A Boccieri Blunder

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Kevin_Kennedy, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    A Boccieri blunder? - The Scorecard - POLITICO.com

John Boccieri is my Representative and there was a massive protest at his office last Friday that, as you can see, made Politico. I wasn't able to attend, but I wish I had. My favorite part was the protestors handing out pink slips to his staff.

Also, so many protestors jammed the elevators to get to his office that one of them broke down and required the fire department to come and get the people out. I don't expect Boccieri to keep his seat in 2010, and I certainly won't be voting for him.

2. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    They got this passed in the House by buying votes. Sweetening the pot for Congress critters on the take for pork for their districts. I am surprised any who voted for this are up for re-election in 2010. It's political suicide, a poison pill, no matter what pet projects you got for your district.

3. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Well I couldn't see Boccieri keeping his seat in 2010 before cap-and-trade, but definitely not after. I have no doubt that some of those that voted for cap-and-trade are going to keep their seats, but Boccieri is the first Democrat we've had since the 1950's.

4. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    I think a lot of the Congressmen/women who have thought their districts safe are having to re-evaluate. This is the first time since in years that Bart Gordon ( our critter ) is feeling some heat. The "teaparty" that was held here on July 10th was decorated with a giant banner advertising Dump Bart Gordon! . It's about time.