A Blow to NDAA. Good!

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
NDAA is probably the single greatest affront to the Constitution in our history. It give the government the ability to simply ignore due process. The overwhelming majority of both Republicans and Dems voted for it and Obama signed it without so much as a blink of an eye.
If you're going to point your finger on this one, point it at EVERYBODY.
Well, this could be the first salvo in what's sure to be a battle.

Ruling Blocks Aspect of Anti-Terror Detention Law

Last edited:
I posted this yesterday and asked Ollie (who said it's debunked) and Liability (who said I don't understand it) to explain but they haven't yet.

I posted this yesterday and asked Ollie (who said it's debunked) and Liability (who said I don't understand it) to explain but they haven't yet.

What exactly did Ollie say was "debunked"???
The entire part about how it could be applied to US citizens. Ollie is either totally brainwashed or in complete denial.

He'll wake up when his retirement check (in dollars) gets devalued and the gov't takes a good chunk for the coming "austerity'.

100% of the GOP voted for it...

While I'm with you standing against the NDAA, I don't think it's accurate to say 100% of the GOP voted for it. I found 12 Senate "no" votes, most of which were Rs:

Burr (R-NC)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Lee (R-UT)
Merkley (D-OR)
Paul (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Rubio (R-FL)
Wyden (D-OR)

NDAA is probably the single greatest affront to the Constitution in our history. It give the government the ability to simply ignore due process. 100% of the GOP voted for it, 90% of the Dems voted for it and Obama signed it without so much as a blink of an eye.

100% of the GOP is a flat out lie, buddy. Anyone who voted for it is a piece of shit, but lets not post pure falsehoods, that okay with you? Here let me help you out-State District Name Party Vote
AK At-Large Rep.* Donald* E.* 'Don'* Young* Republican Yea
AL 1 Rep.* Josiah* Robins* 'Jo'* Bonner* Jr. Republican Yea
AL 2 Rep.* Martha* D.* Roby* Republican Yea
AL 3 Rep.* Michael* Dennis* 'Mike'* Rogers* Republican Yea
AL 4 Rep.* Robert* B.* Aderholt* Republican Yea
AL 5 Rep.* Morris* J.* 'Mo'* Brooks* Republican Yea
AL 6 Rep.* Spencer* T.* Bachus* Republican Yea
AL 7 Rep.* Terri* A.* Sewell* Democratic Yea
AR 1 Rep.* Rick* Crawford* Republican Yea
AR 2 Rep.* Tim* Griffin* Republican Yea
AR 3 Rep.* Stephen* Allen* 'Steve'* Womack* Republican Yea
AR 4 Rep.* Michael* Avery* 'Mike'* Ross* Democratic Yea
Edited, read the entire list using the link-Meister
HR 1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 - Voting Record - Project Vote Smart

What the ruling indicates is the NDAA never stood a chance of subjecting anyone to ‘indefinite detention’ in the first place, given it’s fundamentally un-Constitutional.

The linked article contains a link to the ruling. Read the ruling to understand the voluminous case law cited that hobbled the NDAA from the start.

100% of the GOP voted for it, 90% of the Dems voted for it and Obama signed it without so much as a blink of an eye.

They voted for it out of fear – not the fear of ‘terrorist’ but fear of the voters, lest a lawmaker be accused of being ‘weak on terror.’ And had Obama not signed the legislation the right would have persecuted him mercilessly.

It’s ultimately the fearful, ignorant voters and citizens who are responsible for the NDAA, not Congress or the president.

Good job, everyone.

NDAA is probably the single greatest affront to the Constitution in our history. It give the government the ability to simply ignore due process. 100% of the GOP voted for it, 90% of the Dems voted for it and Obama signed it without so much as a blink of an eye.

100% of the GOP is a flat out lie, buddy. Anyone who voted for it is a piece of shit, but lets not post pure falsehoods, that okay with you? Here let me help you out-State District Name Party Vote
HR 1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 - Voting Record - Project Vote Smart

Okay you're right and I'm wrong. But interestingly, according to the link you provided, many more Dems than repubs voted against it in The House. But you seem to be trying to defend the Repubs on this one. Oops.

What the ruling indicates is the NDAA never stood a chance of subjecting anyone to ‘indefinite detention’ in the first place, given it’s fundamentally un-Constitutional.

The linked article contains a link to the ruling. Read the ruling to understand the voluminous case law cited that hobbled the NDAA from the start.

100% of the GOP voted for it, 90% of the Dems voted for it and Obama signed it without so much as a blink of an eye.

They voted for it out of fear – not the fear of ‘terrorist’ but fear of the voters, lest a lawmaker be accused of being ‘weak on terror.’ And had Obama not signed the legislation the right would have persecuted him mercilessly.

It’s ultimately the fearful, ignorant voters and citizens who are responsible for the NDAA, not Congress or the president.

Good job, everyone.

You're absolutely right in that voter manipulation / perception is the root behind so much of the complete dysfunction of our government. Citizens United will take that and add anabolic steroids to it.
Still, I hope NDAA, CU, Gramm-Leach-Bliley (Dodd-frank is too weak) and ObamaCare are all struck down with mighty wrath! Hey, I can hope, can't I?

Okay you're right and I'm wrong. But interestingly, according to the link you provided, many more Dems than repubs voted against it in The House. But you seem to be trying to defend the Repubs on this one. Oops.

Good job, everyone.

You're absolutely right in that voter manipulation / perception is the root behind so much of the complete dysfunction of our government. Citizens United will take that and add anabolic steroids to it.
Still, I hope NDAA, CU, Gramm-Leach-Bliley (Dodd-frank is too weak) and ObamaCare are all struck down with mighty wrath! Hey, I can hope, can't I?
I'm not defending anyone who voted for it. I'm defending the ones who didn't vote for it. The overly hawkish to the point of paranoia republicans need to go, namely most of the old line that's been around for too long.

Forum List

Back