A breakdown of who is really paying taxes

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
According to statistics compiled from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by the Tax Foundation, those people making above $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, and carried 93.3 percent of the total tax burden.

In contrast, Americans making less than $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 3.5 percent and their total share of the tax burden was just 6.7 percent.

Americans making more than $250,000 had an effective tax rate of 23.4 percent and their total share of the tax burden was 45.7 percent.

Out of the 143 million tax returns that were filed with the IRS in 2010, 58 million – or 41 percent – of those filers were non-payers.

In other words, only 85 million actually paid taxes.
Americans Making Over $50,000 a Year Paid 93.3 Percent of All Taxes in 2010 | CNSNews.com

Very deceptive use of language. First off, most married filers file joint returns, yet you use the term "people" to obscure that. Second, and more importantly, you use the term "taxes" instead of "income taxes". Even people making under $50K pay significant taxes. They'd include excise taxes on phone bills, tobacco, alcohol, tires, gasoline, etc..

According to statistics compiled from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by the Tax Foundation, those people making above $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, and carried 93.3 percent of the total tax burden.

In contrast, Americans making less than $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 3.5 percent and their total share of the tax burden was just 6.7 percent.

Americans making more than $250,000 had an effective tax rate of 23.4 percent and their total share of the tax burden was 45.7 percent.

Out of the 143 million tax returns that were filed with the IRS in 2010, 58 million – or 41 percent – of those filers were non-payers.

Americans Making Over $50,000 a Year Paid 93.3 Percent of All Taxes in 2010 | CNSNews.com

As we know, from those of you on the right, payroll taxes are not taxes, so they don't count. And the fact that lower income workers pay the bulk of taxes at the state and local levels doesn't count either. In fact, in your book, that is a good thing, because by God, we don't want the wealthy to have to give up any of their hard earned money. Taxes are only for the poor and downtrodden. Let those poor fucks suck it up. We need to cut taxes on those earning the most because they are just suffering so much. :eusa_boohoo:

Also, any reference to what percentage of the total tax revenues are paid by a particular group of people is meaningless and should be completely disregarded.

Federal income taxes you mean, ya brainwashed ignoramus- take all taxes and fees going to ALL gov't, and the rich and corporations pay the LOWEST percentage. Brilliant Pubcrappe, great if you want a banana republic.

Not a prob.....in DECEMBER!!!!!!

Problem solved!!

:eusa_whistle:

What a crock. Why don't you rw's ever get it right?

And lest we forget, of those 58 million who PAID no taxes, better than half got a refund LARGER than the amount they lent to the government.

Very deceptive use of language. First off, most married filers file joint returns, yet you use the term "people" to obscure that. Second, and more importantly, you use the term "taxes" instead of "income taxes". Even people making under $50K pay significant taxes. They'd include excise taxes on phone bills, tobacco, alcohol, tires, gasoline, etc..

Your kidding right?
I mean when I made 30k a year I wass so worried about my capital gains tax being to much
Those taxes you speak of are paid by all, ever bit of 100.00 a year unless you smoke and drink allot
dont blame me, I did not vote for Obama

listen retard.. it was clear he was talking about FEDERAL INCOME TAX.. and if you're too damn poor to pay taxes you should not be buying tobacco and alcohol,, why should the taxpayers subsidize you're nasty addictions?

listen retard.. it was clear he was talking about FEDERAL INCOME TAX.. and if you're too damn poor to pay taxes you should not be buying tobacco and alcohol,, why should the taxpayers subsidize you're nasty addictions?

Thanks

Again, that is only the taxes on wage earners. Capital gains tycoons can make millions each year and pay nothing on that income. Their cap gains are like an unlimited IRA growing tax free with no early withdrawal penalty. When they do finally cash in their capital assets they get a lower tax rate, but they still are not satisfied. They want their puppets in the GOP to eliminate ALL taxes on cap gains, the greedy fucks!

No one is denying that the common wage earners pay nearly all the taxes, but its not fair that the elitist Capital Gains Tycoons get a free ride.

Last edited:
Also, any reference to what percentage of the total tax revenues are paid by a particular group of people is meaningless and should be completely disregarded.

Can you clarify why this is meaningless?

Also, like someone else said on here, a lot of people who are middle income have a negative effective federal tax rate at the end of the year because they are getting credits. I would be willing to bet these are the same people claiming the rich don't pay their fair share.

Obvious he was talking about Fereral income tax, my ASS. This is how half the country gets DUPED.

