97% of climatologists believe in man-made global warming

The reason is that scientific entities have become politicized and the direction they have turned is liberal. Research that disagrees with global warming as a conclusion, or certain aspects of what is accepted by liberals is global warming is ignored, ridiculed, not funded, and stopped in the processes of scientific submission.

Remember, history is littered by experts respected by the people of their time, but who were plainly or by some relevant or crucial degree wrong.

Totally wrong. Only by going outside of the US and making his plight known, did Hansen finally get the little censuring bastard assigned to him by the Bush administration off of his back. And many other scientists have came forward to testifiy to the fact that the Bush administration heavily censored science.

Powell's Books - Censoring Science: Dr. James Hansen and the Truth of Global Warming by Mark Bowen

Synopses & Reviews
Publisher Comments:
From acclaimed writer and physicist Mark Bowen, Censoring Science tells the true story of the Bush administrations censorship of the worlds preeminent climatologist, and the science behind global warming that they do not want you to know.
The facts dont lie:

2005 was the warmest year since the invention of the thermometer.

2006 is on track to become the hottest year ever recorded in the United States.

The six hottest years on record have occurred in the last eight years, and the twenty-two hottest years on record have occurred in the last twenty-six years.

Preeminent climatologist and leading NASA scientist Dr. James Hansen has been studying climate for over three decades. It was his testimony to a Senate committee in 1988 that first brought the threat of global warming to the worlds attention. In January 2006, news broke that the Bush administration had been attempting to censor Dr. Hansenobscuring his message and suppressing the vast body of his scientific work, which unequivocally demonstrates the reality and immense danger of global warming.

Now, for the first time and with unfiltered access, writer and physicist Mark Bowen finally tells the exclusive story of Hansens decades-long battle to bring the truth about global warming to light. Censoring Science illuminates the real science behind global warming and maintains that we can still prevent environmental disaster, while both strengthening our economy and our national security. In the tradition of Ron Suskinds blockbuster bestseller, The Price of Loyalty, Censoring Science exposes the truth behind the administrations spin doctors, and shares the inside story of one of the most important andinfluential scientists of our time.

Synopsis:
From acclaimed writer and physicist Bowen comes the true story of the Bush administration's censorship of the world's preeminent climatologist, and the science behind global warning that the government does not want the public to know.
Synopsis:
The dramatic story of global warming, politics, and the scientist Al Gore calls athe most powerful and consistent voice calling for intelligent action to preserve our planetas environment.a
Censoring Science is the gripping story of the worldas preeminent climatologist, Dr. James Hansen, the apivotal character in the greatest and most politically charged science story of our timea (New Scientist). NASAas leading climate expert, Dr. Hansen, first broke the international news on global warming at a Senate hearing in 1988. Little did he expect the rising storm of politically motivated resistance, denial, and obstruction.

Revealing the extent of the Bush administrationas censorship of Dr. Hansenas findings, Censoring Science sets the record straight with solid scientific facts such as: the eight hottest years on record have occurred in the last decade, and ice is melting at record rates all around the planet. Dr. Hansen shows how we can still prevent environmental disaster if the country and the government are willing to face the truth about global warming.

Dave, once again your profound ignorance on this matter is showing. Man puts more than 130 times as much CO2 in the atmosphere as do vocanos, USGS figures.Comparison of CO2 emissions from volcanoes vs. human activities.

Volcanic Gases and Their Effects

Scientists have calculated that volcanoes emit between about 130-230 million tonnes (145-255 million tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere every year (Gerlach, 1999, 1991). This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts. Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 27 billion tonnes per year (30 billion tons) [ ( Marland, et al., 2006) - The reference gives the amount of released carbon (C), rather than CO2, through 2003.]. Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes--the equivalent of more than 8,000 additional volcanoes like Kilauea (Kilauea emits about 3.3 million tonnes/year)! (Gerlach et. al., 2002)

And there is evidence and research to the CONTRARY.... again.. showing that this is THEORY and not fact being spewed by the global warming alarmists...

From the same research....

"Present-day carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from subaerial and submarine volcanoes are uncertain at the present time." Gerlach (1991)

Not to mention the research and speculation into a Chilean volcano (Chaiten) that has been in a state of full to semi-eruption for over 2 years that is ESTIMATED (see.. I say estimated or theorized) to have put out more CO2 and greenhouse gasses than all of our industry over the same time period...

And Red Dawn... the liberals, however, are spewing theory and research as FACT or proof, when it is neither

How come liberals on this thread are making statements that are backed up by USGS, NASA, IPCC, and other respected and qualified scientific bodies with expertise on climate science....

