911...and a question...

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
I'm watching a replay of the events of September 11, 2001...

At the time, no one knew the size and scope of the attack...

Question:
Which government official(s) would have the authority to order a domestic aircraft carrying American citizens shot down by US fighter jets?

Question:
Which government official(s) would have the authority to order a domestic aircraft carrying American citizens shot down by US fighter jets?

Please, this is not the day for this bullshit

Question:

Please, this is not the day for this bullshit

WTF is that supposed to mean ?

Question:

The President as Commander in Chief.

I always find the really interesting bit of 9/11 history to be who made the call to ground all the aircraft. I looked that up once and its actually a pretty interesting story.

The Day of the Attack
Cheney Authorized Shooting Down Planes

By Dana Milbank
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, June 18, 2004; Page A01

At 10:39 on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, Vice President Cheney, in a bunker beneath the White House, told Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld in a videoconference that he had been informed earlier that morning that hijacked planes were approaching Washington.
Cheney Authorized Shooting Down Planes (washingtonpost.com)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1YTsfbYhr0]YouTube - Minetta implies Cheney gave stand down order[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AvQXW0Zn3M]YouTube - 9/11 Truth: Lee Hamilton Confirms Norman Mineta's Testimony?[/ame]

Forum List

Back