A black Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Annie?

Uh no thankyou. Have no problem with black superheros or leads, but have a BIG problem with reinventing classics. Taking someone's work and radically altering it is like rewriting the Bible. Want a black orphan girl fine, make your own. Want black superheros I'm in line to see them, but make a new hero. Don't take a character who's always been one ethnicity and change it to another. Just as a Chinese "Spawn," or other originally black superhero suddenly not being black anymore would upset loyal fans, so does taking originally white heros and making them black. Not because they're black instead of white but because you changed the original story. How about we change "Roots" to be all Chinese slaves for the railroads? Get it?
What about making them all gay???

Do you hate gays too???
Hell a gay, black George Washington would not surprise me in this day and time.
I've got a really good idea.....why don't we ask these politically-correct assholes to come up with their own characters instead of changing all of ours?

Graffiti Grapefruits

Comic books are the new graffiti, so everyone wants a piece.

Eco-liberals have been referencing Poison Ivy (DC Comics), the eccentric fictional eco-terrorist, in their pedagoguery.

Batman (DC Comics), or the Dark Knight, is all about a crusading vigilante tackling his ominous Gotham City's most bizarre criminally insane terrorists such as Poison Ivy (the freakish eco-terrorist) and Penguin (a bizarre crime-master with instincts towards foul play).

Naturally, we want to think about how relevant ethnicity-experimentation Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Black Knight" (2001) can be configured with comic book adapted Hollywood (USA) movies such as "The Dark Knight" (2008).

:afro:

Black Knight (Wikipedia)

poster.jpg

tng.jpg hq.jpg

Graffiti Grapefruits

Comic books are the new graffiti, so everyone wants a piece.

Eco-liberals have been referencing Poison Ivy (DC Comics), the eccentric fictional eco-terrorist, in their pedagoguery.

Um, maybe you meant "demagoguery"?

Uh no thankyou. Have no problem with black superheros or leads, but have a BIG problem with reinventing classics. Taking someone's work and radically altering it is like rewriting the Bible. Want a black orphan girl fine, make your own. Want black superheros I'm in line to see them, but make a new hero. Don't take a character who's always been one ethnicity and change it to another. Just as a Chinese "Spawn," or other originally black superhero suddenly not being black anymore would upset loyal fans, so does taking originally white heros and making them black. Not because they're black instead of white but because you changed the original story. How about we change "Roots" to be all Chinese slaves for the railroads? Get it?
Making a black superhero just for having a black superhero is racism. I am sure, the creation of existing superheros had nothing to do with color.

Do you hate gays too???
Here come your gay superheros. Beam me away, Scotty...
traumschiff-surprise-3.jpg

Movie: Traumschiff Surprise Periode 1

Do you hate gays too???
Hell a gay, black George Washington would not surprise me in this day and time.
I've got a really good idea.....why don't we ask these politically-correct assholes to come up with their own characters instead of changing all of ours?

Why can't people of color create their own super heros ?

Oh, they're only doing this to poke at the crackers. Get whitey, make whitey pay, etc., etc., blah blah, divide, divide, increase animosity.

Actress Michelle Rodriguez had it right: "It’s so stupid. Stop stealing all the white people’s superheroes. Make up your own. What’s up with that?”

Plus she's a hottie!

th

Last edited:
Oh, they're only doing this to poke at the crackers. Get whitey, make whitey pay, etc., etc., blah blah, divide, divide, increase animosity.

Actress Michelle Rodriguez had it right: "It’s so stupid. Stop stealing all the white people’s superheroes. Make up your own. What’s up with that?”

Plus she's a hottie!

th

Of course, she sort of apologized for that comment (which she may have been drunk when she made it). Also, the comment came in response to a question about whether or not she would play Green Lantern, a character which has had varied ethnicities in the comics. :p

Besides, which seems more likely, a studio making a movie based on an established character and simply casting someone of a different race/ethnicity to play that character, or a studio going with an entirely new character? Based on the number of comic book movies currently being made based on established characters, based on the glut of remakes and reboots we see coming out of Hollywood every year, I think the answer is obvious. :D

Forum List

Back