9 year old exercises his "freedom" by shooting his sister in the head.

Something tells me the boy was not exercising his freedom, that he was not free to shoot his sister. Not only did the law not allow it, but neither did his parents.

That's not really the point here is it?

The reason he was able to shoot his sister was because of the gun. Why was there a gun in the house? Why was he able to get a gun? Because of the 2A, the NRA, the attitude towards guns in the US.

The NRA? Lets say the kid got a hold of a single shot .22 to kill his sister. Are you saying that this to is a gun that should be banned?

Mark

US boy, 9, 'kills sister over video game'

Only in America.

A 13-year-old girl in Mississippi has died after allegedly being shot by her nine-year-old brother over a video game, police say.

They said the boy grabbed a gun on Saturday afternoon after his sister would not give up the controller.

He allegedly shot her from behind, and the bullet entered her brain.

A local sheriff announced on Sunday that the teen had died of her injuries in a Memphis hospital. It was unclear how the boy obtained the gun.

It is also unclear what consequences the nine-year-old will face.

"He's just nine," Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell told the Clarion Ledger.

"I assume he's seen this on video games or TV. I don't know if he knew exactly what this would do. I can't answer that. I do know it's a tragedy."

Every time people are like "This is unbelievable", how can it be, it happens all the time.

Will the right come out and say it's not the gun's fault? That without this gun this kid would just have used a chair and put it through her brain?

The fault lies with the parents, or the adult who owns the gun.

Okay. How do you solve that problem? Or don't you?

Do you say "We can't do anything about stupid parents, and we can't do anything about guns, so we can't do anything ever"?

That sounds like a country that's dying to me.

Personally, I solved the problem by removing all guns from my house until my kids were in their teens. Not because I'm not a responsible gun owner, not because I didn't teach my kids proper gun safety, but because kids are kids. No matter what, they're curious little turds and will always find a way to get into shit, albeit it innocently in most cases.

That being said, there are laws in most states, if not all, that call for the prosecution of the gun owner in cases such as the one outlined in the OP. I know for a fact that California has very strict laws regarding the safe storage of firearms. But, and this is key, the laws mean nothing to some folks.

There is nothing you can do about stupid parents or stupid people. That's a fact.

I am not inclined to alter or repeal the second. Nor do I see that a drastic change in gun laws would prevent the tragedies we see like the one described in the OP. I can't think of a law that would prevent things like that.

So yeah, short of banning guns, there's not a lot you can do.

Yes, short of banning guns, there's not a lot you can do.

Solution.

Ban guns.

It works. Look at the rates of murder etc in the UK.

Yes.
After all it worked so well when alcohol was banned.
It created a very nice illegal underground. :)

Only in America.

A 13-year-old girl in Mississippi has died after allegedly being shot by her nine-year-old brother over a video game, police say.

They said the boy grabbed a gun on Saturday afternoon after his sister would not give up the controller.

A local sheriff announced on Sunday that the teen had died of her injuries in a Memphis hospital. It was unclear how the boy obtained the gun.

"I assume he's seen this on video games or TV. I don't know if he knew exactly what this would do. I can't answer that. I do know it's a tragedy."
Trump and his cohorts will blame video games instead of the fact that a 9 year old was able to get his hands on a gun. Probably it belonged to his parents.

What Trump is over looking is that violent video games are even more popular in Japan than here and there are no mass shootings or brothers shooting their sisters in the head. Because there are no guns! It's pretty damn simple. Japan has 0.6 guns per 100 people as opposed to 101 in the US; crime is low and no mass shootings or siblings shooting each other.

Something tells me the boy was not exercising his freedom, that he was not free to shoot his sister. Not only did the law not allow it, but neither did his parents.

The reason he was able to shoot his sister was because of the gun. Why was there a gun in the house? Why was he able to get a gun? Because of the 2A, the NRA, the attitude towards guns in the US.

Wow!

You refuse to acknowledge the failure of the parent and blame everyone else!

It is amazing how you just toss everyone into the same pot as the parent!

Why was the gun in the house?

Because the person passed the State requirements to own the firearm.

Why was the kid able to obtain the firearm to kill their sister?

The failure of the parent to secure the firearm properly to make sure that their son was not able to get to it without their knowledge!

Now explain to the good board how it is the NRA fault for the parent failure?

I am not part of the NRA but I will be damn if I will ever agree with those like you that put the blame on others for the failure of one or two people!

As a parent it is your job to secure the firearm and if you fail to do so then you are responsible for what your child has done with your firearm along with them!

Not me, not the NRA and not gun owners across this country but you are responsible for securing your firearm and if you do own any my advice to you is to sell them because if you fail to secure your firearm you will blame society and not yourself for your failure in life!

The NRA is just an organization that is pro guns, all the gun freaks join and pay them money for membership. That is all they are. A propaganda machine.

