90 year old marries 15 year old/pays 17k dowry

Some stupid people in Saudi, the religious men went nuts, and the family was probably poor and needed money. Either way most people would never do that there. If I was related to the girl there would be trouble in the family.

I can't imagine selling a child into marriage....sexual slavery in this case. I can not fathom the idea.

Good for the bride though...she said...na uh...can't touch this!

I can't imagine selling a child into marriage....sexual slavery in this case. I can not fathom the idea.

Good for the bride though...she said...na uh...can't touch this!

Yeah I would never let that happen in my family, in Arabic countries families are huge and have linage and many families can be strikingly different in their cultural ways. Not language, etc. But approach. If you've never been to an Arabic country you can't tell....:cool:

The policy over there also doesn't make sense on certain issue, not even on the religious level. But the King doesn't have any religious influence and he can't even read Arabic well. I think Saudi Arabia will see an uprising in the next 5 years and if it succeeds it will change the Middle East.

Indeed it is not the most pleasant thought..but many places in Europe and north america where age of consent is as low as 14 or 15 and streets are full of discarded youth that that have high risk sex with adult strangers daily.. at least this girl is married to one man and one that will not be around for long and will have some financial security for the rest of her life as a widow..not saying its good just saying we have even bigger problems and they are closer to home

Indeed it is not the most pleasant thought..but many places in Europe and north america where age of consent is as low as 14 or 15 and streets are full of discarded youth that that have high risk sex with adult strangers daily.. at least this girl is married to one man and one that will not be around for long and will have some financial security for the rest of her life as a widow..not saying its good just saying we have even bigger problems and they are closer to home

Kiki doesn't have an political agenda, I think she just found it interesting in a way and also wrong/weird, I agree with her too....but it seems news from the Middle East being presented is always negative, the media doesn't show positive things in a good light in that region. Giving people misunderstandings and stereotypical approach to things there.

yeah, its true i hated to mention their races...

i'd like to know more about the family...are their other children? that poverty stricken that selling one child would save the rest? no other solution?

or, perhaps it is just the way things are done. i would eat my dog first...

yeah, its true i hated to mention their races...

i'd like to know more about the family...are their other children? that poverty stricken that selling one child would save the rest? no other solution?

or, perhaps it is just the way things are done. i would eat my dog first...

I'm not sure about the specific family, I'd have to find an Arabic article and translate it for you. There are very poor people like that but my guess would be they expect their daughter to make a false sacrifice to get money for the family and then run away. I'm not sure, but if he forced the marriage than the government is responsible for allowing that.

Forum List

Back