94% of voters in homes WITH a gun support universal background checks

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
These numbers are sky high - one wonders how long until Republicans forsake their sugar-daddy LaPierre and start listening to the American people?

In the wake of another massacre, American voters today support 95 - 4 percent, including 94 - 5 percent among voters in households where there is a gun, universal background checks for gun purchases, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today.

This is the highest level of support for universal background checks since the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll first asked this question in February 2013, in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre.

American voters support 65 - 31 percent a nationwide ban on the sale of assault weapons, also a new high. Voters in gun households support a ban 51 - 43 percent.

Voters support 60 - 36 percent stricter gun laws and a number of specific gun measures:
  • 91 - 7 percent for a ban on the sale of guns to people convicted of a violent crime;
  • 62 - 34 percent for stricter regulation of ammunition sales;
  • 74 - 24 percent for a ban on gun modifications that can make a gun work more like a fully automatic weapon.
If need be Trump/Putin fans you can find more bad news on Bob Mueller's approval rating and sentiment regarding the GOP tax plan. :)

QU Poll Release Detail

These numbers are sky high - one wonders how long until Republicans forsake their sugar-daddy LaPierre and start listening to the American people?

In the wake of another massacre, American voters today support 95 - 4 percent, including 94 - 5 percent among voters in households where there is a gun, universal background checks for gun purchases, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today.

This is the highest level of support for universal background checks since the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll first asked this question in February 2013, in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre.

American voters support 65 - 31 percent a nationwide ban on the sale of assault weapons, also a new high. Voters in gun households support a ban 51 - 43 percent.

Voters support 60 - 36 percent stricter gun laws and a number of specific gun measures:
  • 91 - 7 percent for a ban on the sale of guns to people convicted of a violent crime;
  • 74 - 24 percent for a ban on gun modifications that can make a gun work more like a fully automatic weapon.
If need be Trump/Putin fans you can find more bad news on Bob Mueller's approval rating and sentiment regarding the GOP tax plan. :)

QU Poll Release Detail
Every time I went to purchase a weapon, I have had a FBI background check. I have been approved by the FBI every time. Idiots like you (who probably never owned a gun) are totally clueless about background checks and only drink the liberal kool aid, and repeat like a fucking parrot whatever the libs feed you that day.

I also have a Virginia and Utah conceal carry permit, which required a FBI background check...

QU Poll Release Detail
Every time I went to purchase a weapon, I have had a FBI background check. I have been approved by the FBI every time. Idiots like you (who probably never owned a gun) are totally clueless about background checks and only drink the liberal kool aid, and repeat like a fucking parrot whatever the libs feed you that day.

I also have a Virginia and Utah conceal carry permit, which required a FBI background check...

No background check for a private sale is required in Virginia. That is the loophole that people want closed.

QU Poll Release Detail

No background check for a private sale is required in Virginia. That is the loophole that people want closed.

And when you propose legislation to close it, you add in all sorts of idiocy simply designed to punish law abiding citizens, like writing the laws so that your friend hunting with you performs and illegal "transfer" when he holds your gun while you take a leak.

Trusting gun grabbers to be "reasonable": is like trusting PETA to cater a Barbeque.

QU Poll Release Detail

Christ not the 'loophole' talking point again, how many of the mass shootings were the result of private gun sales without a background check...yeah NONE.

QU Poll Release Detail

So a liberal goes on a rampage in Californication, shoots up kids and adults, but you want to close the Virginia gun loophole of private sales? Geezus, you libtards are whacko nut jobs....

QU Poll Release Detail

And when you propose legislation to close it, you add in all sorts of idiocy simply designed to punish law abiding citizens, like writing the laws so that your friend hunting with you performs and illegal "transfer" when he holds your gun while you take a leak.

Trusting gun grabbers to be "reasonable": is like trusting PETA to cater a Barbeque.
is like trusting PETA to cater a Barbeque
I would love to watch one of those......

QU Poll Release Detail

Christ not the 'loophole' talking point again, how many of the mass shootings were the result of private gun sales without a background check...yeah NONE.

lol, here's one guy who thinks kids should be able to go the gun shop and buy a pistol.

QU Poll Release Detail

So a liberal goes on a rampage in Californication, shoots up kids and adults, but you want to close the Virginia gun loophole of private sales? Geezus, you libtards are whacko nut jobs....

Why lie, are you addicted to lying?

QU Poll Release Detail

lol, here's one guy who thinks kids should be able to go the gun shop and buy a pistol.

Liar, goddamn you tell some whopper lies.

QU Poll Release Detail

QU Poll Release Detail

You just came out against background checks. Checking the age of a buyer is part of that check.

QU Poll Release Detail

Stop wasting my time. That wasn't a private sale in Virginia.

You just came out against background checks. Checking the age of a buyer is part of that check.

Liar, I did no such thing. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: What I did was destroy your dumb ass loophole talking point.

The guy who shot up Californacation didn't have a private sale in Virginia either...

The guy who shot up Californacation didn't have a private sale in Virginia either...

These gun control clowns are intentionally dishonest, spin and half truths is the only way they get gun control laws passed.

Yes I own a gun - Glock 9mmx17 to be precise and practice regularly. You are clearly misguided as to your belief that BG checks are required on all sales. I can go to any of a myriad of gun shows here in Idaho and purchase from an unlicensed dealer without one. I can also go to armslist.com and do the same.

In addition, there are many states (believe over 20 at present) who do not require FBI checks or ANY training to carry concealed - Idaho is but one.

You need to wise up. Nobody is going to "grab yer gun" Pepe. But it's time to tighten things up. It will happen and it will happen soon.

Gun-control rivals team up on bill to fix background-check database

QU Poll Release Detail
and when the military doesn't let people know this person shouldn't have guns so it's not on his record - now what?
and when someone is told to turn their guns in and they don't and no one follows up, now what?

we have enough laws. we need to enforce them.

huge difference.

or - simply tell me how a universal background check would have made a damn bit of difference in those 2 recent cases. or any of them to be honest. hell the orlando killer had government clearance which is more than you or i would go through in a "universal" background check.

Last edited:
Oh look!! It's another pole!!! By a University!!!

Just remember; Lies, damned lies and statistics........ :thup:

Forum List

Back