A better appreciation for the country's past...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
Last week, my hubby and I went to the local Air Expo. It is an annual event that takes place at the Flying Cloud Airport here in MN. This year, they had actual, working/flying WWII planes, that you could get tours of, and some even get rides in. The rides were $400 a piece, so that was a no-go for us. They had my hubby's favorite (he's big on the WWII era planes) the B-17. That was REALLY awesome to see in flight. They had WWII pilots that flew some of the planes that were there. We got several autographs. They had tanks, and even a German Nazi tank, and they had it set up facing an American one, with a guy dressed up as a Nazi, and the other dressed in WWII fatigues.

They had models of different guns and rifles used in WWII, that were not actual guns, but had working parts like the real thing. You could pick them up and see how they would work. When we were looking at these, there were 2 kids, about age 12 or 13 there holding them with the Marine telling them what they were called and where & when they used them, and the pros and cons of each. My hubby quipped "There is a liberal nightmare if I ever saw one". The Marine said that was the best joke he heard all day.

We got tons of pics, and I am having them put on CD so I can email them to my grandpa, who spent 20 years in the Air Force. I will post them here when I get them.

Sounds fun !!--------the old drive-in theater by Flying Cloud brings back some great childhood memories !!

I love WW2 era stuff! I love that time and that generation. My brother has a real knife that my grandpa and some other guys took off a Nazi soldier. It is quite large. We used to go to the Dayton Air Force show in Dayton every year,but it got really expensive adn the security got ridiculous after 9-11. No unbrellas,or even your own drinks. You had to pay 3.00 for their drinks. Anyway,they had all kinds of planes including passenger that you could walk through and also did an air show. I learned a lot about WW2 in my senior year and loved my granny telling me stories about when grandpa was at war in Germany and how they survived back here. It seems like that was the best generation,the last one with good strong morals and detrmination. Not that there aren't lots of good people,but something about them just interests me.

Forum List

Back