90 Minutes In Heaven

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Have you ever know someone who has had a near death experience?

Hubby and I was the movie 90 Minutes In Heaven this weekend. We both read the book as well.....

I encourage you to read this book by Don Piper. It's an easy read, and could be transformational in your life....

You do know that he admitted that his experience was a hoax, right?

Having been dead myself I was happy to have the opportunity to read his book, and I was deeply disappointed by the utter bullshit he wrote.

Nothing but lies. The Other Side is not in any way like he described it.

last thing like that i read was conversations with god....oddly an interesting book if god is totally on board with the concept of no sin....

There's always a book like that out there and many Christians are gullible. Not that they all lie but the mind is capable of making dreams seem real.

Having been dead myself I was happy to have the opportunity to read his book, and I was deeply disappointed by the utter bullshit he wrote.

Perhaps you are thinking of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, which was a confessed hoax. Don Piper (Ninety Minutes in Heaven) stands by his account. In fact, he turned down a Hollywood Script that wanted to embellish his story. He agreed to another who agreed to simply follow the book.

From what I have been able to find, while there have been people who don't believe Don Piper was in heaven, or that it was just his brain on overload, Mr. Piper himself says what happened, happened.

See Meriweather's post

Don Piper did not even want to tell anyone and wanted to remain in heaven. Who Are we to judge or say differently?

Perhaps you are thinking of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, which was a confessed hoax. Don Piper (Ninety Minutes in Heaven) stands by his account. In fact, he turned down a Hollywood Script that wanted to embellish his story. He agreed to another who agreed to simply follow the book.

From what I have been able to find, while there have been people who don't believe Don Piper was in heaven, or that it was just his brain on overload, Mr. Piper himself says what happened, happened.
When you're conditioned all your life to think that when you die you go to a certain place that looks a certain way, well, when your brain goes comatose, it lessens the shock to you by playing you a movie of what you're expecting to see when you die. In other words, your brain tricks you into feeling good about a really bad physical experience of being close to getting turned off completely.

And anyways, what makes everyone who gets near death and have this happen to them always think they made it to heaven and nobody's ever seen hell?

Hubby and I was the movie 90 Minutes In Heaven this weekend. We both read the book as well.....

I encourage you to read this book by Don Piper. It's an easy read, and could be transformational in your life....
My Father in Law was dead for 15 minutes from drowning, yet all he said he saw was, nothing...

My Father in Law was dead for 15 minutes from drowning, yet all he said he saw was, nothing...
Depends on your spiritual condition

And anyways, what makes everyone who gets near death and have this happen to them always think they made it to heaven and nobody's ever seen hell?

There are a few stories out there of people who did say they returned from hell--and it changed their lives.

When you're conditioned all your life to think that when you die you go to a certain place that looks a certain way, well, when your brain goes comatose, it lessens the shock to you by playing you a movie of what you're expecting to see when you die. In other words, your brain tricks you into feeling good about a really bad physical experience of being close to getting turned off completely.

One of the most memorable accounts is by (if I recall correctly) a Russian atheist, who was not raised with this "conditioning" at all. People of other faiths when reporting their near death experiences report the same types of experience, but relate them to people and places of their own faith.

It's not logical to dismiss these things out of hand. If you are going to read up on things, read all of it....

Picking and choosing is never an informed or intelligent way to approach truth seeking

It's not logical to dismiss these things out of hand. If you are going to read up on things, read all of it....
I just dismiss you out of hand, you're a fruitcake.

A lot better stories about reincarnation where little kids have described neighbourhoods and people half a world away that they couldn't possibly have known anything about. That trumps your measly heaven fantasy.

There are a few stories out there of people who did say they returned from hell--and it changed their lives.
Ya, sinners and realists who deep down knew they never had a chance at heaven. :D

Forum List

Back