92 Percent of the people that lost their jobs since 09 were women

Republicans ruin the economy, then blame it on Democrats. Amazing. Is there anything they finger they don't turn to shit?

Adjusted for the inflation of the last 3 years the down really looks more like 11,000, but I understand how the number is comforting.
Wrong again! $12,163
Why do you hate this great country so much that you always have to make it look worse???

12940 * .0831 (8.31%) = 1075

12940-1075 = 11865

Yeah you were right, I just did the math in my head real fast and said 11,000, its 11.8 adjusted for inflation.

Not trying to make things look good or bad, just trying to make them look like what they are.

Even if it's only 11,865, that's still better than the 7,000 it was at when Obama took over.

The state of the economy 3.5 years ago when he took over can be laid at bush's feet...the state of the economy for for the last 2 years however can be laid at Obama's feet.

And, considering the death spiral the economy was in when Jr. left, I think Obama has handled it fairly well.

The Dow is back over 12,000 (almost 13,000), unemployment is dropping.
Adjusted for the inflation of the last 3 years the down really looks more like 11,000, but I understand how the number is comforting.

What does it look like for the course of Bush's 8 years, adjusted for inflation?

Wrong again! $12,163
Why do you hate this great country so much that you always have to make it look worse???

12940 * .0831 (8.31%) = 1075

12940-1075 = 11865

Yeah you were right, I just did the math in my head real fast and said 11,000, its 11.8 adjusted for inflation.

Not trying to make things look good or bad, just trying to make them look like what they are.

Even if it's only 11,865, that's still better than the 7,000 it was at when Obama took over.
They know that, but they can't admit anything is better now than when the Bush Regime ended so they have to try to diminish any and every accomplishment.

Why does Papa Obama pay women less?

Actually, it's not the President who determines what a company will pay, it's the company itself, and many companies pay women at a rate that is generally 33 percent lower than their male counterparts.

If a person is working for the goverment in a military capacity? They are paid at the same rate as those of their same rank. Same thing for civilian jobs, if you're a GS-5, you're paid at the same rate as every other GS-5 in government service.

You should ask why is it that the greedy CEO's who get large tax breaks pay women less?

Well Bush's second term did pretty much blow (and his first term left something to be desired). But I'd point out that its the Dems in Congress that created the foreclosure crisis. And with the exception of Dodd, about all of those same dil holes are still in office. America deserves what it gets if they want to keep empowering crooks.

So originally you blame obama for something that occured on W's watch and then in a desperatre attemp to CYA instead of admiting that you were WRONG you try to blame the dem controlled congress?? Really??

Either way you spin it your original argument was about the president who was in office at the time not the congress so care to explain how obama should be to blame for the numbers that occured on W's watch??

Furhtermore, do you think this attempt to shift from president to congress as you run away from your own numbers that target W makes your argument look better or worse??

I still blame Obama. Just b/c 08 isn't on him; that doesn't erase 09-12. There's no cya.

And you know as well as I do that it was the Dems that rejected oversight of Fanny and Freddy. They not only rejected it, they condemned Republicans for even suggesting it. So stop drinking the kool aid.

And stop pretending that I'm deflecting. If I was deflecting I wouldn't have said, "well Bush's second term did pretty much blow." Idiot.

Fanny and Freddy.

You DO know that it was sub-prime mortgages (and people with perfectly respectable credit-ratings were red-lined into those risky mortgages) that were the largest portion of defaulted mortgages and the largest factor leading to the housing collapse. You also know that Freddy and Fanny had nothing to do with those types of loans.

Of course you do. :slap:

Killing babies. :lol: The Daily Show made fun of people like you.

Sigh....justifying one's political positions based on a TV show on Comedy Central. How much further can the Democratic Party slide?

images

So originally you blame obama for something that occured on W's watch and then in a desperatre attemp to CYA instead of admiting that you were WRONG you try to blame the dem controlled congress?? Really??

Either way you spin it your original argument was about the president who was in office at the time not the congress so care to explain how obama should be to blame for the numbers that occured on W's watch??

Furhtermore, do you think this attempt to shift from president to congress as you run away from your own numbers that target W makes your argument look better or worse??

I still blame Obama. Just b/c 08 isn't on him; that doesn't erase 09-12. There's no cya.

