97% of Scientists agree..........Al Gore knows what he is talking about

The sample was taken from IPCC toadies....The linked piece demonstrates the trail to the purposefully skewed group that were polled.

Your poll and thread are towering fails.

Sure Dude..

97% of scientists are "toadies" because they have been published in the field.
What were they thinking??

and cigarettes don't cause cancer, evolution is just a theory and the earth is flat

Damn those Scientists!
And non sequiturs and red herrings are still non sequiturs and red herrings.

The sample group for the fake poll was purposefully pre-screened to get the desired result...You and the Nation's Comic Book fail.

Al's got the Rhythm.....

Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change is real - Science Fair: Science and Space News - USATODAY.com

Forget the four out of five dentists who recommend Trident…. Try the 97 out of 100 scientists that believe in man-made climate change.

This data comes from a new survey out this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The study found that 97 percent of scientific experts agree that climate change is "very likely" caused mainly by human activity.

The report is based on questions posed to 1,372 scientists. Nearly all the experts agreed that it is "very likely that anthropogenic greenhouse gases have been responsible for most of the unequivocal warming of the Earth's average global temperature in the second half of the twentieth century."

As for the 3 percent of scientists who remain unconvinced, the study found their average expertise is far below that of their colleagues, as measured by publication and citation rates.

No offense, but it's hard to take the guy seriously (Al Gore) with all his suvs and private jet...and mansion....etc.

Most people learn by example, not the Simon Says method.

The sample group for the fake poll was purposefully pre-screened to get the desired result...You and the Nation's Comic Book fail.

I don't think they care. They don't care what the facts are. If they cared about the facts, they would actually look at them.

a 12 year decline in tempatures somehow proves global warming? It's nonsense.

But it doesn't matter. They would rather look at clearly inaccurate polls and say. Look here. "More "important people" believe us. That proves it!" In reality, it doesn't prove jack.

Last time I checked, 90% of Americans believed in God. Yet they will jump up and down saying that doesn't prove that God exists. And surprise, surprise, they would be right because a poll doesn't prove facts or truths.

The sample was taken from IPCC toadies....The linked piece demonstrates the trail to the purposefully skewed group that were polled.

Your poll and thread are towering fails.

Sure Dude..

and cigarettes don't cause cancer, evolution is just a theory and the earth is flat

Damn those Scientists!

Dude!

it ain't work'n pal.....Your attempt to disqualify 97% of climate scientists because they are experts in their field just ain't cutting it

Science............just another Liberal Fad!

Sure Dude..

Damn those Scientists!

Dude!

it ain't work'n pal.....Your attempt to disqualify 97% of climate scientists because they are experts in their field just ain't cutting it

I dont think he was trying to disqualify the scientists at all. I think he was pointing out that the study is inherently flawed because they screen out scientists that disagree with the global warming agenda before factoring them into the poll.

I think you realize that. But I am not convinced you care.

Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change is real - Science Fair: Science and Space News - USATODAY.com

Forget the four out of five dentists who recommend Trident…. Try the 97 out of 100 scientists that believe in man-made climate change.

This data comes from a new survey out this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The study found that 97 percent of scientific experts agree that climate change is "very likely" caused mainly by human activity.

The report is based on questions posed to 1,372 scientists. Nearly all the experts agreed that it is "very likely that anthropogenic greenhouse gases have been responsible for most of the unequivocal warming of the Earth's average global temperature in the second half of the twentieth century."

As for the 3 percent of scientists who remain unconvinced, the study found their average expertise is far below that of their colleagues, as measured by publication and citation rates.

So only the 3% of scientists are correct obviously.

While 83 percent of Americans say they believe in God and 12 percent believe in a “higher power,” 41 percent of U.S. scientists believe in neither, a study by the Pew Research Center revealed. And of U.S. scientists ages 65 and above, nearly half are either atheists or agnostics.

“However, unlike the general population, younger scientists are more likely than older scientists to have a belief in God or a higher power,” the study said. “In addition, more chemists than those in other specialties say they believe in God.”

“Scientists are also far more likely to identify religiously as unaffiliated than is the general public (48% vs. 17%) or as atheist (17% vs. 2%).”

U.S. Study: Older Scientists Less Likely to Believe God Exists

Just a guess, but I think scientists think Al Gore IS God

So only the 3% of scientists are correct obviously.

rdean is right about only 6% of Scientists being Republicans

Just in case you're having a hard time reading for comprehension:
The study examined 1,372 scientists who had taken part in reviews of climate science or had put their name to statements regarding the key findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

<snip>

Critics also said the paper focuses solely on scientists who have made their position on climate change public – failing to consider those "unconvinced" scientists who choose not to speak out – and that the peer review process meant the consensus view was unfairly favoured.

UK Telegraph

What's next...We going to poll stoners for their opinion on Twinkies as representative of everyone who eats?

Dude!

I dont think he was trying to disqualify the scientists at all. I think he was pointing out that the study is inherently flawed because they screen out scientists that disagree with the global warming agenda before factoring them into the poll.

I think you realize that. But I am not convinced you care.

Those Bastards!

They screened out those scientists who know nothing about global warming! How dare they try to poll subject matter experts? Next time they should stick with FoxNews viewers...just to make Dude happy

Just in case you're having a hard time reading for comprehension:
The study examined 1,372 scientists who had taken part in reviews of climate science or had put their name to statements regarding the key findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

<snip>

Critics also said the paper focuses solely on scientists who have made their position on climate change public – failing to consider those "unconvinced" scientists who choose not to speak out – and that the peer review process meant the consensus view was unfairly favoured.

UK Telegraph

What's next...We going to poll stoners for their opinion on Twinkies as representative of everyone who eats?

winter Twinkies are better than summer Twinkies. They change the formula for the seasons.

When you have no science to support your opinion, do a poll.

When you do the poll, only ask the people know there's no science .

Perfect.

Oh God, this again? Just when I thought the documented fact of cooling temps the past decade had sealed the warming freaks fate, here we go again.

Rightwinger, let me "hit you with some knowledge" (Bonus points for whoever can name that movie quote):

If you ask a scientist, who works for a government school, or is funded by a government grant, if they think global warming is real, since it would benefit the government push for global warming legislation............um, do the math. Thats why they screened the participants in the poll. That would be like a CEO asking 100 job applicants "Do you think my company is a good company to work for?" Duh, dumbass, what do you think they'll say?

Truth is, you guys are desperate to keep the green dream alive. You guys are so emotionally invested in it, the mere thought that it is being proven false by each passing year of emerging science terrifies you.

But hey, somewhere out there if you screen some scientists, and ask them if in their government funded department's opinion, is the goal of government's green legislation worthwhile, well, I'm sure most will say "YES it is" (while whispering "How bout a bigger endowment and grant next semester!!!").

Forum List

Back