A bloody, cynical, capitalist scheme

The Derp

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2017
Gun ownership in this country is at a 40-year historic low. That means more and more guns are being concentrated in fewer and fewer hands. To gun manufacturers, this represents a threat to their business. So they give money to the NRA who lobbies politicians and candidates to weaken gun laws in order to expand the gun manufacturers' customer base. If that means that a few wife beaters, crazies, or terrorists get guns and kill innocents, so be it; they're answerable not to society or morality, but to shareholders. Then these gun manufacturers use these incidents to stoke fear among their customer base, who rushes out to buy another gun or five, thus keeping them in business while piling on more risk to society.

On average, about 230,000 guns are stolen from "responsible gun owners" every year. Those are the guns that are then trafficked to places like Chicago where they are used in crimes. So "responsible gun owners" are responsible for most of the gun crime in places like Chicago. Why? Because they "store" their guns in their cars or in their homes, where thieves break in and steal the guns. It's more likely that your gun will be stolen and used in a crime, than it will ever be used to protect your family or kill a "bad guy with a gun".

Gun owners are caught in a bloody, cynical, capitalist scheme to pilfer them out of their money, and put them and others at risk.

Gun ownership in this country is at a 40-year historic low. That means more and more guns are being concentrated in fewer and fewer hands. To gun manufacturers, this represents a threat to their business. So they give money to the NRA who lobbies politicians and candidates to weaken gun laws in order to expand the gun manufacturers' customer base. If that means that a few wife beaters, crazies, or terrorists get guns and kill innocents, so be it; they're answerable not to society or morality, but to shareholders. Then these gun manufacturers use these incidents to stoke fear among their customer base, who rushes out to buy another gun or five, thus keeping them in business while piling on more risk to society.

On average, about 230,000 guns are stolen from "responsible gun owners" every year. Those are the guns that are then trafficked to places like Chicago where they are used in crimes. So "responsible gun owners" are responsible for most of the gun crime in places like Chicago. Why? Because they "store" their guns in their cars or in their homes, where thieves break in and steal the guns. It's more likely that your gun will be stolen and used in a crime, than it will ever be used to protect your family or kill a "bad guy with a gun".

Gun owners are caught in a bloody, cynical, capitalist scheme to pilfer them out of their money, and put them and others at risk.
your post has all the right information and like every other left wing attempt to misplace the blame your conclusion is a machine gun that riddles that information full of holes...in the above scenario as laid out by you the problem is Chicago, you should be forced to re-read your own post/words until you actually understand it/them.

• Banned

your post has all the right information and like every other left wing attempt to misplace the blame your conclusion is a machine gun that riddles that information full of holes...in the above scenario as laid out by you the problem is Chicago, you should be forced to re-read your own post/words until you actually understand it/them.

If you read my post, you'd see that I didn't blame guns, I blamed the "responsible gun owners" whose guns are stolen and then used in crimes, and I blamed the gun manufacturers who are shedding blood in order to achieve profits.

The problem isn't Chicago, the problem are the states that surround Chicago that have lax and lazy gun laws where straw purchasers buy guns then traffic them via an "iron pipeline" to Chicago.

You may have read my post, but you sure as shit didn't comprehend anything from it.

The problem isn't Chicago, the problem are the states that surround Chicago that have lax and lazy gun laws where straw purchasers buy guns then traffic them via an "iron pipeline" to Chicago.
again, in the above scenario the problem is Chicago...all these places you claim have lax gun laws have a lower crime rate than Chicago who I have to assume from your post has tougher gun laws, that is proof Chicago is the problem, that is so easy to conclude from your post that only blind allegiance to a cause or willful ignorance [no offense intended] can make you see it any other way.

• Banned
If you read my post, you'd see that I didn't blame guns, I blamed the "responsible gun owners" whose guns are stolen and then used in crimes, and I blamed the gun manufacturers who are shedding blood in order to achieve profits.
and you still haven't got it right

No, I'm pretty much right on the money. Gun makers need to weaken gun laws to broaden their customer base so they can sell guns and make a profit. Fewer and fewer people are owning guns, and that's a death sentence for a gun maker; so they make up for the loss of normal gun owners by selling guns to crazy people, wife beaters, and terrorists. And they give money to the NRA to make that possible.

You and every other gun owner are caught in that cynical, bloody, capitalist scheme.