And you know as well as I do that it was the Dems that rejected oversight of Fanny and Freddy. They not only rejected it, they condemned Republicans for even suggesting it. So stop drinking the kool aid.

And stop pretending that I'm deflecting. If I was deflecting I wouldn't have said, "well Bush's second term did pretty much blow." Idiot.

Fanny and Freddy.

You DO know that it was sub-prime mortgages (and people with perfectly respectable credit-ratings were red-lined into those risky mortgages) that were the largest portion of defaulted mortgages and the largest factor leading to the housing collapse. You also know that Freddy and Fanny had nothing to do with those types of loans.

This is just a total f'ing exercise in mind numbing stupidity. Millions of people were approved for mortgages they had no business taking. And there were plenty others that got into that Arm nonsense. Don't give me spin and tell me that Fanny and Freddy weren't at the center of the housing collapse.

And it f'ing kills me that you think you're being especially smart. Well you do know that... I know that you sound like a pseudo intellectual and a hack giving me such nonsense.

Last edited:

Fanny and Freddy.

This is just a total f'ing exercise in mind numbing stupidity. Millions of people were approved for mortgages they had no business taking. And there were plenty others that got into that Arm nonsense. Don't give me spin and tell me that Fanny and Freddy weren't at the center of the housing collapse.

And it f'ing kills me that you think you're being especially smart. Well you do know that... I know that you're sound like a pseudo intellectual and a hack giving me the nonsense that you just gave me. Please QFT.

It's common fucking (<---- see, you can spell out the whole word here)knowledge. Sorry it doesn't go along with what you were trying to sell, but its true.

And you know that, too.

:fu:

^^^

Dude. Seriously; research Fanny and Freddy for 5 f'ing minutes and you'll realize how much they f'd stuff up. You sound like and imbecile to be totally truthful.

^^^

Dude. Seriously; research Fanny and Freddy for 5 f'ing minutes and you'll realize how much they f'd stuff up. You sound like and imbecile to be totally truthful.

Oh, gee, some douche bag on the internet thinks I'm an imbecile, whatever shall I do?

Here's a hint, I did research it, while everything was blowing up, and you're wrong. No big deal, I bet you get that a lot.

92 Percent of the people that lost their jobs since 09 were women

Bullshit.

PolitiFact | Romney campaign says women were hit hard by job losses under Obama

Romney's website said that women account for 92.3 percent of jobs lost under Obama.

By comparing job figures with January 2009 and March 2012 and weighing them against women’s job figures from the same periods, Saul came up with 92.3 percent. The numbers are accurate but quite misleading. First, Obama cannot be held entirely accountable for the employment picture on the day he took office, just as he could not be given credit if times had been booming. Second, by choosing figures from January 2009, months into the recession, the statement ignored the millions of jobs lost before then, when most of the job loss fell on men. In every recession, men are the first to take the hit, followed by women. It's a historical pattern, Stevenson told us, not an effect of Obama's policies.

There is a small amount of truth to the claim, but it ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False.

wait first 92% is a HUGE number,

second they say he cant be blamed for jan 09? What? They gave him a peace prize that month. When does his term start? I bet these people blamed REagan in 82 for the crap CArter gave him, but see Reagan had results and crushed Mondale for reelection.

Third Now men lose their jobs first? Do we need govenment regulation to stop that and make it more fair?

Those 2 reasons are lame. I'm stunned 92% is accurate, that is incredible. When should we start counting? And if we do would the women's losses be even a highter percentage? And when do men stop losing jobs?

Apparently the 92% number isn't entirely accurate, but in any case, it makes perfect sense that the majority of job losses in recent years would be felt by women because when a bunch of men who are laborers get laid off from their factories, all of a sudden there are less women working as waitresses and in other service-oriented jobs as a result.

When the production side of our economy takes a hit, it just ripples from there. There have been half a million government job losses over the last 14 months due to tightening budgets all across our land, and women tend to fill out public school teacher jobs and other jobs that were lost.

These women are worried. They want to work and in many cases, they need to provide for a child or more on their own.

I believe they will vote for the candidate who, at the debate, can look into the camera and tell us what they'll do, more than I think they'll vote for the candidate who only talks smack about the other guy without offering up a clear plan of their own.

New Topics

Forum List

Back