A Bold Prediction

The GOP is becoming a shattered party as we speak. Mitt is attacking Rudy and Thompson is campaigning like a wet rag and there is no one candidate that the far right feels comfortable with. If Mitt or Rudy secure the election, the Christian right will raise it's own candidate leaving the GOP a shattered party.

Hucklebee is not going to win a primary but he will be the choice of the Christain right. This will split the GOP vote in November and the Democratic candiate will win handily.

Actually Hucklebee doesn't stand a chance. He lets High Risk Sex Offenders our of prison and fights to give Illegals scholarships over American Citizens.

Here is how it's going to play out.........

Hitlery is going to get the Democratic nomination and Giuliani is going to get the Nomination on the Republican side. Ron Paul is going to freak out and throw a temper tantrum and run on the Independant or Libertarian ticket. That will mess up the race for the Republican side and basically hand the keys to the White House over to Hitlery.

Whoops, my mistake. God was a flesh and blood man, now he is living on a planet near the star Kolob.

"God himself was one as we are now, and is an exalted man...I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form...like yourselves in all the person, image, and very form as a man...He was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth." Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 305.

http://www.saintsalive.com/mormonism/christianorcult.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolob

(For the record, I couldn't care less about Romney's religion, I just thought it was an odd thing to say that Mormonism is just like Christianity)

Hmmmmmm.... funny thing about that. If Nixon ran today, he couldn't even get the Dem nod because he was too "liberal". He was an environmentalist (started the EPA), was socially liberal, opened China. If you ask me, I'll also tell you that I think had he not be a paranoid psycho and gotten all caught up in political sabotage, he'd be known as probably one of our greatest presidents ever. So, yes, I think his opinion that Thompson was a cypher is relevant. Besides, having seen Thompson's efforts at debate, I think he's none too sharp.

I think he's more of the same dangerous garbage we've had for the past seven years.

Well then, we disagree. Not on Nixon. On THAT, I agree with you.

Methinks you view Thompson through jaundiced eyes. He's head and shoulders above any of the other candidates running from either party. I haven't watched his debates, nor anyone else's, nor do I intend to. They're a joke as far as I'm concerned.

No, Thompson isn't the polished, dancing chicken most of the rest of the pack is. He says what he thinks and feels. THAT is what puts him ahead of the pack, IMO.

Well then, we disagree. Not on Nixon. On THAT, I agree with you.

Methinks you view Thompson through jaundiced eyes. He's head and shoulders above any of the other candidates running from either party. I haven't watched his debates, nor anyone else's, nor do I intend to. They're a joke as far as I'm concerned.

No, Thompson isn't the polished, dancing chicken most of the rest of the pack is. He says what he thinks and feels. THAT is what puts him ahead of the pack, IMO.

I suppose it depends on what you think head and shoulders above means. To me, it means someone who's intelligent, resourceful, capable of responding to emergencies. More not-too-bright pretend cowboys feeding the corporatists, destroying the Court, and "staying the course" doesn't do it for me. I am tired of the sucking up to the religious right. I want a moderate, thoughtful govenment, not extremist religious fanatics or rabid neo-cons. I want intelligent, thoughtful foreign policy that builds on what we have, doesn't encourage outsourcing our future, gets a handle on the budget, etc. We haven't had that in seven years... not any of it. I don't want more of the same.

I don't believe for a second Thompson says what he feels. I think he's an ok actor and lets people THINK he does. He's the worst kind of Washington insider, lobbyist, corporatist. And not being real bright doesn't commend him to me. I want my president to be smarter than I am. So should you. There are plenty of people I disagree with who are brilliant, Pat Buchanan for one. So it isn't that I look at the "other side" with jaundiced eyes, it's that I have expectations of what a leader is supposed to be. You notice, of course, that I never said McCain, Giuliani or Romney were stupid, did I? I just don't want them as my president. Though maybe Rudy being socially liberal will outweigh the debt he's going to owe the religious right if he's elected.

