A beautiful day for a ride in Nevada...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
It just keeps getting better. The weather was great. A nice warm, sunny day, endless miles of Nevada highway, and some of the greatest scenery I've ever seen, and I'm just starting to see it.

This is Genoa Nevada, and the building here is the oldest standing bar in Nevada. The blue Heritage Classic Softail with the older than dirt gray helmet on it is my ride...

111_001-1.jpg

And this is the historic town of Virginia City, Nevada, home of the world famous Comstock Mine, looking up the street, and Big John walking this direction doing some sort "biker" gesture with his crotch...

111_002-1.jpg

And looking the other direction...

111_003-1.jpg

And the watering hole where there was a cowboy band playing. Totally cool place...

111_004-1.jpg

You have to climb this windy, twisty road up and up and up to get to Virginia City. I knew there was going to be good vistas when we got there, but wouldn't ya know, after I took these pictures the stinking battery went dead in my camera. My fault. I could have grabbed my spare. I was pissed. Oh well, I really didn't need a reason to go back there, it's a very cool little town, but I gotta take pictures of some of the views from up there. They're unbelievable.

Sounded like a fun trip.

I'm heading back out to northwestern Arkansas last week in May. Been there a couple of times, but there's still plenty of unexplored territory to cover.

There's a scenic road that goes west out of Mena Ark. It runs right along the crest of a 30 mile long ridge line. In many places you can see for miles on both sides of the road at the same time. Very narrow, semi-twisty and hardly any traffic at all.

The road has some sort of micah crystal mixed into the asphalt and when the sun is just right they reflect the light. It's like riding on a mirror.

Oh - and I might stop in at Bugger Hollow again. There's a little tourist trap restaurant there. They serve a thing called a Bugger Burger. Not bad, if you can get past the name.

P.S. Yes, I did notice the mountain oyster banner. Cracked me up.

Merlin1047 said:
Sounded like a fun trip.

I'm heading back out to northwestern Arkansas last week in May. Been there a couple of times, but there's still plenty of unexplored territory to cover.

There's a scenic road that goes west out of Mena Ark. It runs right along the crest of a 30 mile long ridge line. In many places you can see for miles on both sides of the road at the same time. Very narrow, semi-twisty and hardly any traffic at all.

The road has some sort of micah crystal mixed into the asphalt and when the sun is just right they reflect the light. It's like riding on a mirror.

Oh - and I might stop in at Bugger Hollow again. There's a little tourist trap restaurant there. They serve a thing called a Bugger Burger. Not bad, if you can get past the name.

P.S. Yes, I did notice the mountain oyster banner. Cracked me up.

Don't forget to take pictures. I've been to Arkansas, but just driving through. I'd like to see pictures of that valley you speak of.

Yeah, Mountain Oysters here, but up in Montana one time I had them, and they called them Ruby Valley Nuggets... LOL! They weren't bad either.

Forum List

Back