96 Democrats in house block bail-out bill

Discussion in 'Congress' started by oreo, Sep 29, 2008.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,175
    Our government at work. Over the last several days we have seen democrat senate leader Harry Reid, & democrat house leader Nancy Pelosi in front of T.V. cameras at least on 3 different occasions--saying "we have a deal"--"we have a deal"--& again last night at midnight--"we have a deal" on the 700 billion dollar bailout.

Apparently Nancy Pelosi forgot to count the votes in the house. 1/3 of house republicans voted against it while 2/3 of house republicans voted for it.

Now get this! 96 HOUSE DEMOCRATS VOTED AGAINST THIS BILL.

Nancy Pelosi only needed 11 more votes, & she couldn't even get them from her democrat congressional party.

To add insult to injury--Nancy Pelosi gave a 5 minute partisan hateful speech, against you know who--President Bush. Now that's the way for bi-partisanship, & how to get an important bill passed, isn't it?

2. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72

I love how you don't include that if all the Republican's would have voted for it then it wouldve passed with flying colors

3. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    :lol:

so you want completely discount the fact that 67% of Republicans voted NO while laying the blame at the feet of the Dems who delivered 140 votes or 2/3 of their party which is what was agreed upon BEFORE the vote. If it's supposed to be bi-partisan wouldn't it stand to reason that AS MANY Republicans would vote FOR it as Democrats did? yes, indeed...bi-partisan means both parties go in equally....

The Repubs screwed the pooch and ya'll are in panic mode cuz you know that's how the general public is going to read this and since they already blame the Republican party fo this mess, when and if it gets worse because of this failed bill, I wouldn't be surprised to see many Republicans lose their House and Senate seats.

Who gives a fuck what Nancy said about Bush? Everyone fucking hates Bush...if the Repubs want to stand up for Bush then fine... put their own partisan politics ahead of the good of the country... that's how it looks to the public.

4. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    I'm hearing two different narratives from Republicans ...

One where the Republicans are heroes for killing the bill.

And the other where Democrats are villians for killing the bill.

What gives?

5. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    it's called having your cake and eating it too...

It's kind of funny that the Republicans say they'd have voted for it only mean ole Nancy hadn't said Bush fucked up... yet they want credit for voting No too!!

This is going to blow up in their faces.... there's no way they don't know this after watching everything fall apart and it being obvious that all that was needed were 12 Republican votes to make it pass.

140 dems supported this bill... it's not even their bill....hence the House Republicans stalling the negotiations on Friday in order to John McCain to ride to the rescue... I bet he's fucking pissed tonight... he took credit for this bills passage over the weekend and this morning and now he looks like a complete dumbfuck.... it's classic... The Republicans not only continue to betray the American public but now they've fucked their Presidential candidate too... :clap2:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    They are certainly behaving rather erratically lately ...

As you noted this isn't even the Democrats bill. This is Bush's bill and the Republicans were suppposed to be rallied by their new standard bearer, John McCain. What awful "leadership" from both McCain and Bush ... they can't even get their own party to fall in line and support their own bills ...

As much as I can't stand Nancy Pelosi she produced the votes she said she would ...

7. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    :iagree:

I loved how Oreo tried to spin this into being the Democrats fault.

But when this blows up in the republicans faces, all I can do is laugh.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    :iagree:

Again, she provided 2/3 and this wasn't even her bill. Yet it's her fault?

Republican spin game doesn't work when obvious fool is obvious. :eusa_whistle:

9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,224
    He doesn't see the game being played. They wanted the dems to be responsible for this bill. I hope the dems only give them a piece of the money. Do you know this new bill still lets paulson pick his team? So he'll pick the same guys that fucked up walstreet to fix it. I wish the dems would not vote for this until January. Or give the banks a little if any.

Because this bil doesn't fix anything. This is the biggest bank robbery ever. Fdic is not giving loans out to local banks that say they are doing ok. They are shutting the economy down on purpose. It's desaster capitalism. look up naomi klein on the subject. but they scared us into giving them billions before every election. patriot act, iraq, immigration, fisa, and now this last loting of the treasury?

America, i'm ashamed of you and myself for letting them get away with it.

The dems can't afford to let the gop create a wedge issue and steal this election with bullshit. So either 66 percent of the gop back this bush bill or FUCK OFF. imo

10. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,175

Well, it's probably very hard for republicans to vote for this bill, when it was democrats that created this mess in the first place. Note--another thread on this board, that has Bill Clinton agreeing that it was democrats that blocked any new legislation that was trying to reign these agencies in.

Adding insult to injury--Nancy Pelosi insulting their intelligence today, didn't help matters at all.

96 DEMOCRATS--Of Nancy Pelosi's party just voted AGAINST her!