911 How Did It Work In NY NY?

Tonight's Drudge Headlines.
Union Fights Rumors Of Worker Slow-Down During Blizzard Clean-Up...
NYC Subway Lines STILL Suspended - Commuters Cry Foul...
City Struggles Through Massive Airport Backlog...
Will Anarchy Break Out?
Passenger Outrage...
Some Travelers Won't Get Out Until Next YEAR...
Newborn dies in apartment lobby 9 hours after 911 called...
Brooklyn Woman Waits 30 Hours For Ambulance...
Bloomberg: 'I'm angry too'...
New Yorkers, stop complaining...
DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

Am I a Big Government Guy??? No. Not at all. I know when I'm being hosed. How about you? You think Manhattan is the priority??? Not after the work day ends Einstein. Bloomberg is a Pompous Ass, and you are showing yourself to be of the same vein. Welcome to New York, land of fines, fee's, and penalties, unless you know somebody. Land of the Privileged Elite and those who serve their whims. Well I'm neither. I'm not impressed with Power or Union's for that matter. You give an honest day's work a bad name. It's the People that make things run, not mid-level bureaucratic Whores. This was a bad, bad, fuck up, and it's going to effect you, if you are a part of it. The natives are tired of the bullshit.

No it wasn't. It's working exactly like the "fiscal conservatives" wanted it to. The Sanitation department has, through attrition, cut it's numbers down from 7,700 to 7,000 people. They demoted foremen..and made them regular workers. Pay is frozen. That number of Santiation people is the same number of people there were in 1997. You live here..you should know all this. Add in they've been closing firehouses, schools, subway kiosks and hospitals. Almost every service the city provides has been cut..except police. Bloomberg's been doing pretty good with budgets..and crime is down. But subways..sanitation..and just about everything else is getting worse in terms of service.

So it's one thing or the other. Raise taxes..or cut services. You can't cut taxes and raise services.

wasnt in in So California that a woman called 9-1-1 because McD's ran out of chicken nuggets?

Tonight's Drudge Headlines.
Union Fights Rumors Of Worker Slow-Down During Blizzard Clean-Up...
NYC Subway Lines STILL Suspended - Commuters Cry Foul...
City Struggles Through Massive Airport Backlog...
Will Anarchy Break Out?
Passenger Outrage...
Some Travelers Won't Get Out Until Next YEAR...
Newborn dies in apartment lobby 9 hours after 911 called...
Brooklyn Woman Waits 30 Hours For Ambulance...
Bloomberg: 'I'm angry too'...
New Yorkers, stop complaining...
DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

Am I a Big Government Guy??? No. Not at all. I know when I'm being hosed. How about you? You think Manhattan is the priority??? Not after the work day ends Einstein. Bloomberg is a Pompous Ass, and you are showing yourself to be of the same vein. Welcome to New York, land of fines, fee's, and penalties, unless you know somebody. Land of the Privileged Elite and those who serve their whims. Well I'm neither. I'm not impressed with Power or Union's for that matter. You give an honest day's work a bad name. It's the People that make things run, not mid-level bureaucratic Whores. This was a bad, bad, fuck up, and it's going to effect you, if you are a part of it. The natives are tired of the bullshit.

No it wasn't. It's working exactly like the "fiscal conservatives" wanted it to. The Sanitation department has, through attrition, cut it's numbers down from 7,700 to 7,000 people. They demoted foremen..and made them regular workers. Pay is frozen. That number of Santiation people is the same number of people there were in 1997. You live here..you should know all this. Add in they've been closing firehouses, schools, subway kiosks and hospitals. Almost every service the city provides has been cut..except police. Bloomberg's been doing pretty good with budgets..and crime is down. But subways..sanitation..and just about everything else is getting worse in terms of service.

So it's one thing or the other. Raise taxes..or cut services. You can't cut taxes and raise services.

I get it Einstein. What is it exactly you get paid not to do for the City? How about a Parks Department that refuses to prune trees? How about a Sanitation Dept, paid to not pick up garbage, missing pick up days? How about Cop's refusing to write Reports? Reported Crime is down because people have given up reporting, all but the most serious stuff. I have no interest in what is your's or what you have earned honestly Sallow. Don't misunderstand my point. Don't tell me that the solution is one from Column A two from column B either. There are more options. You act like a cop staked out in plain view on the GCP wondering why nobody is speeding. Today is happy fare hike day, for the Troll Bridges and tunnels, and Subways. What are we not paying for ten times over? I can't make a phone call without subsidizing the Subways. I don't need a lecture from you on how I need to pay more, while you vote yourself a raise.

Fail in preparing for the storm.
Fail in not declaring a Snow Emergency. Fail in not getting Salt under what became an
Ice Pack, effecting even plows and Emergency Vehicles.
Fail in the MTA, not taking necessary measures in operation of the trains and rescue.
Fail in the stranded passengers at the 3 Airports that will most likely still be stranded until after New Years.