Okay, here is my heretical view: Hilary will be our next President. For us conservatives, this will be bad domestically in various ways, especially with respec to her Supreme Court nominations. On the other hand, her main domestic reform, some kind of national health insurance, is something conservatives shoudl support, in principle. So its worst effect will be that the Democrats get credit for it, and we look like hard-hearted bastards. She probably won't be too bad otherwise.

On the bright side, she is smart, and she is mean. Just the kind of person we need to deal with our enemies.

And consider: most of our enemies, if not all, are led by men.

Now, no woman makes it to the top without encountering and overcoming an infinite amount of male conceit, backstabbing, and general piggishness. So she probably nurses a deep hatred for male politicians -- and the foreign male politicians she deals with will, I hope, feel her wrath.

On the other hand, if President Clinton does vaporize some of our recalcitrant foes, we cannot say we were not warned:

The Female of the Species

WHEN the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,
He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside.
But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

When Nag the basking cobra hears the careless foot of man,
He will sometimes wriggle sideways and avoid it if he can.
But his mate makes no such motion where she camps beside the trail.

When the early Jesuit fathers preached to Hurons and Choctaws,
They prayed to be delivered from the vengeance of the squaws.
'Twas the women, not the warriors, turned those stark enthusiasts pale.

Man's timid heart is bursting with the things he must not say,
For the Woman that God gave him isn't his to give away;
But when hunter meets with husband, each confirms the other's tale—
The female of the species is more deadly than the male.

Man, a bear in most relations—worm and savage otherwise,—
Man propounds negotiations, Man accepts the compromise.
Very rarely will he squarely push the logic of a fact
To its ultimate conclusion in unmitigated act.

Fear, or foolishness, impels him, ere he lay the wicked low,
To concede some form of trial even to his fiercest foe.
Mirth obscene diverts his anger—Doubt and Pity oft perplex
Him in dealing with an issue—to the scandal of The Sex!

But the Woman that God gave him, every fibre of her frame
Proves her launched for one sole issue, armed and engined for the same;
And to serve that single issue, lest the generations fail,
The female of the species must be deadlier than the male.

She who faces Death by torture for each life beneath her breast
May not deal in doubt or pity—must not swerve for fact or jest.
These be purely male diversions—not in these her honour dwells—
She the Other Law we live by, is that Law and nothing else.

She can bring no more to living than the powers that make her great
As the Mother of the Infant and the Mistress of the Mate.
And when Babe and Man are lacking and she strides unclaimed to claim
Her right as femme (and baron), her equipment is the same.

She is wedded to convictions—in default of grosser ties;
Her contentions are her children, Heaven help him who denies!—
He will meet no suave discussion, but the instant, white-hot, wild,
Wakened female of the species warring as for spouse and child.

Unprovoked and awful charges—even so the she-bear fights,
Speech that drips, corrodes, and poisons—even so the cobra bites,
Scientific vivisection of one nerve till it is raw
And the victim writhes in anguish—like the Jesuit with the squaw!

So it comes that Man, the coward, when he gathers to confer
With his fellow-braves in council, dare not leave a place for her
Where, at war with Life and Conscience, he uplifts his erring hands
To some God of Abstract Justice—which no woman understands.

And Man knows it! Knows, moreover, that the Woman that God gave him
Must command but may not govern—shall enthral but not enslave him.
And She knows, because She warns him, and Her instincts never fail,
That the Female of Her Species is more deadly than the Male.

-----------------------------Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)

It wasnt the BJ that got him in trouble.. Its the lieing under oath.. that is an impeachable offense..

And some sweety gives you an afternoon treat and then you are asked in public and you say WHAT! Get real, there are serious sins and then there are venial sins.

And some sweety gives you an afternoon treat and then you are asked in public and you say WHAT! Get real, there are serious sins and then there are venial sins.

He was asked UNDER OATH in a case directly related to whether or not he had sex with women that worked for him. He lied, not because he got a blow job, but because admitting he got a blow job from someone that worked for him would have undermined his lie that he never did such a thing.

