A Black man

You mean those crowds in Berlin weren't real ???

See many cheering people at McCain rallies? Crowds do not mean he is universally liked, respected, or even wanted. My issue was with his annointment as "effective president of the western world".

It's easy to be popular before you've had to make any tough decisions. Obama may well prove a very capable President. I hope he does. But it would be a mistake to think he can retain or gain (whichever way you look at it) the respect of the western world with a few speeches, some good soundbites and a winning smile. The man's mettle will be tested before too long, and then we may have a better idea of what we've got.

See many cheering people at McCain rallies? Crowds do not mean he is universally liked, respected, or even wanted. My issue was with his annointment as "effective president of the western world".

It's easy to be popular before you've had to make any tough decisions. Obama may well prove a very capable President. I hope he does. But it would be a mistake to think he can retain or gain (whichever way you look at it) the respect of the western world with a few speeches, some good soundbites and a winning smile. The man's mettle will be tested before too long, and then we may have a better idea of what we've got.

We shall see--I'm dying to see the guy to something.

Forum List

Back