A Bit of Perspective

Apr 12, 2006
New Jersey
I just returned from a local "relay for life" cancer charity walk. This was the first one I have ever attended and the ceremony was very moving and powerful.

We as humans will fight battles over things as simple as semantics. So much time is dedicated to causes that have no true significance. Hundreds of millions of dollars are fueled into campaigns--much of it for selfish reasons. Wars are fought across the globe over money, pride, and ego.

While all of this happens, millions of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters are falling victim to an evil far more powerful than any human. I lost a family member to cancer and I felt frustrated that there was so little that could be done.

In a perfect world, all people would be able to put there differences aside and come together to work against evils like diseases and poverty. I know this is not that world. But take a moment to yourself and ask what you can do to help those who are sick. You do not have to fight cancer, there are all kinds of illness that need attention. Love and support are the most powerful weapons that we have against incurable diseases; find a way to pass your love on to those who need it most.

1549 said:
I just returned from a local "relay for life" cancer charity walk. This was the first one I have ever attended and the ceremony was very moving and powerful.

We as humans will fight battles over things as simple as semantics. So much time is dedicated to causes that have no true significance. Hundreds of millions of dollars are fueled into campaigns--much of it for selfish reasons. Wars are fought across the globe over money, pride, and ego.

While all of this happens, millions of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters are falling victim to an evil far more powerful than any human. I lost a family member to cancer and I felt frustrated that there was so little that could be done.

In a perfect world, all people would be able to put there differences aside and come together to work against evils like diseases and poverty. I know this is not that world. But take a moment to yourself and ask what you can do to help those who are sick. You do not have to fight cancer, there are all kinds of illness that need attention. Love and support are the most powerful weapons that we have against incurable diseases; find a way to pass your love on to those who need it most.

My sister is a leukemia survivor. It's a hell of a battle. Kudos to you for taking some time to help the cause. :clap:

Life is a precious thing, hence it must be defended from its inception until its natural end. This is why our political fights are important. One group wants to defend from the start by banning abortion, and fights to preserve life all the way until the end by not wanting to allow "mercy killings" and to provide the best quality of health care for the time in between the two(meaning no government intervention). The other group attacks human life in all forms starting from killing fetuses to applauding mercy killings of sick and elderly, and wanting to make our lives as miserable as possible by forcing government run health care down our throats.

Forum List

Back