....while Bush supporters are throwing out unsubstantiated claims like "the earth is cooling, and 1998 was the hottest year ever!". Claims which turn out to be false, but which are never retracted?

Just one more chapter in the ongoing serial documenting how gullible liberals are. How many "crises" do you need to be sucked into before the "duh" moment, and you slap yourself on the forehead? You bought that claim that we need to save the whales, and I'll bet you still have the t-shirt. You probably wore a mesh mask to protect yourself from the killer African bees that were about to cross the southern border. And you must be thankful that you dodged the dreaded heterosexual AIDS epidemic. Now global warming. Listen Chicken Little, its not science, its your keen ken of human nature, psychology and politics that leaves you a whimpering dolt. I blame both your innate intelligence and the government school system for this panic and our political situation.

Wise up.

bingo

of the 3k scientists 9 were climatologists I bet.

Yet at the IPCC meeting, over 600 scientists told them what a farce global warming is.

EVeryone loves saying the IPCC says it so it must be true....the IPCC consists of 50 scientists.

Its such a joke orgnization

More lying bullshit. That meeting in Poland was attended by 11,000 scientists, and the 600 scientists that you refer to, were, for the most part, absent. Not only that, your referance is Inhofe's list of 650, many of whom were quite irate at being on the list, as it was just the opposite of their viewpoint.

I truly find it astounding that you people just mindlessly repeat lies from the rightwingnut sources without ever even checking out the sources. Once again, every scientific society, every National Academy of Science, and every major university in the world is in agreement with the overwhelming scientific consensus that global warming is real, is a clear and present danger, and the primary driver is the GHGs that mankind produces.

Totally wrong. Only by going outside of the US and making his plight known, did Hansen finally get the little censuring bastard assigned to him by the Bush administration off of his back. And many other scientists have came forward to testifiy to the fact that the Bush administration heavily censored science.

Powell's Books - Censoring Science: Dr. James Hansen and the Truth of Global Warming by Mark Bowen

Synopses & Reviews
Publisher Comments:
From acclaimed writer and physicist Mark Bowen, Censoring Science tells the true story of the Bush administrations censorship of the worlds preeminent climatologist, and the science behind global warming that they do not want you to know.
The facts dont lie:

2005 was the warmest year since the invention of the thermometer.

2006 is on track to become the hottest year ever recorded in the United States.

The six hottest years on record have occurred in the last eight years, and the twenty-two hottest years on record have occurred in the last twenty-six years.

Preeminent climatologist and leading NASA scientist Dr. James Hansen has been studying climate for over three decades. It was his testimony to a Senate committee in 1988 that first brought the threat of global warming to the worlds attention. In January 2006, news broke that the Bush administration had been attempting to censor Dr. Hansenobscuring his message and suppressing the vast body of his scientific work, which unequivocally demonstrates the reality and immense danger of global warming.

Now, for the first time and with unfiltered access, writer and physicist Mark Bowen finally tells the exclusive story of Hansens decades-long battle to bring the truth about global warming to light. Censoring Science illuminates the real science behind global warming and maintains that we can still prevent environmental disaster, while both strengthening our economy and our national security. In the tradition of Ron Suskinds blockbuster bestseller, The Price of Loyalty, Censoring Science exposes the truth behind the administrations spin doctors, and shares the inside story of one of the most important andinfluential scientists of our time.

Synopsis:
From acclaimed writer and physicist Bowen comes the true story of the Bush administration's censorship of the world's preeminent climatologist, and the science behind global warning that the government does not want the public to know.
Synopsis:
The dramatic story of global warming, politics, and the scientist Al Gore calls athe most powerful and consistent voice calling for intelligent action to preserve our planetas environment.a
Censoring Science is the gripping story of the worldas preeminent climatologist, Dr. James Hansen, the apivotal character in the greatest and most politically charged science story of our timea (New Scientist). NASAas leading climate expert, Dr. Hansen, first broke the international news on global warming at a Senate hearing in 1988. Little did he expect the rising storm of politically motivated resistance, denial, and obstruction.

Revealing the extent of the Bush administrationas censorship of Dr. Hansenas findings, Censoring Science sets the record straight with solid scientific facts such as: the eight hottest years on record have occurred in the last decade, and ice is melting at record rates all around the planet. Dr. Hansen shows how we can still prevent environmental disaster if the country and the government are willing to face the truth about global warming.
That is one case that I am not even going to accept, and the prevailing reason for this post is to take a jab at Bush because there is no end to your hatred of the man.

