98% of Catholics use artificial birth control

Omg!!!! The man in the pulpit is telling YOU he won't pay for your abortion? You people are nuts. :cuckoo:

He's not paying for it, the insurance company is.

Left to their own devices, the insurance companies have no problem paying for family planning. Because lack of family planning actually costs them more money.

Births that are too close together have massive medical complications.

Women who are still having babies after 40 has a bunch of medical problems.

The insurance companies were probably the ones who pushed for this.

The ugly truth about ObamaCare and RomneyCare- Big Insurance got most of what it wanted.

No, the congregation is paying for it. The insurance company collects premiums. The definition of benefits page explains what the coverage pays for.
We are paying for it.

POLITICO Breaking News
-------------------------------------------------
The White House plans to announce a compromise on its new rule requiring employers to provide contraceptives as part of health insurance coverage, aimed at allaying the concerns of religious organizations, a senior administration official confirmed to POLITICO. The announcement is expected as early as Friday.

Sorry. No link. Yet.

I would hate to think they will knuckle under on this one, but let's not forget, this is Obama, who knuckles under about as often as France.
February 10, 2012

"It's not a cave if your opponents aren't getting what they actually want."

Another W For Barack

827.gif

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

I believe we need to at least be preaching about the positives of birth control to all young couples. Choosing not to have kids is a most honorable decision if a couple is going to focus on their jobs. Thats the message the church should be sending along with no forced contraceptives.

The Catholic Church is more interested in preventing contraception than preventing pedophillia.

I'd say the American teachers unions trumps the Church on bad actors.

Check out teacher spoon feeding semen to children bound in chairs kinda teachers union kinda teacher out in California.

Get back to me when you can top the stats I have on teachers vs against faith sinning Priests.

mmmm 'kay?

Let's see the stats.

Certainly most Catholics use contraceptives--however it is not up to the Federal Government to force their church to do something that the church feels is morally WRONG. This is a constitutional issue regarding religious freedom of the church.

If the Federal Government can force the Catholic church to provide something that they feel is morally wrong--then it won't be long until they can FORCE you to take something or do something that you personally feel is morally wrong. IOW--there is no limit to what they can force you to do. Obama is walking all over the U.S. Constitution in this matter.

HOrseshit.

By that logic, you could dispense with all laws.

"My Dog should have the right to shit on the sidewalk. It's in my religion. Don't try to impose your atheistic curbing laws on me, buster!"

The rule specifically exempts people who work for the church. It only applies to the Church's money-making operations (charities, hospitals, TV Networks, Schools, wineries. YOu know, all the things Churches should be doing.) where not all the employees are Catholic and where religion isn't the focus of the operation.

Fact is, 30% of kids who attend Catholic Schools aren't Catholic, while Catholic kids are kept out because they don't have enough money. It isn't about the religion, it's about the money.

And when it becomes about the money, you can't plead religious grounds anymore.

I agree with you except not all Catholic schools operate only on the $$$.
Hey.....don Benedict is in for 25% of whatever!! Just pay, on-time. It'll be good for your health.

r

Last edited:
Ah so the truth comes out. This is not about women's health, this is about war on religion. Carry on haters.

Bullshit. It is about the man in the dress trying to tell the rest of us what will or will not be. He is just a man, and does not represent any special wisdom. In fact, historically, the church has represented a repressive force.

... [A] short time elapsed after the death of the great reformer of the Jewish religion, before his principles were departed from by those who professed to be his special servants, and perverted into an engine for enslaving mankind, and aggrandising their oppressors in Church and State; that the purest system of morals ever before preached to man, has been adulterated and sophisticated by artificial constructions, into a mere contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves; that rational men not being able to swallow their impious heresies, in order to force them down their throats, they raise the hue and cry of infidelity, while themselves are the greatest obstacles to the advancement of the real doctrines of Jesus, and do in fact constitute the real Anti-Christ.
-- Thomas Jefferson, to Samuel Kercheval, 1810 (see Positive Atheism's Historical section
The biggest bureaucracy known to man, the RC church. Like all judeo-xstian religions, it controls women too.
Sorry gadawg. I was responding to other posters here and on another thread. They hate religion, and think that's justification for this mandate. Two separate issues.

Oh. And kudos for your charity work.

Has it occured to you some of us hate religion because they pull shit like this?

Now, as I said, I was brought up Catholic. I even bought into their abortion beliefs long after I left the church. (I consider myself neither pro-life nor pro-choice, but pro-pragmatism; if you can't effectively outlaw a thing, you shouldn't have a law against it.)

I wish they had shown the kind of concern about their own clergy molesting children that they've shown for whether or not their non-Catholic employees in their other money-making schemes are on the pill or not.

Agreed. This little PR, non-issue aint going to push their "kid-touching" under the rug.

Certainly most Catholics use contraceptives--however it is not up to the Federal Government to force their church to do something that the church feels is morally WRONG. This is a constitutional issue regarding religious freedom of the church.

