A Biblical Perspective on Immigration Policy

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
A Biblical Perspective on Immigration Policy

The Immigrant’s Responsibility
Thus, what is the biblical position relating to those who would be immigrants? Have they the right to impose themselves on a sovereign nation, an established society?

First, the biblical standard for immigrants is that they obey the laws of a nation (the general standard for all, discussed above). Obviously, this relates to abiding by a nation’s decision whether or not to admit an alien, and on what terms and conditions. It also includes an assimilationist ethic. Foreigners duly admitted into a particular society are expected to assimilate, not impose their own customs, language, etc. and remake the receiving society in their own image.

Second, forcing oneself on an existing nation is both unjust and unjustifiable. In other words, illegal immigration is morally wrong. Lawbreaking aliens bear moral responsibility for their unlawful actions.

Even desperate circumstances do not justify illegal immigration. Proverbs 6:30-31 says, “People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his appetite when he is hungry, but if he is caught, he will pay sevenfold; he will give all the goods of his house.” The New International Version (NIV) translates the terms as “hunger” and “starving.”

Almost no illegal aliens to the United States are fleeing starvation or physical danger. A Pew study found that most illegal aliens quit a job in their home country in order to break U.S. immigration laws merely to make more money here. Thus, illegal immigration is at its core principally a matter of greed and envy on aliens’ part.

A Biblical Perspective on Immigration Policy | Center for Immigration Studies

Regrettably, it is not the most convincible article in this forum.

Should one await for Messiah to make alia?

Illegal migration is en masse is because of a moral allowing to seek greater benefits from paying peanuts to undocumented employees by taking own risk of being caught.

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL

659px-Mapa_Mexico_1830.PNG

And - thank God for 'stealing' this land!!! Can you just imagine the hell we would be living in if it had not been 'stolen'??? Yikes! The end sometimes does justify the means. I bet 70% of the mexicans would have loved it if more land had been 'stolen'.

Illegal migration is en masse is because of a moral allowing to seek greater benefits from paying peanuts to undocumented employees by taking own risk of being caught.

In actuality, coming here to earn peanuts somehow does get them more perks via the american tax payers than staying in their own countries where no perks can be found.

PEANUTS? Actually it's alittle more than PEANUTS.:cuckoo:
$160 a day picking apples in Washington is not PEANUTS.:cuckoo:
Not exactle cheap labor but uncontested labor in many ways.
I had a friend who worked as a nanny and was threatened to report her to immigration with sexual advances and she gave in until I threated to expose him and to kick his ass. He was a doctor and his wife a lawyer. She kept her job and got a raise and the advances stopped.

Last edited:
I do not buy this notion of a biblical perspective on immigration. But if, for a moment, I were to lend it credence, wouldn't this mean that God hates Israel?

Forum List

Back