9 Yr Olds Abortion Draws Catholic Excommunication

No, seriously. Seek help for your "spawn of rape potential custody issues" fantasy.

PS..I don't think the children of rape would prefer death.

Just waiting on CG to neg us on this.

I will not 'neg', however, this is ONE parish in Brazil. This does not define the Catholic Church worldwide.

Wait....a parish priest has the power to excommunicate?

In the Catholic Church a Pastor has strong Authority on Parish Property. A Bishop or Pope would have more indirect authority, more like through appeal. You are projecting allot of bias in matters you have little understanding of. Peach is right on here. There are matters of Pastor Discretion that are not as cut and dry as you paint them.

In this case, Personally, I would side with the Life of the Girl, and Prosecute Step Dad to the fullest extent of the Law.

How is this justified? The girl was raped and giving birth would have killed her.

MIGHT have killed her. The end result was not conclusive.

Bad decision by the priest.

Women have no right to life anyway, the fetus's rights trump their rights.

The 9 yr. old was probably dressed provocatively and led her step-father on, he probably couldn't resist. You can't blame him, he was tempted and was weak.

Why would a rapist get parental rights? That doesn't make sense. He had no right to violate the mother, why give him an opportunity to violate the child?

In this case, we are talking about a grown man who raped a nine year old having parental rights to the twin children that resulted from his rape.
Parental rights are a constitutional thing.

As long as the law would support a rapist having control over his victim's schedule and access to his victim's child for 18+ years, the law better allow the victim to get rid of that fetus before it becomes a pawn for the rapist's further abuse.

That's some sick shit to allow the rapist to force his victim to conform her schedule to his visitation demands - not to mention allowing him access to the impressionable child's mind.
As far as I know, abortion is quite legal. Thank goodness.

(It is sick shit to allow a rapist that, but I don't want parental rights compromised at all. Yet another fine reason to keep abortion legal.)

Forum List

Back