$99.75 for a t-shirt???????

Unbelievable that my first time on here and I read this. Therefore this is my first post! Unfortunately what they told you about the T-shirt is somewhat correct. The funny thing here is that it was my soon to be ex-husband that did this to you. I have already heard this story, and see it at every bike week event that we go to. (I no longer go). But, it is true that you buy the shirt and the decal is extra. And the wax overlay is also extra. But if you would have said you were willing to pay $30 they would have done it - or you could have walked away and nothing could have happened. There isn't anything they can do. You do not have to buy anything. We can not make a customer do it, only the words scare them and they almost always give in. I am sorry you paid what you did, but just so you feel a little better I had a customer pay $780 for 4 t-shirts. Yes unbelievable I know, but the decals and wax overlay and the small decals, and the decals on each sleeve add up. The worst part is that the decals cost us between $.25 - $1.50. But this is the only way to make money in the events.

So not that you all know how this works, a little more advice--when you go on vacation to any souvenir shop or tent in a bike week event -- NO price is in stone. They are there to make any money they can. If the price is reasonable they WILL take it! I was in the business for 5 years; I know all the stunts they pull. And the free t-shirt is one of the best! It gets 9 out 10 customers to buy more.

NeEdPeaCe said:
Unbelievable that my first time on here and I read this. Therefore this is my first post! Unfortunately what they told you about the T-shirt is somewhat correct. The funny thing here is that it was my soon to be ex-husband that did this to you. I have already heard this story, and see it at every bike week event that we go to. (I no longer go). But, it is true that you buy the shirt and the decal is extra. And the wax overlay is also extra. But if you would have said you were willing to pay $30 they would have done it - or you could have walked away and nothing could have happened. There isn't anything they can do. You do not have to buy anything. We can not make a customer do it, only the words scare them and they almost always give in. I am sorry you paid what you did, but just so you feel a little better I had a customer pay $780 for 4 t-shirts. Yes unbelievable I know, but the decals and wax overlay and the small decals, and the decals on each sleeve add up. The worst part is that the decals cost us between $.25 - $1.50. But this is the only way to make money in the events.

So not that you all know how this works, a little more advice--when you go on vacation to any souvenir shop or tent in a bike week event -- NO price is in stone. They are there to make any money they can. If the price is reasonable they WILL take it! I was in the business for 5 years; I know all the stunts they pull. And the free t-shirt is one of the best! It gets 9 out 10 customers to buy more.

No f#*cking way! your kidding me, was it really him? Damn Jim now I know you should have stomped him a new ass!!!!

Small world, eh, Jim? :laugh:

Forum List

Back