A 2 Week Vacation

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
If you had 2 weeks to go anywhere in the Continental United States, where would you go? It can be more than one or two places. I"m trying to plan a 2 week vacation for June (my first real grown up vacation-meaning no kid- :D since 2002) and would love some suggestions, thanks!

That depends. Are you looking for a relaxing getaway, a romantic retreat, a sightseeing spree, a great party or a mix?

California from mid state up...Yosemite, Carmel, Mendacino...wine tours...heck you might need a month.

If you had 2 weeks to go anywhere in the Continental United States, where would you go? It can be more than one or two places. I"m trying to plan a 2 week vacation for June (my first real grown up vacation-meaning no kid- :D since 2002) and would love some suggestions, thanks!

Being me, I'd probably head east and do the history tour. ;) I'm always up for DC and Gettysburg, but would add on Boston, Charleston, New York, etc.

Well than, pick one or a few places you've always wanted to see that are close enough together you won't waste a lot of time in planes, trains and automobiles in the middle of your vacation, and go for it.

I've alway dreamed of seeing Mt. Rushmore. One day I will.

I almost saw the Grand Canyon, but believe it or not, it started snowing and we had to turn back. I didn't even know it snowed there.

I would love to see a real Broadway musical or the "Rockettes".

Disney world.

June's a great time to be at the Jersey Shore, EZ.

You know, just in case things don't work out with the Mr. and things don't work with my Mrs. :D

I keed, i keed

I'd do something similar to Annie. I'd start at the tip of Maine and work my way down and end up in Key West, stopping at historical places along the way. Gettysburg, the White House, Cape Canaveral, etc.

go to yellowstone and glacier park in montana, it doesn't get more beautiful than glacier. Plus Yellowstone is awesome to hike around in and you can stay in cabins.

San Francisco.

Rent a really nice RV and road trip it.

You know, I don't know if you're kidding or not, but I've ALWAYS wanted to do that. Take it on the 'back roads' through all the small towns in America, never get on an interstate.

I think that would be so cool.

Rent a really nice RV and road trip it.

You know, I don't know if you're kidding or not, but I've ALWAYS wanted to do that. Take it on the 'back roads' through all the small towns in America, never get on an interstate.

I think that would be so cool.

I'm not kidding in the slightest. It's a dream of mine. If the girl does the Navy thing, we might use one of her leaves at the end of a service year and try to get 2 or 3 weeks and do just that. Why not? You get 4 weeks a year for paid leave. We'd already get the benefits of probably travelling to different countries and all, might as well do the road trip!

Forum List

Back