If the Church feels it is "morally wrong" to hire black people, why not allow the church to be exempt from equal rights laws? What if the church feels it is "morally wrong" to let 5 year olds go to waste without working their 12 hrs a day? Should we believe that the 1st amendment somehow exempts the church from child labor laws?

Of course the 1st amendment doesn't cover these things. So there's no reason to try to posit this as such an issue. We already understand that the 1st amendment doesn't cover any and all actions and behaviors. The church is free to teach whatever doctrine it wants. It is free to teach its followers that birth control is a sin. But that does not exempt the church from having basic obligations in its employer-employee relations.

This argument is completely without logical merit. Continuum fallacies are not with standing.

Obama is walking all over the U.S. Constitution in this matter.

No, he's not. The constitution does not protect an employer from requirements that health coverage include things that the employer may not want the employee to choose.

This argument is completely without logical merit

There is this thing we call freedom. his argument has more merit then your personal credibility. It is the same argument as forcing someone to carry insurance because it might cost you something. If the government can do that they can make you buy anything.
Well.....ya' gotta figure....the government can't very-well sell Eternal Salvation. Someone-else is already running that scam.

:eusa_whistle:

Omg!!!! The man in the pulpit is telling YOU he won't pay for your abortion? You people are nuts. :cuckoo:

He's not paying for it, the insurance company is.

Left to their own devices, the insurance companies have no problem paying for family planning. Because lack of family planning actually costs them more money.

Births that are too close together have massive medical complications.

Women who are still having babies after 40 has a bunch of medical problems.

The insurance companies were probably the ones who pushed for this.

The ugly truth about ObamaCare and RomneyCare- Big Insurance got most of what it wanted.

No, the congregation is paying for it. The insurance company collects premiums. The definition of benefits page explains what the coverage pays for.
We are paying for it.

But here's the thing. The congregation isn't paying for it. Profits from the business are paying for it. Profits - and I know you are having a hard time with this- are created by the hard work of labor.

So if you were to put this up to a vote of the workers- guess what. Most of them would vote for this coverage. And if you put it up to a vote of the congregations, for that matter, most of them would vote for the coverage.

The actual cost wouldn't change. Family planning is cheaper than live births. Especially problematic live births - Too close together or after a certain age or before a certain age.

Why does the Church have a problem with PREVENTING pregnancy? Explain please.

THE CHURCH doesn't.

The Roman Catholic church does not believe in preventing pregnancy. Pope Paul VI rejected all forms of artificial contraception.

Funny, Pope Paul VI was a known progressive who aw himself as a humble servant for a suffering humanity and demanded significant changes of the rich in America and Europe in favour of the poor in the Third World. His positions on birth control and other issues were controversial in Western Europe and North America, but were applauded by people in Eastern and Southern Europe and Latin America.

So it's funny how a progressive probably caused the problem and other progressives are now fighting it.

TERRORIZE your State democrats

Suggest a spending cut.

Neither party has ever cut spending a goddam dime. At least the Democrats taxed enough to keep the debt down. There'll never be a logical answer to why Reagan and the Bushes gave big tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans and borrowed from foreign banks to fund it.
Hell.....with Lil' Dumbya, it was merely a matter o' Daddy's bud$ cashin'-IN on their.....​

"His business career was marked by mediocrity or failure which nonetheless resulted in him getting lots of money from his father's political allies. And his political career has been handed to him on a platter by his famous name, and by his dad's cronies."

Yes. How is it that the guvmint has enough people to go around and force Catholic women to use birth control?

Why does the Catholic church not ex-communicate any woman known to be using birth control?

And lets face it. If this provision goes into effect, the Catholic's will then know exactly who obtains birth control. (within their social services operation)

Then they could work tirelessly to get these women out of the church.

They shouldn't be allowed in the doors if they have the scent of birth control on their breaths.

What is wrong with the Catholic church. Why can't they clean house of all these hypocritical Catholics that agree that the church does not want them to use birth control, but they do anyway.

Those women have got to go. Fire em.

And it is great that the priests didn't have to practice birth control. They just liked to hit on the boys.

Your hysterical over reaction to the Church's attitude towards birth control is.... frankly.... crap. It does not excommunicate people for that. It's not a 'mortal sin'. It is a venial sin.

We don't 'clean house' of individuals who choose to go against the doctrine of the Church.
Yeah.....that would definitely have a negative-impact on cash-flow.....

:eusa_whistle:

I remember when the pill first became available that priests would rant from the pulpit that true Catholics will not use birth control. It quickly became evident that they were preaching to deaf ears and you do not see many priests campaigning against birth control
.....But, we are seeing the up-side (that priests dreaded); the elimination/consolidation o' churches, in-general.

:clap2:

The pill is one the GREATEST medical advances ever seen. A married couple can chose not to have kids. What exactly is the PROBLEM with that?

The pill is one the GREATEST medical advances ever seen. A married couple can chose not to have kids. What exactly is the PROBLEM with that?

Is your Google broke?

Try "Catholic church position on birth control," and take it from there, dumbass

Forum List

Back