You want more play money to mismanage what?

There is something I didn't realize about NY. They use garbage trucks to plow some of their streets. I find that procedure strange. The blades attached to these trucks are not really plows. They just push the snow straight ahead. Most snow plows push the snow aside thereby clearing much more snow ...much faster. It seems to me that a front loader bucket fixed to the forks of a garbage truck would be much more efficient. The snow could be scooped up and dumped into waiting trucks or even flipped back into the garbage truck like they do with dumpsters clearing and REMOVING the snow with the same vehicle.

Monday morning there were 50,000 911 calls in NY City. 40,000 of the calls were non emergencies. The volume overwhelmed the 911 lines. This is what will happen in a REAL emergency that affects a large city. New Yorkers are morons. I understand that 10,000 of the calls were from a certain "Liability".

Discuss...

Huggy, old scout, it gives me no pleasure to inform you that you aint seen nothin'. You can bomb, burn and infect London with the plague and it will business as usual the next day. One inch of snow, on the other hand, the whole metropolis is locked-down by the mayor and his army of snivelling minions. Honestly, the chaos a few flakes of snow can cause and the paranoia that ensues on my side of the pond is, quite frankly, embarrassing. Ask any American who's been in London during the last few winters and they'll confirm it.

Seriously, forget the emergency calls, we're too busy rewriting our wills.

Last edited:
Monday morning there were 50,000 911 calls in NY City. 40,000 of the calls were non emergencies. The volume overwhelmed the 911 lines. This is what will happen in a REAL emergency that affects a large city. New Yorkers are morons. I understand that 10,000 of the calls were from a certain "Liability".

Discuss...

Huggy, old scout, it gives me no pleasure to inform you that you aint seen nothin'. You can bomb, burn and infect London with the plague and it will business as usual the next day. One inch of snow, on the other hand, the whole metropolis is locked-down by the mayor and his army of snivelling minions. Honestly, the chaos a few flakes of snow can cause and the paranoia that ensues on my side of the pond is, quite frankly, embarrassing. Ask any American who's been in London during the last few winters and they'll confirm it.

Seriously, forget the emergency calls, we're too busy rewriting our wills.

:lol: We don't get a lot of snow every year out here in the NW but every 4 or 5 years we can get up to three feet at a time. Plus many of us ski as kids on up to twenties until we figure out how dangerous it really is...:lol: so we laugh at the rest of our country when they get "snow hysteria". This thing in NY is just an average bad snowstorm out here. When I lived in Boulder Colorado that kind of thing happens every year..sometimes several times in the winter. People don't realize what they really need to do is just stay off the roads ..and don't get caught up in it. The cars blocking the roads should be dragged off with Caterpillar tractors and confiscated by the city. Their owners are clearly too stupid to own them in a crisis situation.

New York and the Mayor need to take a big hit on this one....In the past when six snow flakes hit the ground we would get a snow plow every 30-60 mins...I did not see a snow plow once Sunday night.On my way to work I passed the Sanitation Dept in my area.There were 20 Sanitation trucks with plows just sitting idle buried in snow....they never moved through out the storm...

There should be an investigation into charges that the union staged a work slowdown because of upcoming layoffs due to budget issues.

People call 911 when their Chicken McNuggets are cold,so I don't blame some for calling 911 when they can't get car service or other means of transport to the local medical center.

There is something I didn't realize about NY. They use garbage trucks to plow some of their streets. I find that procedure strange. The blades attached to these trucks are not really plows. They just push the snow straight ahead. Most snow plows push the snow aside thereby clearing much more snow ...much faster. It seems to me that a front loader bucket fixed to the forks of a garbage truck would be much more efficient. The snow could be scooped up and dumped into waiting trucks or even flipped back into the garbage truck like they do with dumpsters clearing and REMOVING the snow with the same vehicle.

The garbage trucks fitted with plows have the ability to push the snow on an angle towards the parked cars.The street gets cleaned but the parked cars are screwed.The Main streets usually get taken care of.The side streets are narrower and they get no attention from the city at all.

New York usually jumps right in on any storm but this time maybe workers were on vacation for the holidays but in an emergency they usually call those folks in.all hands on deck.

That's why there must be some truth in the stories all over now that the Supervisors held back crews in protest of the upcoming layoffs.:eusa_naughty:

Are all you whining Nyers conservatives who want small government too?

LOL~!

Talk about morons!

Wow I never knew NYers to be such whiny bitches.

Yeh I get a little cranky when a 1 1/2 hr drive takes over 4 hrs because the sanitation dept got a little whiney when they are gonna lose a few members from the union brotherhood due to bad times in this Obama economy.They either didn't plow or they did a lousy job of it when they showed up.

Another typical union move....they get their panties a little soiled and they strike or do a slowdown of some kind.:( waaaaaa!

Forum List

Back