Which organization isn't? Which one isn't asking for money constantly, assuring its members that the world will end if they don't get the money and support it needs to keep going?

Mark

Dozens of children are killed by siblings every year. FAR more children are killed by their Liberal parents every year. (True and provable)
RARELY...every once in a while a gun is involved.

Rather than focus on the real threat to children resulting in FAR more deaths, liberal asswipes who can't stand the fact that overall, guns give humans the ability to suppress government tyranny and potentially save millions of lives, they focus on the rare story like this.

Tommy also missed the 1000's of stories of the young mother saving her children from violent attacks BECAUSE they owned a gun.
Probably 100,000 saved by guns for every one killed by a sibling with a gun. But OH NO....let's ignore all those and focus on this RARE story.

Tommy is a flaming hypocrite, master jackass, Dictator boot kisser, supreme Hoplophobe and pacifier sucker.

In case you want to see the image version......(won't post it here)
http://www.usmessageboard.com/attachments/tommy-jpg.176796/
" FAR more children are killed by their Liberal parents every year. (True and provable)"
Prove it then.

Wow!

The failure of the parent to secure the firearm properly to make sure that their son was not able to get to it without their knowledge!

I am not part of the NRA but I will be damn if I will ever agree with those like you that put the blame on others for the failure of one or two people!

As a parent it is your job to secure the firearm and if you fail to do so then you are responsible for what your child has done with your firearm along with them!

Not me, not the NRA and not gun owners across this country but you are responsible for securing your firearm and if you do own any my advice to you is to sell them because if you fail to secure your firearm you will blame society and not yourself for your failure in life!

The NRA is just an organization that is pro guns, all the gun freaks join and pay them money for membership. That is all they are. A propaganda machine.

Just ignore all their safety programs and all of the practice ranges across the whole country.
NRA Explore | Home

Only in America.

Every time people are like "This is unbelievable", how can it be, it happens all the time.

Will the right come out and say it's not the gun's fault? That without this gun this kid would just have used a chair and put it through her brain?

Ok I’ll be the first righty, did these children live alone?
Why did parents leave gun unsecured?
It’s a bad thing either way, but I put blame on the parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, you put the blame on the parents. That's fine. But this shit keeps happening.

Shitty parents + guns = death.

Right. So, what do you do? Get rid of shitty parents? What law are you going to put in place to get rid of them?

I mean, the right basically wants shit education, even worse sex education and doesn't want anyone to talk about how to be better parents at school.

So......
Shitty parents and cleaning supplies = death
Shitty parents and pools =death
Shitty parents and open windows = death

Seems to me it's the shitty parents that = death

When I was growing up and Prayer was in public schools it wasn't until Jimmy Carters, liberal compassion that allowed "insane" people to be set free from the institutions that would keep them away from harming others or themselves. Today, we have no prayer, and see how that liberal compassion is killing people...

vdriy.jpg

The NRA? Lets say the kid got a hold of a single shot .22 to kill his sister. Are you saying that this to is a gun that should be banned?

Mark

The facts are that the US murder rate is 4 to 5 times higher than the murder rate in the UK.

3/4 of all murders in the US are with guns.

It suggests to me there's a problem with guns in the US.

People with guns are far more effective killers than people without guns. We know this, because we can find multiple examples of kids with guns accidentally killing other kids. Without the guns they would not be efficient killers. Simple as.

Only in America.

Okay, you put the blame on the parents. That's fine. But this shit keeps happening.

Right. So, what do you do? Get rid of shitty parents? What law are you going to put in place to get rid of them?

I mean, the right basically wants shit education, even worse sex education and doesn't want anyone to talk about how to be better parents at school.

So......
Shitty parents + hot water = death. You've bought into a meaningless cliché.

They don't care about dead kids....they only care that dead kids are their best weapon when they try to get guns banned.
If parents aren't allowed to have guns around kids who may or may not pick them up and shoot themselves, their siblings, their parents, their friends.....are any of us truly free?

Wow!

Just ignore all their safety programs and all of the practice ranges across the whole country.
NRA Explore | Home

And how effective are these safety programs?

The problem is the people doing the safety programs aren't the ones who would do the killing most of the time anyway.

It's like giving all the virgins drugs to treat STDs.

So......
Shitty parents + hot water = death. You've bought into a meaningless cliché.

They don't care about dead kids....they only care that dead kids are their best weapon when they try to get guns banned.
If parents aren't allowed to have guns around kids who may or may not pick them up and shoot themselves, their siblings, their parents, their friends.....are any of us truly free?

If no one is allowed to have nukes, or SAMs in their backyard, are any of us really free?

You're not free anyway. You have a political system that fucks you continually day in, day out, and you just take it like a cheap whore. But they tell you that you're free while fucking you, and you smile at that thought.

Only in America.

The only way to stop a bad boy with a gun is a good girl with a gun.

Was she armed? No? See?
Have you gun nuts seen this comment?

Forum List

Back