More lying bullshit. That meeting in Poland was attended by 11,000 scientists, and the 600 scientists that you refer to, were, for the most part, absent. Not only that, your referance is Inhofe's list of 650, many of whom were quite irate at being on the list, as it was just the opposite of their viewpoint.

I truly find it astounding that you people just mindlessly repeat lies from the rightwingnut sources without ever even checking out the sources. Once again, every scientific society, every National Academy of Science, and every major university in the world is in agreement with the overwhelming scientific consensus that global warming is real, is a clear and present danger, and the primary driver is the GHGs that mankind produces.

so it is too late to panic.
dayum, i loves me a good panic.

looks like you got in on the ground floor, though.:lol:

And there is evidence and research to the CONTRARY.... again.. showing that this is THEORY and not fact being spewed by the global warming alarmists...

From the same research....

"Present-day carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from subaerial and submarine volcanoes are uncertain at the present time." Gerlach (1991)

Not to mention the research and speculation into a Chilean volcano (Chaiten) that has been in a state of full to semi-eruption for over 2 years that is ESTIMATED (see.. I say estimated or theorized) to have put out more CO2 and greenhouse gasses than all of our industry over the same time period...

And Red Dawn... the liberals, however, are spewing theory and research as FACT or proof, when it is neither

Subaerial and submarine CO2 get absorbed by the oceans before it gets to surface. And site your sources for the Chilean volcano. I sited mine, which is the USGS. However, I can also cite several independent sources, that reach the same conclusion.

How Volcanoes Work - volcano climate effects

Just one more chapter in the ongoing serial documenting how gullible liberals are. How many "crises" do you need to be sucked into before the "duh" moment, and you slap yourself on the forehead? You bought that claim that we need to save the whales, and I'll bet you still have the t-shirt. You probably wore a mesh mask to protect yourself from the killer African bees that were about to cross the southern border. And you must be thankful that you dodged the dreaded heterosexual AIDS epidemic. Now global warming. Listen Chicken Little, its not science, its your keen ken of human nature, psychology and politics that leaves you a whimpering dolt. I blame both your innate intelligence and the government school system for this panic and our political situation.

Wise up.

Why don't you wise up? Your posting of strawman, ridicule and invecutive in leiu of a real rebutul based on current scientific literature simply demonstrates the sophmoric nature of your thinking.

Why don't you wise up? Your posting of strawman, ridicule and invecutive in leiu of a real rebutul based on current scientific literature simply demonstrates the sophmoric nature of your thinking.
Consider her a character witness.

Subaerial and submarine CO2 get absorbed by the oceans before it gets to surface. And site your sources for the Chilean volcano. I sited mine, which is the USGS. However, I can also cite several independent sources, that reach the same conclusion.

How Volcanoes Work - volcano climate effects

Trying to google the special recently seen on Science or National Geographic channel (within the past year or so) to cite the scientist who stated this on that show....

But as stated.... you are stating THEORY as FACT... you are stating research as fact... you are stating estimates as fact.... when they are not fact.... which is what you alarmists like to do in an effort to scare people into your belief and your own fears....

That is one case that I am not even going to accept, and the prevailing reason for this post is to take a jab at Bush because there is no end to your hatred of the man.

Crock of shit. There was censorship of science under the prior administration. What you accept and what is reality is too very differant things. The scientists have made their case from the overwhelming evidence that they have collected over two centuries. Your failure to recognize that evidence and their expertise reflects on you, not on them.

Crock of shit. There was censorship of science under the prior administration. What you accept and what is reality is too very differant things. The scientists have made their case from the overwhelming evidence that they have collected over two centuries. Your failure to recognize that evidence and their expertise reflects on you, not on them.

And there you go again CLAIMING 'overwhelming evidence'.. when it is research and theory and nothing more...

Again.. I can claim that because I started smoking in the house and since that time my gas and electric bills have increased, that it is the smoking and emissions causing it... all the while ignoring all the other little factors and without me or anyone else having a complete view into all of what is possibly going on to have effect....

Plus the science into determining historical CO2 and greenhouse gas levels BEFORE ACCURATE HUMAN MEASURING is only theory... there is no proof of their accuracy and different outcomes from similar research are out there....

Theories are theories and facts are facts... what you have is an unproven theory that you and other alarmists CHOOSE to state as fact... to fit your purposes

I think I am overcoming a weakness of mine as we type. I believe what you are doing is called a "red herring" as far as argumentation is concerned. The cenorship of science by one entity does not neutralize or affect in any way that I can reasonably interpret the censorship of science by another entity.

Trying to google the special recently seen on Science or National Geographic channel (within the past year or so) to cite the scientist who stated this on that show....