Take all taxes and fees going to ALL gov't, and the rich and corporations pay the LOWEST percentage. Brilliant Pubcrappe, great if you want a banana republic.

And lest we forget, of those 58 million who PAID no taxes, better than half got a refund LARGER than the amount they lent to the government.
And you can thank the GOP for that!!!

Bush's tax cuts doubled the number of people who pay no income taxes, and the assholes who bitch the loudest about those 58 million want to make the Bush tax cuts PERMANENT, so they can permanently piss and moan about it!!! :cuckoo:

Again, that is only the taxes on wage earners. Capital gains tycoons can make millions each year and pay nothing on that income. Their cap gains are like an unlimited IRA growing tax free with no early withdrawal penalty. When they do finally cash in their capital assets they get a lower tax rate, but they still are not satisfied. They want their puppets in the GOP to eliminate ALL taxes on cap gains, the greedy fucks!

No one is denying that the common wage earners pay nearly all the taxes, but its not fair that the elitist Capital Gains Tycoons get a free ride.

Do what?
1) its not your money
2) it is not your money
3) it is not your money

Do you libs understand that? do you also understand that taxes are paid on capital gains? do you also understand that most of that wealth has been taxed once?
and before you claim thats not true, I trade stocks with money I earned from my job

Free ride?

Capital gains tax in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JRK earns the welath by working 10 hours a day
Pays taxes on that wealth
JRK puts part of whats left at risk by buying stocks in an American company that will us that wealth to expand there product, to create wealth and jobs for others
JRK makes gains on that wealth he put at risk (sometimes)
JRK pays taxes on that welath that you my friend at no time lifted one finger to help, and now you call me greedy and you want more

THATS NUTS

Do what?
1) its not your money
2) it is not your money
3) it is not your money

Do you libs understand that? do you also understand that taxes are paid on capital gains? do you also understand that most of that wealth has been taxed once?
and before you claim thats not true, I trade stocks with money I earned from my job

Free ride?

JRK puts part of whats left at risk by buying stocks in an American company that will us that wealth to expand there product, to create wealth and jobs for others
JRK pays taxes on that welath that you my friend at no time lifted one finger to help, and now you call me greedy and you want more

THATS NUTS
You obviously never bought or sold a stock in your life or you would know that only the gains over and above what you paid for the stock is taxed, and only when the stock is sold, as I said before. That increase in stock value has never been taxed and is not taxed while it is growing. It is only taxed when "realized" AKA "sold," and then at a special lower rate.

It seems that growing tax free is not enough of a special tax privilege to satisfy the greedy, and neither is a discounted tax rate when the stock is sold, the elitist cap gains tycoons want a completely free ride and they have their GOP puppets working overtime to get them that free ride.

Married people aren't people? When do you leftist fucksticks start making that argument? All we hear is that Buffet's secretary pays a lower income tax rate than Buffet.

I guarantee you... the 1%'rs pay more sales and excise taxes than folks like you who line up at Jackson Hewitt to collect your EIC checks.

:lol:

Last edited:

Do what?
1) its not your money
2) it is not your money
3) it is not your money

Free ride?

THATS NUTS
You obviously never bought or sold a stock in your life or you would know that only the gains over and above what you paid for the stock is taxed, and only when the stock is sold, as I said before. That increase in stock value has never been taxed and is not taxed while it is growing. It is only taxed when "realized" AKA "sold," and then at a special lower rate.

It seems that growing tax free is not enough of a special tax privilege to satisfy the greedy, and neither is a discounted tax rate when the stock is sold, the elitist cap gains tycoons want a completely free ride and they have their GOP puppets working overtime to get them that free ride.

bought and sold close to amillion dollars last year
The wealth I use to trade stocks I got from working, that welath has been taxed once, before I ever used it to buy AAPL

Why in gods name you would make up some BS story like that is beyond me.
At no time have I claimed I have an issue with capital gains tax
At no time have I seen any-one have an issue with a capital gains tax rate that is in line with it being taxed once all ready and the risk/reward portion f that risk as well as the welath it creates for others
The issue we have is with people like you who feel its your place in life to decide for us how much of our wealth you had nothing to do with getting is the federal govts
You have capital gains? you want to pay 35% rate on those gains? have at it
If not keep you nose where it belongs

Capital gains is just that
Capital that is put back to work
Capital that is used to such as in real estate to help the housing market to recover, that creates jobs for people just like me in the construction trade
And you want to punish those people who have never lifted one finger to harm you?

You Libs have lost all touch with reality

Forum List

Back