• Banned
again, in the above scenario the problem is Chicago

How is it Chicago's fault that guns are bought in lax and lazy gun law states and then trafficked into Chicago? What control do they have over Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Missouri, all of whom get low C's, D's, and F's when it comes to gun laws?

all these places you claim have lax gun laws have a lower crime rate than Chicago

Do they? Are you sure about that? Secondly, Chicago has no control over the way those states regulate their guns...so what you're doing is classic victim-blaming, which is classic abuser mentality. Chicago cannot control a straw purchasers buying a stolen gun in Indiana and then trafficking that gun to Chicago where it is sold illegally again and used in crimes.

who I have to assume from your post has tougher gun laws, that is proof Chicago is the problem, that is so easy to conclude from your post that only blind allegiance to a cause or willful ignorance [no offense intended] can make you see it any other way.

You seem to be under the impression that Chicago can force other states to act a certain way. That's pure avoidance and fantastical thinking on your part. You're also a tool of the gun makers, who shed blood for the sake of profits.

No, I'm pretty much right on the money. Gun makers need to weaken gun laws to broaden their customer base so they can sell guns and make a profit. Fewer and fewer people are owning guns, and that's a death sentence for a gun maker; so they make up for the loss of normal gun owners by selling guns to crazy people, wife beaters, and terrorists. And they give money to the NRA to make that possible.

and again your own words make the conclusion impossible, according to you the gun makers are selling to these folks above [selling guns to crazy people, wife beaters, and terrorists] and then the guns are stolen from them and shipped to chicago..where [innocent] criminals are being made out to be the bad guys, is that correct?

You and every other gun owner are caught in that cynical, bloody, capitalist scheme.
Never owned a gun in my life, and better a capitalist scheme than a communist dupe

• Banned
and again your own words make the conclusion impossible,

How so? A gun manufacturer sees flat sales, sees a shrinking customer base, so the gun maker donates to the NRA, which then lobbies politicians to weaken gun laws, making it possible for people who shouldn't have guns to be able to buy them, which results in sales and profits for the gun maker.

Gun makers would go out of business if they couldn't sell to crazy people, wife beaters, and terrorists. And the sad thing is that you're caught in that cynical capitalist scheme. Flushing money down the drain on a thing that has a higher likelihood of being stolen than ever being used to defend the person who bought it.

according to you the gun makers are selling to these folks above [selling guns to crazy people, wife beaters, and terrorists] and then the guns are stolen from them and shipped to chicago..where [innocent] criminals are being made out to be the bad guys, is that correct?

No, that's not what I said. Try to keep up. The guns that end up in Chicago are those stolen from "responsible gun owners" like yourself, who keep their guns in their homes or cars, and then suffer break-ins where the thieves take the guns. Then the "responsible gun owners" like yourself never report those guns stolen. So poof goes accountability and responsibility. Firstly because "responsible gun owners" like yourself can't manage to keep track of your guns, and then again because those "responsible gun owners" don't report the guns as stolen. Why? The predominant reason is pride; you want to pretend you're a "responsible gun owner" when you're not because you don't want to face criticism because you're a weak person (you have to be weak to even buy a gun in the first place).

Never owned a gun in my life, and better a capitalist scheme than a communist dupe

So you don't own a gun, yet you're defending those who do? Wow. You're exactly what a "useful idiot" was meant to describe.

Then you shit out some nonsense about communism to compensate for your garbage argument.

Fuck you.

How is it Chicago's fault that guns are bought in lax and lazy gun law states and then trafficked into Chicago?
look how you answer a question, exactly the way you are indoctrinated to do, by answering the question/point you wish were asked/made, change the word "FAULT" to the word that was actually used "PROBLEM"

What control do they have over Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Missouri, all of whom get low C's, D's, and F's when it comes to gun laws?
And yet chicago/illinois who is not on that is the one with the gun crime proving that their gun laws only affect honest law abiding citizens and not criminals who want the guns

And yet chicago/illinois who is not on that is the one with the gun crime proving that their gun laws only affect honest law abiding citizens and not criminals who want the guns

They have gun crime because guns are trafficked in there from lax, lazy states that border it. If you tightened the laws in those bordering states, you'd see a reduction in gun crime in Chicago. Chicago ultimately has no control over what straw purchasers in Kentucky do. And I think you know that.

Forum List

Back