9mm will kill hogs, kind of.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
Hit a decent sized boar with a great arrow shot, but the hog didn’t act shot, so I decided to hit him with the 9. I sighted up on the spot and hit the hog twice with 147 grain Remington golden saber and I got to say, that knocked the shot out of that hog. Looking inside, you could clearly see where the arrow went through, and where the bullets went through. The fabled “gristle shield” was non existent. One bulled exploded on ribs, and the wounding at the beginning of the channel was extensive. And the hog hit the ground NOW when he was hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit a decent sized boar with a great arrow shot, but the hog didn’t act shot, so I decided to hit him with the 9. I sighted up on the spot and hit the hog twice with 147 grain Remington golden saber and I got to say, that knocked the shot out of that hog. Looking inside, you could clearly see where the arrow went through, and where the bullets went through. The fabled “gristle shield” was non existent. One bulled exploded on ribs, and the wounding at the beginning of the channel was extensive. And the hog hit the ground NOW when he was hit.
Next time take out the whole herd.......

xl8101w__1.jpg

xl8101w__1.jpg

When I hunt I try and live an image. I was channeling Fred Bear so the 81mm tube would mess that all up. That and it looks heavy.

xl8101w__1.jpg

When I hunt I try and live an image. I was channeling Fred Bear so the 81mm tube would mess that all up. That and it looks heavy.
Hire a couple of illegals carry it for ya.

xl8101w__1.jpg

Language barrier. Hey think I would rather have that mounted on my car.

A real man would have used a knife..

Some do. That’s popular a state or two over east of me. I don’t know how to do that, and I think you need dogs. I can’t afford the dogs and I don’t want to own them. I won’t pay to kill a pig.

xl8101w__1.jpg

Upgrade the shocks........ :eusa_whistle:

xl8101w__1.jpg

Upgrade the shocks........ :eusa_whistle:

I think a Prius chassis can handle that tube just fine. Poke it right up through the sun roof. Would have to teach the girl child to call in strikes for me. He brothers know how to do that I think.

Forum List

Back