9 Years Into Common Core, Test Scores Are Down, Indoctrination Up

It was a big mistake...and a whole generation is paying the price.....

Stop federal interference and federal taxes being collected and then doled back to the states with all these strings attached. Let each state put its own price tag on how much they value education.

It is foolish to call the current curriculum "indoctrination," but the red tape, endless paperwork and horseshit involved in pleasing the feds who take our money and then give it back "if," is sucking too much time and energy from our already challenged schools.

Maybe people like the OP will shut up, then, about this stupid "indoctrination" shit.

Stop federal interference and federal taxes being collected and then doled back to the states with all these strings attached. Let each state put its own price tag on how much they value education.

It is foolish to call the current curriculum "indoctrination," but the red tape, endless paperwork and horseshit involved in pleasing the feds who take our money and then give it back "if," is sucking too much time and energy from our already challenged schools.

Maybe people like the OP will shut up, then, about this stupid "indoctrination" shit.
Race, sexual preference being shoved down the throats of children as well as junk science while ignoring teaching American history is exactly that - indoctrination.

There is doctrination when the superior beings in Washington and Texas decided that education was going to be a social experiment. We stopped teaching reading and started teaching about gays, lesbians, bilinguals and blacks. Stop the indoctrination and just teach reading, math, history and geography. See how we do on the tests then.

Math and science must be emphasized. THOSE are where we need the help. History should take a distant second fiddle. History won't pay the bills. Common core came about because of whiny snivelling people crying for more accountability....they got what they were asking for and I hope they are happy. They got their wish.

Math and science must be emphasized. THOSE are where we need the help. History should take a distant second fiddle. History won't pay the bills. Common core came about because of whiny snivelling people crying for more accountability....they got what they were asking for and I hope they are happy. They got their wish.
Math and science needs to be emphasized and taught by great teachers who can get the students to love their subjects. Reading and language emphasized in early grades, then reading and math, then comes science and history to foster a respect for our country which is also important.

Love for learning comes from the kid and the parents. I never expected a teacher to instill that in any of my kids. That comes from the family. Respect for country also comes from the home and parents first and foremost. Until the family unit is fixed, many kids will continue to struggle. Too many parents expect the schools to raise their kids. Then they wonder why kids struggle. They are too busy working, or the homes are so dysfunctional there is no emphasis on learning. It's a vicious cycle. Until this is fixed, no teacher is going to fix the kids.

Math and science needs to be emphasized and taught by great teachers who can get the students to love their subjects. Reading and language emphasized in early grades, then reading and math, then comes science and history to foster a respect for our country which is also important.

Please explain to me how we are now going to recruit AND RETAIN these "Great teachers" in schools where there are already blistering shortages. Please do this in the real world, and not pie in the sky fantasy-spinning. Because as it is, no one wants to pay teachers to teach children who do not have the home life, discipline or drive to learn.

Please explain to me how we are now going to recruit AND RETAIN these "Great teachers" in schools where there are already blistering shortages. Please do this in the real world, and not pie in the sky fantasy-spinning. Because as it is, no one wants to pay teachers to teach children who do not have the home life, discipline or drive to learn.
Teaching is not only a job, sometimes it is a calling. For those teachers, they want to teach in the inner city because that is where they need the "really good" teachers.

Even though these children are often in "crisis environments" it doesn't mean that the parents don't care. They seek out help when they have bonded with a teacher. And that teacher can make a difference.

I was one of those teachers. I taught the children, and sometimes helped train parents. And it did make a difference. I loved my job.

All is proceeding as planned.

Next up: stop testing because of poor scores.

9 Years Into Common Core, Test Scores Are Down, Indoctrination Up.

I know, let's have kids cut class more protesting guns and global warming.

That should help.
Higher education many times is a joke. I was hoping with Trumps attempt to foster Free Speech on some campuses might help turn back this indoctrination. Have the kids (or their parents) start suing colleges and professors for being so biased they won't listen to the other side.

Teaching is not only a job, sometimes it is a calling. For those teachers, they want to teach in the inner city because that is where they need the "really good" teachers.

Even though these children are often in "crisis environments" it doesn't mean that the parents don't care. They seek out help when they have bonded with a teacher. And that teacher can make a difference.

I was one of those teachers. I taught the children, and sometimes helped train parents. And it did make a difference. I loved my job.

So you are saying that teachers now need to not only teach children content, but train parents on how to parent. I mean at least be honest in what you're asking teachers to do here.

And this is exactly why teachers are burning out after five years. Listen, I love teaching and can't imagine doing anything else. But all these folks on this forum harping on teachers this and that. Let's be upfront on the fact that we are also training up parents on how to parent. So, we are surrogate parents as well.

So you are saying that teachers now need to not only teach children content, but train parents on how to parent. I mean at least be honest in what you're asking teachers to do here.

And this is exactly why teachers are burning out after five years. Listen, I love teaching and can't imagine doing anything else. But all these folks on this forum harping on teachers this and that. Let's be upfront on the fact that we are also training up parents on how to parent. So, we are surrogate parents as well.
I would tayher call it "working with a parent for a desired outcome for their child.
Often I would help parents make a chart and enter tasks or behavior they would like to see with their child. Give them gold stars to put next to the behavior and give them an extrinsic prize for raching their goal. It should be watching their favorite shows,getting their favorite meal, renting a movie, etc,

Forum List

Back