But as stated.... you are stating THEORY as FACT... you are stating research as fact... you are stating estimates as fact.... when they are not fact.... which is what you alarmists like to do in an effort to scare people into your belief and your own fears....

Fact. The north polar cap is melting.
Fact. The Greenland and Antarctic ice caps are melting.
Fact. The global temperature is continuing to warm.
Fact. Scientists predicts that at some point, the warming would start the release of CH4 from clathrates on the continental shelves. They just did not expect that point to be 2008.

There are many other facts that demonstrate that the warming is happening. There are scientific experiments that verified that CO2 was a GHG were done over a century ago, and have never been challenged. And the predictions made at that time we are seeing today. Experiments done, conclusions made from the data, and now the predictions from those conclusions verified. That is as good as science gets.

Fact. Scientists predicts that at some point, the warming would start the release of CH4 from clathrates on the continental shelves. They just did not expect that point to be 2008.

There are many other facts that demonstrate that the warming is happening. There are scientific experiments that verified that CO2 was a GHG were done over a century ago, and have never been challenged. And the predictions made at that time we are seeing today. Experiments done, conclusions made from the data, and now the predictions from those conclusions verified. That is as good as science gets.

Newsfront RSS

ARCHIVE

Print Page
| Forward Page
| E-mail Us

Global Warming? New Data Shows Ice Is Back

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:55 AM

By: Phil Brennan Article Font Size

Are the world's ice caps melting because of climate change, or are the reports just a lot of scare mongering by the advocates of the global warming theory?
Scare mongering appears to be the case, according to reports from the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) that reveal that almost all the allegedly “lost” ice has come back. A NOAA report shows that ice levels which had shrunk from 5 million square miles in January 2007 to just 1.5 million square miles in October, are almost back to their original levels.
Moreover, a Feb. 18 report in the London Daily Express showed that there is nearly a third more ice in Antarctica than usual, challenging the global warming crusaders and buttressing arguments of skeptics who deny that the world is undergoing global warming.
The Daily express recalls the photograph of polar bears clinging on to a melting iceberg which has been widely hailed as proof of the need to fight climate change and has been used by former Vice President Al Gore during his "Inconvenient Truth" lectures about mankind’s alleged impact on the global climate.
Gore fails to mention that the photograph was taken in the month of August when melting is normal. Or that the polar bear population has soared in recent years.
As winter roars in across the Northern Hemisphere, Mother Nature seems to have joined the ranks of the skeptics.
As the Express notes, scientists are saying the northern Hemisphere has endured its coldest winter in decades, adding that snow cover across the area is at its greatest since 1966. The newspaper cites the one exception — Western Europe, which had, until the weekend when temperatures plunged to as low as -10 C in some places, been basking in unseasonably warm weather.
Around the world, vast areas have been buried under some of the heaviest snowfalls in decades. Central and southern China, the United States, and Canada were hit hard by snowstorms. In China, snowfall was so heavy that over 100,000 houses collapsed under the weight of snow.
Jerusalem, Damascus, Amman, and northern Saudi Arabia report the heaviest falls in years and below-zero temperatures. In Afghanistan, snow and freezing weather killed 120 people. Even Baghdad had a snowstorm, the first in the memory of most residents.
AFP news reports icy temperatures have just swept through south China, stranding 180,000 people and leading to widespread power cuts just as the area was recovering from the worst weather in 50 years, the government said Monday. The latest cold snap has taken a severe toll in usually temperate Yunnan province, which has been struck by heavy snowfalls since Thursday, a government official from the provincial disaster relief office told AFP.
Twelve people have died there, state Xinhua news agency reported, and four remained missing as of Saturday.
An ongoing record-long spell of cold weather in Vietnam's northern region, which started on Jan. 14, has killed nearly 60,000 cattle, mainly bull and buffalo calves, local press reported Monday. By Feb. 17, the spell had killed a total of 59,962 cattle in the region, including 7,349 in the Ha Giang province, 6,400 in Lao Cai, and 5,571 in Bac Can province, said Hoang Kim Giao, director of the Animal Husbandry Department under the Vietnamese Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, according to the Pioneer newspaper.
In Britain the temperatures plunged to -10 C in central England, according to the Express, which reports that experts say that February could end up as one of the coldest in Britain in the past 10 years with the freezing night-time conditions expected to stay around a frigid -8 C until at least the middle of the week. And the BBC reports that a bus company's efforts to cut global warming emissions have led to services being disrupted by cold weather.
Meanwhile Athens News reports that a raging snow storm that blanketed most of Greece over the weekend and continued into the early morning hours on Monday, plunging the country into sub-zero temperatures. The agency reported that public transport buses were at a standstill on Monday in the wider Athens area, while ships remained in ports, public services remained closed, and schools and courthouses in the more severely-stricken prefectures were also closed.
Scores of villages, mainly on the island of Crete, and in the prefectures of Evia, Argolida, Arcadia, Lakonia, Viotia, and the Cyclades islands were snowed in.
More than 100 villages were snowed-in on the island of Crete and temperatures in Athens dropped to -6 C before dawn, while the coldest temperatures were recorded in Kozani, Grevena, Kastoria and Florina, where they plunged to -12 C.
If global warming gets any worse we'll all freeze to death.
© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Print Page
| Forward Page
| E-mail Us

