98% of Catholics use artificial birth control

Certainly most Catholics use contraceptives--however it is not up to the Federal Government to force their church to do something that the church feels is morally WRONG. This is a constitutional issue regarding religious freedom of the church.

If the Federal Government can force the Catholic church to provide something that they feel is morally wrong--then it won't be long until they can FORCE you to take something or do something that you personally feel is morally wrong. IOW--there is no limit to what they can force you to do. Obama is walking all over the U.S. Constitution in this matter.

Exactly. This issue is not about the parishioners.

If they choose personally to go against their faith it's between them, the Church and their God.

And if those parishioners have a beef with the Church of Rome, well they have the option to switch to another religion.

This issue is strictly about the U.S. Government stomping all over the First Amendment.
No.....it's about denying a religious Patriarchy Absolute-control over......

It's that eternal, unnecessary battle between Knowledge & Beliefs.....and, the Beliefs-"side" is pretty-much driven by fairy-tales (or, at the very-least, unsubstantive-Absolutes).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o]George Carlin - Religion is bullshit. - YouTube[/ame]

You folks, who insist it's a First Amendment issue, need to admit.....especially to yourselves.....this issue is driven by your absolute-DREAD of Death.....and, your willingness (not-to-mention the amusement-factor, for yourselves) to deny others' Life, Liberty & Pursuit Of Happiness, in-order-to guarantee yourselves one o' those magical-Passes thru The Pearly Gates (that you believe actually exist.)

Note (to the faithful): Santa Claus & The Easter Bunny aren't real, either.

:eusa_whistle:

I Love It!!!!

Are you serious?

Has the Obama administration proposed death penalty insurance? Call the media!!!!

The law says if you murder someone, you are eligible for the DP. You do not get a pass becasue you belong to a religion led by a man in a dress.

The law says that you have to provide family planning coverage to your employees if they want it. You do not get a pass because you belong to a religion led by a man in a dress.

Sounds simple enough to me.

You got it!:lol:
That was exactly my point.
Amazing how many want to twist and distort the law to fit their religous beliefs.
The Constitution states you have freedom of religion but THE LAW can not be twisted and distorted to fit them.

Certainly most Catholics use contraceptives--however it is not up to the Federal Government to force their church to do something that the church feels is morally WRONG. This is a constitutional issue regarding religious freedom of the church.

If the Federal Government can force the Catholic church to provide something that they feel is morally wrong--then it won't be long until they can FORCE you to take something or do something that you personally feel is morally wrong. IOW--there is no limit to what they can force you to do. Obama is walking all over the U.S. Constitution in this matter.

I agree.

The president does not get to dictate to Catholics what sections of their Catechism they should ignore.
'Tis true!

Unfortunately (for him).....his priorities are driven by Real-World issues. He doesn't have a whole-lotta-time to pander to issues of fantasy.​

Ah so the truth comes out. This is not about women's health, this is about war on religion. Carry on haters.

How could I be at war with religion?
I just returned from the church delivering hams and turkeys for the food drive.
But that doesn't count on what YOU CLAIM religion is.
Something about THE LAW AND THE CONSTITUTION.
An interesting doceument. Try reading it.

Sorry gadawg. I was responding to other posters here and on another thread. They hate religion, and think that's justification for this mandate. Two separate issues.

Oh. And kudos for your charity work.

Ah so the truth comes out. This is not about women's health, this is about war on religion. Carry on haters.

No, it's about health.

I don't want my doctor getting up on the pulpit on Sunday talking about spiritual matters.

I don't want a minister in my doctor's office preaching to me about the morality of my lifestyle choices.

The Church has no business making MEDICAL decisions for their employees. If they want to preach against birth control (which, again, 75% of their membership thinks their nuts on) they should do it from the pulpit. That's what it's there for.

But once someone has decided to ignore their advice, it's not their place to say, "Hey, we are going to stop you from doing it by screwing with your health insurance!"

'Hey, I'm not even a member of your Church. You just hired me to balance your books!"

Yes. How is it that the guvmint has enough people to go around and force Catholic women to use birth control?

Why does the Catholic church not ex-communicate any woman known to be using birth control?

