A Bad Assumption: Republicans Are Acting in Good Faith on Deficits

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Jonathan Weiler: A Bad Assumption: Republicans Are Acting in Good Faith on Deficits

The extent of Republican dishonesty on deficits should have been plain long ago. Republican presidents have been running up very large deficits for thirty years. And in their more candid moments, their advisers and supporters have acknowledged the value of "strategic deficits" -- the utility of which deficits as an excuse to cut programs that help the less well-off while preserving and enhancing the prerogatives of the wealthy. That's the only agenda the Republicans have pursued with consistency and dedication for three decades.

Another Repug agenda exposed and its true, Repug presidents like to run up deficits to feed the rich and take from the poor.

".... and it's true..." Actually, no, it's an opinion. But I remain unsurprised that Fail&Won'tGo is incapable of distinguishing opinion from fact.

No one. Not one single scum sucking, corrupt, power hungry motherfucker of a politician from either party is acting in good faith when it comes to debt and deficits.

Put it this way we overspend our revenue by 200 billion a month and the best either band of fucking morons can come up with is a "plan" to "Drastically cut" about one day's worth of overspending from the budget.

Tell me is that acting in good faith or is it just plain old malfeasance?

Jonathan Weiler: A Bad Assumption: Republicans Are Acting in Good Faith on Deficits

The extent of Republican dishonesty on deficits should have been plain long ago. Republican presidents have been running up very large deficits for thirty years. And in their more candid moments, their advisers and supporters have acknowledged the value of "strategic deficits" -- the utility of which deficits as an excuse to cut programs that help the less well-off while preserving and enhancing the prerogatives of the wealthy. That's the only agenda the Republicans have pursued with consistency and dedication for three decades.

Another Repug agenda exposed and its true, Repug presidents like to run up deficits to feed the rich and take from the poor.

You are right we should not assume they will do this which is why we have to stay on top of them with emails, phonecalls, snailmail, and rallies if they start wandering off the path.

That being said the Democrats are even more guilty of adding to the debt while they control congress and the whitehouse.

Question: Which president and congress has added the most to the national debt out of all presidents and congresses?

Answer: President Barack Obama and the 111th congress.

And dimocrats are?

Democrats are a coalition. Black brown white gay straight men women young old rich poor educated uneducated Christian Muslim Jew Atheist and so on.

Republicans are 90% white and mostly Christian.

The two simply can't be compared.

No one. Not one single scum sucking, corrupt, power hungry motherfucker of a politician from either party is acting in good faith when it comes to debt and deficits.

Put it this way we overspend our revenue by 200 billion a month and the best either band of fucking morons can come up with is a "plan" to "Drastically cut" about one day's worth of overspending from the budget.

Is there supposed to be a point in your profanity laced posts?

And dimocrats are?

Democrats are a coalition. Black brown white gay straight men women young old rich poor educated uneducated Christian Muslim Jew Atheist and so on.

A scum sucking corrupt power hungry politician is a scum sucking corrupt power hungry politician.

Party does not matter as both are leading us to the exact same place.

Is there supposed to be a point in your profanity laced posts?

I find there are no other suitable adjectives for politicians.

Keep speaking truth to power my friend, glad to see someone gets it.

And dimocrats are?

A scum sucking corrupt power hungry politician is a scum sucking corrupt power hungry politician.

No, most Democrats don't want to slash funding for education. They don't want to drop bombs. They certainly want to rebuild our countries infrastructure. They don't want tax cuts for corporations and billionaires. They want equal rights for all Americans.

Republicans do not have the best interests of the country in mind. Their leadership will hold millions hostage to force tax cuts for billionaires. They work to send jobs to China. They want to cut funding for education so that money "saved" can be given out as tax cuts for billionaires.

Name a Republican policy that is good for this country. Something that really helped the average American. Not stopping something or tearing down something. But something that really did a service for the average American. You won't be able to.

No, most Democrats don't want to slash funding for education. They don't want to drop bombs. They certainly want to rebuild our countries infrastructure. They don't want tax cuts for corporations and billionaires. They want equal rights for all Americans.

Republicans do not have the best interests of the country in mind. Their leadership will hold millions hostage to force tax cuts for billionaires. They work to send jobs to China. They want to cut funding for education so that money "saved" can be given out as tax cuts for billionaires.

Name a Republican policy that is good for this country. Something that really helped the average American. Not stopping something or tearing down something. But something that really did a service for the average American. You won't be able to.

Rdean you pay way too much attention to campaign rhetoric and speeches, there's about a 180 degree difference between what democrats (and republicans) say vs what they do.

The GOP is using the deficit as an excuse to kill the programs they never liked

This is one of the things that pizzes me off with the POTUS. He seems to think the GOP is acting in good faith when it's apparent to everyone, even GOP supporters, that they are not. They are using their newly won powers of the purse to punish the democrats. They are not governing, they are seeking retribution.

dimocrats will borrow more to establish more government programs we neither need nor can afford and there has been no decrease in the size, scope and cost of government under the repugnantcans so as I said before there is no difference which party is in power as we will end up in the exact same ditch.

dimocrats will borrow more to establish more government programs we neither need nor can afford and there has been no decrease in the size, scope and cost of government under the repugnantcans so as I said before there is no difference which party is in power as we will end up in the exact same ditch.

You don't seem to know what stuck us into this deficit mess. It was the GOP, beginning with Reagan and the philosophy that deficts don't matter.

You don't seem to know what stuck us into this deficit mess. It was the GOP, beginning with Reagan and the philosophy that deficts don't matter.

An idea that the dimocrats perfected no?

And don't go spouting about clinton's so called surplus. If indeed there was a surplus then it should have gone to pay down the debt but it didn't.

Tell me which party in the last 3 decades has left the government smaller than it started and actually reduced the debt?

Last edited:
Tell me which party in the last 3 decades has left the government smaller than it started and actually reduced the debt?

None?

None?

and you still think that it matters who is in power?

The easiest thing for a politician to do is cut taxes.....everybody loves you
The hardest thing is to cut spending.....you are going to piss somebody off

That is why we have a $14 trillion defecit

Forum List

Back