A Bold Prediction...............!

That is the border of possible. Dems would have to run the table. Heidi in N.D., bury Flake in Az, count Angus in the caucus, beat the creep in IN, flip MA, and so on. WI and FL look pretty good though.

I have my doubts that Romney was chosen to win. I think the Republicans want Obama to screw up the economy so bad that there will never be a Democrat elected in the next ten years. The problem is that after another 4 years of 3+ Trillion dollar debt per year we, the people, are out of luck. The interest on the debt will be too high to pay and we will go the way of Greece. The only saving grace is that the citizenry (those who are active) will reform the republic and nationalize all foreign business and monetary interests in the USA and default on all debts giving us the ability to rebound stronger than ever.

I have my doubts that Romney was chosen to win. I think the Republicans want Obama to screw up the economy so bad that there will never be a Democrat elected in the next ten years. The problem is that after another 4 years of 3+ Trillion dollar debt per year we, the people, are out of luck. The interest on the debt will be too high to pay and we will go the way of Greece. The only saving grace is that the citizenry (those who are active) will reform the republic and nationalize all foreign business and monetary interests in the USA and default on all debts giving us the ability to rebound stronger than ever.
Pubs aren't that stupid.........

For that matter, neither are the Dems :)

Since when did wishful thinking constitute debate?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/186726-republican-ideology-through-history-9.html#post5784628

“America has always been different from Europe, having begun as a utopian religious community. Some have seen it as a dream world where you can be what you choose, others as a mirage that lures, exploits and disappoints. Some see it as a land of spiritual potential, others as a place of crass and vulgar materialism. Some see it as a mecca for creative entrepreneurs, others as a corporate oligarchy where the big eat the small and inventions helpful to the world are stifled. Some see it as the home of freedom of expression, others as a land of timorous conformity and mob-opinion rule.” Margaret Atwood answers a Martian' NYT 04/28/12 http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/hello-martians-this-is-america.html

Since when did wishful thinking constitute debate?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/186726-republican-ideology-through-history-9.html#post5784628

“America has always been different from Europe, having begun as a utopian religious community. Some have seen it as a dream world where you can be what you choose, others as a mirage that lures, exploits and disappoints. Some see it as a land of spiritual potential, others as a place of crass and vulgar materialism. Some see it as a mecca for creative entrepreneurs, others as a corporate oligarchy where the big eat the small and inventions helpful to the world are stifled. Some see it as the home of freedom of expression, others as a land of timorous conformity and mob-opinion rule.” Margaret Atwood answers a Martian' NYT 04/28/12 http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/hello-martians-this-is-america.html
Does your wishful thinking conclude that the O will win this election?

And your link is lost on me. I'm not and never have been a Pub :)

We may be seeing the beginning of a Romney landslide, but I doubt it will carry the Senate for the GOP. Their most optimistic outcome may be a 50-50 tie with VP Ryan casting the deciding vote.

We may be seeing the beginning of a Romney landslide, but I doubt it will carry the Senate for the GOP. Their most optimistic outcome may be a 50-50 tie with VP Ryan casting the deciding vote.
The negatives are piling up so fast for the O that I can't keep track of them. And on the other side, the debate has put Mitt right on top of the pile

The momentum is working for both of them - one on the way up, one on the way down.

There simply isn't enough time to halt and reverse the damage being done by the daily reports out of Libya. Even in a non-election year, this appears to be damaging enough to get more than one head to roll. And now they're eating their own.

I'm already convinced, and even more so after reading Woodward's book, that there are a whole BUNCH of Dems who will be more than happy to see the O gone and who will be more than happy to try very hard to work with Mitt to get our very serious problems solved.

I haven't checked the Senate races for a while but now's as good a time as any to take a look.

Weeeeee!!!!

images

In regards to Senate Races, I think people are going to be surprised with GOP picks up in PA and MD. Just keep and eye out there.

Voters rarely elect someone they don't like. Voters don't like Romney. If he wins, it would be due to Obama coming up with a major gaffe of some kind.

Voters rarely elect someone they don't like. Voters don't like Romney. If he wins, it would be due to Obama coming up with a major gaffe of some kind.

Voters like him alot more than you give them credit. Most are just getting to know him too.

Obama will win that is not wishful thinking but democracy at work. Daydreaming is not debate and never will be. "Yet, more recently, as William Connolly and others have demonstrated, Christian religion and capitalist economics have again been fused tightly in the extreme conservative movement that has captured the Republican Party. This, I believe, is the main reason that so much of their economic reasoning appears irrational and in direct violation of mainstream economics. It disregards almost all available evidence regarding the efficacy of their specific, or more appropriately, often unspecific, economic policy proposals." The Contemporary Condition: The Church of Capitalism: Why Right-Wing Economics is Once Again not Rational

If that's their plan, they don't deserve to win EVER! :cool:

What is with this $3 trillion annual deficit? Where does this information come from?

Obama will win that is not wishful thinking but democracy at work. Daydreaming is not debate and never will be. "Yet, more recently, as William Connolly and others have demonstrated, Christian religion and capitalist economics have again been fused tightly in the extreme conservative movement that has captured the Republican Party. This, I believe, is the main reason that so much of their economic reasoning appears irrational and in direct violation of mainstream economics. It disregards almost all available evidence regarding the efficacy of their specific, or more appropriately, often unspecific, economic policy proposals." The Contemporary Condition: The Church of Capitalism: Why Right-Wing Economics is Once Again not Rational
democracy at work???

Is that the best you can do?? :)

And I do wonder why you would quote an obscure author who attempts to make some bizarre point trying to connect religion to capitalism. And why you think that might have meaning to me.

What is with this $3 trillion annual deficit? Where does this information come from?

I have already answered this but here it is again:
It is not the annual deficit - it has little to do with a "balanced budget".
It is the money the feds borrow every year to balance the budget - it has been going on for a very long time. in June the national debt was 13+ trillion dollars and in October they raised the ceiling on the national debt so they could borrow more. They added 3 trillion to the 13+ trillion already owed. this makes the national debt 16+ trillion dollars at present. They only pay the interest on this loan so the principal never gets smaller - only larger. In June they may have to borrow more but they will have to borrow more each year just so they can balance the money they take in through taxes with the money they spend.
A conservative estimate is that the government will have to borrow at least 3 trillion dollars every year until the taxes paid in equal the interest owed - at which point there will be no money to operate the government at all. How high does the debt have to be to reach that point - it all depends on the interest rate and it can go up anytime. The lower our national credit rating is the higher the interest rate becomes. The end has begun. How long it takes is written in the deficit buget and our failing credit score.

Forum List

Back