•

Top News
•

POZNAN, Poland, December 18, 2008 - The UN global warming conference which concluded Friday in Poland faced a serious challenge from over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe who criticized the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore. A newly updated U.S. Senate Minority Report was released last week featuring the dissenting voices of over 650 international scientists, many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN.

That "list of 600 scientists" has already been debunked.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/971627-post93.html

Theory - Because there is also results and research and evidence to the contrary and research showing ice increases in other areas
False - As shown many times, even if you only consider the sort term.. And also consider that even with the THEORIES behind historic temps from pre-history, the swings are still within ESTIMATED natural swings of the past
FALSE - You try and use PREDICTION as FACT... oh so typical for an alarmist

There are many other THEORIES and RESEARCH into warming... many involving man effect, many involving cyclical research... there are NOT facts.... just as there were theories a short time ago to the contrary by the same groups of enviro-whackos... and as science and research changes, we will have more theories and more sways in POPULAR theoretical thought behind it... but again, do not go confusing THEORY with FACT as you so easily do

May 27, 2008
Global warming ‘consensus’: 31,000 scientists disagree
Filed under: energy, life, media, news, politics, religion, science — tadcronn @ 12:50 am
Tags: Al Gore, fraud, global warming, scam, scientific consensus
Ads by Google
Global Warming Facts
Are you worried about climate change? Get the facts.
Get Energy Active - Value of Electricity - Supply and Demand - Climate Change - Use Electricity Wisely - Diverse Fuel - Ways to Save Energy Costs - Smart Energy Use

Al Gore and global warm-mongers have won many converts with their claim that 2,500 scientific reviewers of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s report constitutes a “consensus” among scientists that man-made warming is destroying Earth.
Not only have many of those reviewers made it known that they disagree with the U.N. conclusions, but now there is a petition circulated Dr. Arthur Robinson, director of the Oregon Institute for Science and Medicine, signed by more than 31,000 scientists who dispute the theory of man-made global warming. The petition states, in part:
There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.
The 31,000 signers all hold scientific credentials; approximately 9,000 of them hold scientific Ph.D.s.
Robinson held a press conference earlier this month. Although members of the media and Congress were invited, attendance was light.
Robinson points out that over the past 150 years, scientists have found that global temperatures have been predicted with 79 percent accuracy by the sunspot index, which precedes climate changes by about 10 years. CO2, by comparison, has been only 22 percent accurate, and that number has rapidly declined in the past decade as temperatures have dipped and CO2 has continued to rise.
In fact, 70 percent of the Earth’s warming in the past hundred years occurred before 1940, while nearly all of humanity’s industrial emissions have occurred after that date. Since 1940, the climate has only risen 0.2 Celsius.
Robinson notes that the U.N. has never produced any direct evidence that mankind is causing warming, but that the IPCC report is only a summary, written by a handful of authors, of discussions among scientists invited to a U.N. conference

Last edited:

Nice how you cite YOUR single post in a feeble attempt to keep someone from scrolling down further in the thread to see where it could be stated that your claim of debunking was hence debunked....

You could go back and forth all day about which one debunks the next and so on and so on... but one FACT is that these are theories and not facts supported by various groups of various scientists... and another FACT is that there are numerous people with numerous theoretical scenarios and results on BOTH sides of the fence on this one.. and 'popularity' of a theory means nothing in terms of whether it is fact or not... as stated.. over recent history.. MANY MANY MANY popular theories have been thrown aside for new theories and sometimes thrown away as facts disprove the popular theory

AGAIN... if people would just stop trying to assert theory as fact, the discussion and debate into research, findings, etc could probably do a lot more good... but that is not the goal of the alarmist, nor the alarmist poster

Its pays to remember that bush supporters and rightwingers were catastrophically wrong about global warming in the 1990s. They spent that entire decade whining and denying that global warming was even happening at all..

For being so catastrophically wrong on the subject before, it takes a lot of balls to claim that this time you'll be right on global warming; that man has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back