And lets face it. If this provision goes into effect, the Catholic's will then know exactly who obtains birth control. (within their social services operation)

Then they could work tirelessly to get these women out of the church.
BZZZZZT!!!!!

Wouldn't that (also) suggest they'd need to take their young-children, with them?

How could the Clergy do that.....in good-conscience??

:eusa_whistle:
(The Church does need it's breeders.)

Last edited:

No, it's about health.

I don't want my doctor getting up on the pulpit on Sunday talking about spiritual matters.

I don't want a minister in my doctor's office preaching to me about the morality of my lifestyle choices.

The Church has no business making MEDICAL decisions for their employees. If they want to preach against birth control (which, again, 75% of their membership thinks their nuts on) they should do it from the pulpit. That's what it's there for.

But once someone has decided to ignore their advice, it's not their place to say, "Hey, we are going to stop you from doing it by screwing with your health insurance!"

'Hey, I'm not even a member of your Church. You just hired me to balance your books!"

JoeB. Your analogies make no sense. What "medical decisions"? Specifically.

Bullshit. It is about the man in the dress trying to tell the rest of us what will or will not be. He is just a man, and does not represent any special wisdom. In fact, historically, the church has represented a repressive force.

... [A] short time elapsed after the death of the great reformer of the Jewish religion, before his principles were departed from by those who professed to be his special servants, and perverted into an engine for enslaving mankind, and aggrandising their oppressors in Church and State; that the purest system of morals ever before preached to man, has been adulterated and sophisticated by artificial constructions, into a mere contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves; that rational men not being able to swallow their impious heresies, in order to force them down their throats, they raise the hue and cry of infidelity, while themselves are the greatest obstacles to the advancement of the real doctrines of Jesus, and do in fact constitute the real Anti-Christ.
-- Thomas Jefferson, to Samuel Kercheval, 1810 (see Positive Atheism's Historical section

Sorry gadawg. I was responding to other posters here and on another thread. They hate religion, and think that's justification for this mandate. Two separate issues.

Oh. And kudos for your charity work.

Has it occured to you some of us hate religion because they pull shit like this?

Now, as I said, I was brought up Catholic. I even bought into their abortion beliefs long after I left the church. (I consider myself neither pro-life nor pro-choice, but pro-pragmatism; if you can't effectively outlaw a thing, you shouldn't have a law against it.)

I wish they had shown the kind of concern about their own clergy molesting children that they've shown for whether or not their non-Catholic employees in their other money-making schemes are on the pill or not.

100% of Catholics sin also. So I guess we should just make sinning legal too huh?

Why should we have a law that prevents "sinning"? It's not the government's place to enforce the churches rules, or give the church anything to try to impose its rules on society.

Omg!!!! The man in the pulpit is telling YOU he won't pay for your abortion? You people are nuts. :cuckoo:

He's not paying for it, the insurance company is.

Left to their own devices, the insurance companies have no problem paying for family planning. Because lack of family planning actually costs them more money.

Births that are too close together have massive medical complications.

Women who are still having babies after 40 has a bunch of medical problems.

The insurance companies were probably the ones who pushed for this.

The ugly truth about ObamaCare and RomneyCare- Big Insurance got most of what it wanted.

Fact is, 30% of kids who attend Catholic Schools aren't Catholic, while Catholic kids are kept out because they don't have enough money. It isn't about the religion, it's about the money.
....aka job-$ecurity.

20100401_holy-thursday_33.JPG

"We don't need no resume....
....All we need is thought-control."

I really dont see pushing this over someone that doesnt want it. I'm basically pro life in 99 percent of instances. What I dont get is the contraception thing.

So if a man and woman are married and chose to stay married, but also choice to use contraception the church doesnt agree with this? The pill in my estimation is one of the most successful medical breakthroughs this country has ever had. If two married people dont want to have children, then that is a VALIANT choice. I dont see how the church can have a problem with this. Please explain.

I oppose the mandate that the Catholic church be forced to provide any insurance much less contraception coverage.
But if they do provide coverage and single out coverages that go against religous ideology then they need to evaluate all of their coverage and take out eye coverage if that violates someone's religous beliefs.
Freedom OF religion, all religion.
On the face of it I oppose the Obama mandate.

Forum List

Back