You and the other liberals that try to spin it otherwise are either full of shit or ignorant of the facts.

He lied to protect his political ass. Turns out he did not need to lie cause the unbiased press, the ones that crucify Republicans for extra martial affairs or screwing employees, didn't care one good goddamn he did it much less that he LIED about it. is fellow Democrats did not give one rats ass that he sullied the position of President and lied to a sitting judge UNDER OATH.

Keep spinning maybe someday someone will believe your dogshit.

and there are legal repercussions for lying under oath.

Bill could have evaded impeachment by just telling the truth about the blowjobs.

Don't get me wrong.. I think Bill was, hands down, the greatest president I've ever lived under....

but his litigious misdirection about the blowjob reminds me of his answer regarding smoking pot. He didn't inhale? hehehehe.. my ass. Billy, should have just admitted to both nd saved himself an impeachment AND a classic punchline...

clintons_hippies.jpg

Didnt inhale?

RIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiggghht. whatever you say hippy.

"When the early Jesuit fathers preached to Hurons and Choctaws,
They prayed to be delivered from the vengeance of the squaws.
'Twas the women, not the warriors, turned those stark enthusiasts pale.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male."

I have been reading the savagery done to Indians and question Kipling's poetic license ;) here. I usually like old Rudyard but even he has narrow spots. I read recently where a squaw vomited on herself to avoid rape. Indians from what I can gather respected woman and treated them with great chivalry unlike Europeans. Rape is part of our culture it seems.

Anyway I hope your mildly condescending endorsement is correct, but Edwards and Obama are ok with me as well.

You and the other liberals that try to spin it otherwise are either full of shit or ignorant of the facts.

Ok here goes, he lied because he is a man and he is weak. What would anyone have done. Funny but a man / a Christian / a ??? would realize his lie was wrong but would understand it. But in this case it is old Billy boy and the laws of human nature in this ideological universe don't apply to him.

He was asked UNDER OATH in a case directly related to whether or not he had sex with women that worked for him. He lied, not because he got a blow job, but because admitting he got a blow job from someone that worked for him would have undermined his lie that he never did such a thing.

He lied to protect his political ass. Turns out he did not need to lie cause the unbiased press, the ones that crucify Republicans for extra martial affairs or screwing employees, didn't care one good goddamn he did it much less that he LIED about it. is fellow Democrats did not give one rats ass that he sullied the position of President and lied to a sitting judge UNDER OATH.

Keep spinning maybe someday someone will believe your dogshit.

Good Post

Ok here goes, he lied because he is a man and he is weak. What would anyone have done. Funny but a man / a Christian / a ??? would realize his lie was wrong but would understand it. But in this case it is old Billy boy and the laws of human nature in this ideological universe don't apply to him.

There isn't a man alive who wouldn't lie about that, especially if his wife was going to hear the answer. And remember, his wife is Hillary Clinton. He must have been terrified.

or plead the fifth against self incrimination.

or just told the truth.

He's not the first man to get a blowjob. Won't be the last, either.

What Bill should have done was tell them it wasn't any of their business.

Sorry, but one subpoenaed by a grand jury headed by an appointee that you appoint and is approved and sanctioned by your own party, you really have no legal basis to tell them that it is none of their business. The lies came out of an attempt to deny another accuser, Paula Jones, her constitutional rights to make her case, and the resulting accusations of perjury and obstruction of justice, as well as contempt of court, were affirmed by a superior court judge, the U.S. House of Representatives, the Arkansas State Bar and the U.S. Supreme Court. It was NOT the blow jobs that got him in trouble. It was attempting to use his office to obstruct justice.

That is going to be frowned on re anybody who attempts to do it.

Bill wasn't found to have obstructed justice. Scooter Libby was. So I guess you think Scooter should still be in jail?

Oh... as for Paula Jones, who filed her complaint on the last day before the statute of limitations ran, at the behest of and on behalf of the arkansas loonies, I figure she was more full of garbage than anything Bill said.

Forum List

Back