A 2013 Shelby GT 500 makes 1416 RWHP!

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
I love the new Mustangs, and this just goes to show the TRUE POTENTIAL of the 4V motor. Of course it was built to take this kind of power, but it is completely street drivable, and an absolute MONSTER in a quarter mile! This article showcases a new 4.7 Lit. blower. Stock blower is a 2.3 lit.!

After many long months of planning and preparing by Revan Racing, Inc. the testing has been completed. 8.80 at 164 MPH at NMRA Maryland was just the beginning. The plan surfaced with myself and Jim Bell of Kenne Bell Superchargers in early 2014. Kenne Bell 4.2 vs. Kenne Bell 4.7 on the same car, on the same day, on the same dyno with the same boost pressure. NO CHANGES. Boost for boost Supercharger versus Supercharger in a car with a standard transmission. Jim and I discussed Mark Duber's car as the possible candidate for the testing and today Mark Duber aka Birddoc and Chad Epperson @ C & C Racecraft / London Chassis Dyno followed and executed the planned/test exactly as prescribed while Jon Lund of Lund Racing monitored progress remotely. Kenne Bell 4.2 vs. Kenne Bell 4.7

Mark's car was strapped to the dyno with the Kenne Bell 4.2 and 3.5" upper pulley and 15% OD lower pulley the car made 25.1 psi boost, 1,250.4 RWHP and 1033.1 RWTQ with a Kenne Bell Oval Throttle Body and Kenne Bell Gimme 5 Intake. The Kenne Bell 4.2 was then removed and replaced with the Kenne Bell 4.7 and a 4.00" upper pulley so that the boost pressure would be as close to or nearly identical. The removal and installation was completed while it was still strapped to the in ground Mustang Dyno at London Chassis Dyno. Same Gimme 5 Intake, Same Throttle Body and the SAME BOOST. 25 PSI.

Mark's car made an astounding 1,416.1 RWHP and 1,089.4 RWTQ at nearly the same boost pressure 24.9 psi boost.

That's a gain of 165.7 RWHP and 56.3 RWTQ all gained by reducing the engine parasitic drag on the engine with the incredibly efficient Kenne Bell 4.7 Supercharger!!!

1,416 RWHP and Kenne Bell 4.7

Forum List

Back