A bill we can all support

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.r.00811:

This bill has bipartisan support and will make a voting paper trail manditory.

It needs to pass ,it wont help this next election because it will take too long to impliment.

How in the world did we EVER end up with a system with unauditable machines?

Actually, I do not agree. The idea that a paper trail is somehow going to prevent voter fraud is simply incorrect. Who keeps the paper ballots? If someone's committing systematic voter fraud it is easier for them if we use paper ballots or have a paper trail than it is to use electronic ballots. The question you should ask yourself is, "if the paper ballot and the electronic ballot contradict one another which one are you going to trust, the one that people can easily fake or the electronic one which is harder to fake." I don't recall hearing anyone saying, "we need an electronic trail" when we used only paper ballots even though it is far easier to fake these. I would have to look closely at what kind of paper trail is required and how much it will cost states and local governments before I will trust paper trails.

If we want to prevent fraud, make people use produce more documents to prove they are u.s. citizens, and do not let anyone vote in any language other then english.

Actually, I do not agree. The idea that a paper trail is somehow going to prevent voter fraud is simply incorrect. Who keeps the paper ballots? If someone's committing systematic voter fraud it is easier for them if we use paper ballots or have a paper trail than it is to use electronic ballots. The question you should ask yourself is, "if the paper ballot and the electronic ballot contradict one another which one are you going to trust, the one that people can easily fake or the electronic one which is harder to fake." I don't recall hearing anyone saying, "we need an electronic trail" when we used only paper ballots even though it is far easier to fake these. I would have to look closely at what kind of paper trail is required and how much it will cost states and local governments before I will trust paper trails.

Forum List

Back