widow confirmed that they had moved to central Baghdad in 2002.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...36iaBQ&usg=AFQjCNFFvtM__IMaQoMoaSPG4MX2wXrB9A

This was some how turned into GWB had made allegations that Saddam was behind 9-11
He never said that, nor did Blair
That was an event the press made up after GWB made speeches in which he spoke of 9-11, Saddam and OBL in the same speech. Now was he doing that to help make that connection as the press did without him ever actually making that claim?
You be the judge
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vYX8BA&usg=AFQjCNGRjpu_C-jSjfsukH1FrB6_u-FLQw

Americans Making Over $50,000 a Year Paid 93.3 Percent of All Taxes in 2010 | CNSNews.com

The income tax is "all taxes" ? Wow! So I guess I should be getting a refund for the $2,000 I paid in property taxes and the approx $5,000 I've paid in sales taxes, gasoline taxes, and vice taxes this year, right?

Got it!

Forum List

Back